National Sales Manager - Monarch Casino Black Hawk
National Sales Manager
Monarch Casino Black Hawk
Black Hawk, Colorado 80422
Dec 17, 2018
Jun 30, 2019
Type of Position:
- Develop and execute an annual sales plan related to assigned territory and market segments, including budgets estimates, quarterly goals and activities.
- Solicit and maintain appropriate market segment prospects and clients.
- Develop and build accounts with prospective clients to increase room-night utilization at targeted room rates and need periods.
- Responsible for tracking/tracing accounts, contract documents and correspondence.
- Attend CVB meetings,special events and other meetings as needed.
- Host incoming FAMs and site inspections.
- Travel out of town to attend market segment meetings, trade shows and other promotions.
- Analyze various industry publications, reports and current market trends to create new marketing strategies and plans and make recommendations to the Director of Convention Sales.
- Maintain a positive work environment by conducting all communication with clients, prospects, colleagues, co-workers and supervisors in a professional, friendly, cooperative and helpful manner.
- Provide management with weekly tracking and sales reports for projects, meetings and daily activities.
- Develop and execute telemarketing and e-mail solicitations and promotions.
- Participate in community events, special events, etc. as assigned.
- Listen to client challenges, and tactfully use excellentcustomer service skills to solve these challenges.
- Assist in special marketing projects as assigned by department director.
- Work cooperatively with other members of the sales team as well as other departments to create efficiencies and strategies to increase sales revenues and enhance sales programs.
- Process all inquiries related to assigned market segments.
- Conduct pre-convention meetings to coordinate related catering/convention services, transportation, advertising and other services.
- Develop and maintain a broad network of meetings and convention industry decision-making contacts.
- Trade show and presentation experience
- Effective business plan building skills
- Strong sales abilities
- Excellent public relations and customer service skills
- Efficient organizational skills
- Ability to work independently
- Excellent public speaking skills
- Effective team building skills
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Ethical business practices
- Ability to travel approximately 35% of total time
- Professional appearance and attire
Additional experience a plus:
Previous sales experience required
Hotel sales experience preferred
Valid Colorado Driver’s License
Police Work Card issued by City of Black Hawk Police Department
Applicants must already be authorized to work in the US and must be able to obtain and maintain a casino license in the state of Colorado.
Please click on the Apply Now button, post a resume with Casino Careers and create a Job Search Profile, if you wish to be notified of future opportunities. You can also be redirected to this specific opportunity on our Career Page, so you may complete our company online application.
Monarch Casino Black Hawk
488 Main Street, Black Hawk
PO Box 9
Monarch Casino Black Hawk in Black Hawk, Colorado is conveniently located 40 minutes West of Denver in the historical mining town of Black Hawk. It is the first casino you see when you arrive from Denver on Highway 119.
Monarch Casino Black Hawk features over 750 slots, video poker and action-packed table games and is in the process of an expansion that will double the casino floor, add a 507-room hotel tower, four restaurants and a 10-story parking garage boosting spaces from 500 to 1,551.
With all the great things to come, Monarch needs great people. The casino is accepting applications for talented guest service oriented individuals to join the Monarch team. Ideal applicants will have exceptional communication skills and have a passion for excellent guest service.
By joining Monarch, team members will be well positioned to advance and grow along with the overall expansion. Since Monarch is a service oriented company, it is important to note that all Monarch Casino Black Hawk team members must adhere to strict professional image requirements - visible tattoos and visible body piercings are not permitted.
Monarch Casino is a Monarch Casino & Resort, Inc. property. The parent company is Monarch Casino & Resort, Inc. (NASDAQ: MCRI), a publicly traded corporation.
Our Benefits Program Includes:
- Employee Referral Program – Not only do we pay our current team members $450, we pay your referral up to $225!
- Education/Tuition Reimbursement up to $6,000 per calendar year
- Up to $100 in Weekly Cash Prizes
- 1 Free Meal per Shift
- 2 Weeks Paid Vacation
- 6 Paid Holidays
- Round Trip Bus Tickets for Less Than $5 per Day
- Free Parking
- Health Benefit Insurance Package (medical, dental, vision, and disability and more)
- 401k Retirement Plan with Company Match