Garde Manger Cook - Soboba Casino Resort
Garde Manger Cook
Soboba Casino Resort
San Jacinto, California 92581
Jan 03, 2019
Apr 30, 2019
Type of Position:
Food and Beverage
Responsible to manage food production and quality control for all meat, fish, fowl and other food items prepared in the cold kitchen. Responsible to create exceptional cuisine for the cold kitchen section of banquet menu as well as for other food and beverage outlets. Take care of all physical aspects of cold kitchen operation, preparation, and serving of food, equipment maintenance and cleaning, quality control and cleanliness of work area.
- Prepare all cold food according to recipes, guidelines and standards set by the Executive Chef or Casino Resort standards.
- Ensure that assigned work area has proper level of par stocks and supplies according to daily production sheets (based on house count), daily menus and banquet events.
- Keep all refrigeration, equipment, storage, and working areas in clean, working condition in order to comply with health department regulations.
- Visually inspect, select and use only food items of the highest standard in the preparation of all menu items.
- Check and control proper storage of product, checking on portion control, especially in specific cuts of meat, to maintain quality product.
- Preparation of cold food items like salads, sushi, cold cuts, salad dressings, etc.
- Prepare daily requisitions for supplies and food items for production.
- Prepare all dishes following recipes and yield guides.
- Properly label and date all products to ensure safekeeping and sanitation.
- Effectively communicate with other team members to fill and address any issues or needs requested by guests.
- Plan, prepare and set up to provide quality service and product to all outlets requiring items from Garde Manger kitchen.
- Maintain complete knowledge of and compliance with all departmental policies, procedures and standards.
- Maintain complete knowledge of correct maintenance and use of equipment.
- Perform general cleaning tasks using standard kitchen cleaning product as assigned to adhere to health standards.
- Use established company control procedures for food cost, labor cost, and food quality.
- Must be physically present to work a regular, reliable, and predictable work schedule in accordance with business demands, and maintain a consistent and regular attendance record.
- Perform special projects and other responsibilities, tasks, or duties as requested.
Education / Qualifications
- Must be 21 years of age, or older.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Any combination of education, experience and training that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
- Must be able to provide evidence of eligibility to work in the United States of America.
Applicants must already be authorized to work in the US and must be able to obtain and maintain a casino license in the state of California.
Soboba Casino Resort
22777 Soboba Road
San Jacinto CA, 92581
Soboba Casino Resort is located in the foothills of the San Jacinto Mountains, in Southern California. Our casino currently features 2,000 slot machines and 38 Table Games. Food & Beverage venues include Canyons, Noodle Bar, the Food Court, Koffee Kiicha, Maze Stone Lounge, Poolside Bar & Grill, Sports Bar, and Tree Bar. The hotel features 200 rooms and suites. Our entertainment venues include the Soboba Springs Golf Course and Cabaret Lounge.