Pastry Cook - Sahuarita & Tucson - Desert Diamond Casinos & Entertainment
Pastry Cook - Sahuarita & Tucson
Desert Diamond Casinos & Entertainment
Apr 12, 2019
May 12, 2019
Type of Position:
Food and Beverage
Under the direct supervision of the Pastry Chef, the Pastry Cook entails prepping and cooking pastry items, knowledge of Pastry and baking techniques. Placing stock in proper storage areas, cleaning and maintaining work areas and kitchens, and overall production for all Food & Beverage venues.
This list of duties and responsibilities is illustrative only of the tasks performed by this position and is not all-inclusive.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Cooks and prepares a variety of foods, quantities, styles, according to the menu and demand of the business.
- Use and learns proper knife skills, cooking and baking techniques, methods and terminology.
- Understands and follows standardized recipes when preparing all foods for all food venues and outlets.
- Understands and follows through with all assigned tasks.
- Clearly communicates with Pastry Chefs.
- Maintains and communicates with Pastry Chefs the foods/products needed to ensure safe par levels and proper stock levels.
- Responsible for maintaining a clean, organized and sanitized work area all while following all tribal, city, state and federal health/food safety regulations and codes.
- Responsible for making sure that all areas of their assigned venue/outlet/kitchen are taken care of and all assigned duties are completed.
- Ensuring that assigned areas are completely ready to open by designated time set by management.
- Responsible for all food/storage areas (refrigeration, freezer, dry storage) are kept clean, organized, labeled and dated.
- Responsible for all equipment, tools, floors, work stations and food prep areas are kept clean and organized; as well as free from all clutter, trash and non-approved items.
- Works according to established procedures of the Casino.
- Responsible for being able to communicate well with team members while maintaining a positive and professional work environment.
- Contributes to a team effort and accomplishing all tasks.
- Performs other duties as required.
Education and Experience
- High school degree or GED preferred and two years of recent experience as a baker or pastry cook; or equivalent combination of recent experience and education.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- No felony, theft or stealing convictions.
- Must be able to successfully pass a pre-employment drug/alcohol screen, background investigation, obtain and maintain a gaming license and to include the following:
Knowledge, Abilities, Skills, and Certifications:
- Knowledge of kitchen equipment, utensils, tools and machinery.
- Knowledge of safe practices in a kitchen working environment.
- Ability to communicate, read, and write clearly in basic English.
- Ability to demonstrate outstanding guest service at all times.
- Ability to work in a busy, fast paced environment.
- Ability to perform in a professional appearance and manner.
- Ability to be organized and coordinating task amongst team members.
- Ability to safely use and administer cleaning equipment and supplies.
- Knowledge of basic foods and there uses.
- Knowledge of all food safety regulations.
- Ability to teach basic culinary methods, techniques and principles.
- Ability to clearly communicate to all levels of management.
While performing the duties of this job, the team member will be required to stand for extended periods of time sometimes in the same place. The job will entail constant communication at all times to communicate where you are and to communicate the task at hand. The job will require you to use your hands constantly for cutting, grabbing, lifting, washing, touching, sensing and holding items. You will be required to walk often at a safe pace. The team member occasionally is required to sit; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The team member must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Work is generally performed in the Casino’s kitchen area with exposure to heat, fumes, steam, second hand smoke, and a high noise level. Evenings, graveyards, holidays and/or weekend work are required. Extended hours and irregular shifts may be required. Will work in all venues unless specified by the Executive Chef or Food and Beverage Management.
Starting Salary: $12.74 Per Hour Or More (DOE)
All applicants must be able to demonstrate their US work authorization during the employment verification process.
To be considered for this position you must complete our Employment Application. Please click on Apply Now and you'll be redirected to our online form.
Desert Diamond Casinos & Entertainment
Office hours: Monday-Friday, 7 am to 5 pm and Saturday, 7 am to 4 pm
The Desert Diamond Casinos & Entertainment offers a convenient, memorable entertainment experience in Tucson, Sahuarita, Why and Glendale, Arizona. Amenities include unmatched gaming options, fine dining, the Monsoon Nightclub and world-class sporting events, music concerts and comedy sets at the Diamond Center. Desert Diamond Casinos & Entertainment also offers one of the region's finest convention centers and high-tech meeting facilities.
An enterprise of the Tohono O’odham Nation, Desert Diamond Casinos & Entertainment has been in the gaming and entertainment business for almost 30 years, beginning in 1985 with the opening of Papago Bingo in the Tucson area.
In 1993, the first Desert Diamond Casino was opened on Nogales Highway. Six years later, a smaller facility opened in Why, Arizona. The third Desert Diamond Casino near Sahuarita was opened in 2001. In 2007, the original casino on Nogales Highway was replaced with a new casino, hotel and convention center complex. Our newest property, Desert Diamond Casino – West Valley opened in late 2015 and has quickly become one of the Phoenix metropolitan area’s hottest spots.
Desert Diamond Casinos & Entertainment Tucson offers over 1,000 slots, a poker room with the area's most competitive tournaments, live blackjack, high-stakes bingo and fabulous keno.The hotel located only minutes from the Tucson International Airport includes complimentary wireless internet access, a heated outdoor pool, jetted hydro-spa, patio seating with a fire pit, exercise facilities, coffee bar and lounge.
Desert Diamond Casinos & Entertainment Sahuarita offers hundreds of slots and live blackjack tables. Food & Beverage venues include three restaurants - the Agave Restaurant offering fine dining, the Diamond Buffet and the Diamond Grill, as well as the two cocktail lounges.
Desert Diamond Casinos & Entertainment Why is the perfect rest stop for travelers on their way to Puerto Peñasco (Rocky Point) or making the trek to western Arizona. Guests can play slots at the self-service gas station and fully stocked convenience store.
Desert Diamond Casinos & Entertainment West Valley - located in Glendale, Arizona offers a 35,000 sq. ft. Class 2 casino with bingo-style slot machines. It is currently undergoing a $400 million development which will result in a 1 million-square-foot resort with a 75,000 sq. ft. casino with table games, such as blackjack and poker, as well as Las Vegas-style slot machines. The new facility will also feature five restaurants and cocktail lounges.