Venue Manager (Restaurant) - Tucson - Desert Diamond Casinos & Entertainment
Venue Manager (Restaurant) - Tucson
Desert Diamond Casinos & Entertainment
Tucson, Arizona 85756
Apr 12, 2019
May 12, 2019
Type of Position:
Food and Beverage
Under direct supervision of the Food & Beverage Assistant Manager, the Venue Manager maintains professional, efficient and courteous Food and Beverage operations; by greeting guests and team members, establishing a rapport with them, and giving them outstanding service and training in a professional and timely manner. Works in tandem with culinary staff to exceed guest’s expectations.
Follows, understands and consistently enforces Title 4 State laws, and Tohono O’odham Gaming Enterprise internal controls. This list of duties and responsibilities is illustrative only of the tasks performed by this position and is not all-inclusive.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for training, development, and overseeing the daily operational functions of the Venue Manager Intern.
- Responsible for providing exceptional service to all guests in a friendly, efficient manner.
- Responsible for quality control and consistent presentation of items being served.
- Responsible for effective communication with Management, team members, staff and other departments.
- Responsible for attending and contribute in Supervisor\ Management meetings required to keep informed for continued growth and development.
- Ability to efficiently and effectively order from procurement system.
- Ability and knowledge to create schedules to suffice business needs.
- Maintains and organizes par levels for all product ordered.
- Maintains up to date attendance records for staff.
- Maintains self as a leader with high levels of integrity and acts in the best interest of the enterprise.
- Monitors and maintains team members time records with effective labor results.
- Assists in the daily operations in an efficient, cost effective, and labor effective manner.
- Conducts fair performance evaluations on subordinates.
- Effectively trains staff members with consistent positive results.
- Knowledge of profit and loss statements, ability to present variances.
- Works closely with other departments to ensure outstanding service is provided for our guests.
- Recognizes that each team member is a representative of Desert Diamond Casino and is responsible for demonstrating courtesy, respect, and sensitivity to the needs of every person (guests and team members).
- Recognizes that management has certain personal responsibilities, which affect the operational efficiency of the casino. Maintains proper attendance in accordance with casino policy.
- Builds strong cohesive team by creating an environment of teamwork and lateral service.
- Performs other duties as required.
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or GED plus 1 year recent Supervisory dining room or food service experience.
- Must have experience in cash handling and alcohol enforcement.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Must be able to obtain a Food Handlers card.
- No felony, theft or stealing convictions.
- Must be able to successfully pass a pre-employment drug/alcohol screen, background investigation, TIPS certification in alcoholic management, obtain and maintain a gaming license and to include the following:
Knowledge, Abilities, Skills, and Certifications:
- Must have high energy and motivated personality and encompass positive, motivating leadership qualities.
- Knowledge of dining, buffet and food maintenance operations and customer service.
- Knowledge of all menu items including entrees, side dishes, beverages and desserts.
- Knowledge of Point of Sale (POS) systems.
- Knowledge of procurement systems.
- Knowledge of supervisory techniques.
- Knowledge of computers.
- Ability to communicate effectively in the English language, both verbally and in writing with other staff and general public.
- Ability to service guests in a positive and professional approachable manner.
- Ability to follow instructions and work in a stressful and busy environment.
- Ability to carry out detailed, but uninvolved written and oral instructions.
- Ability to lead in a team environment and cooperate with team members.
- Ability to effectively resolve guest concerns in a timely manner.
- Assigns duties, responsibilities, and work stations to team members in accordance with work requirements.
- Skill in interpersonal and customer relations.
- Must present a neat and professional appearance.
- Must present self with professional phone and radio etiquette.
While performing the duties of this job, the team member regularly is required to stand for extended periods; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The team member frequently is required to walk. The team member occasionally is required to sit; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The team member must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Work is generally performed in a restaurant and casino setting with exposure to second-hand smoke and a high noise level. Evenings, graveyards, holidays, and/or weekend work are required. Extended hours and irregular shifts may be required.
All applicants must be able to demonstrate their US work authorization during the employment verification process.
To be considered for this position you must complete our Employment Application. Please click on Apply Now and you'll be redirected to our online form.
Desert Diamond Casinos & Entertainment
Office hours: Monday-Friday, 7 am to 5 pm and Saturday, 7 am to 4 pm
The Desert Diamond Casinos & Entertainment offers a convenient, memorable entertainment experience in Tucson, Sahuarita, Why and Glendale, Arizona. Amenities include unmatched gaming options, fine dining, the Monsoon Nightclub and world-class sporting events, music concerts and comedy sets at the Diamond Center. Desert Diamond Casinos & Entertainment also offers one of the region's finest convention centers and high-tech meeting facilities.
An enterprise of the Tohono O’odham Nation, Desert Diamond Casinos & Entertainment has been in the gaming and entertainment business for almost 30 years, beginning in 1985 with the opening of Papago Bingo in the Tucson area.
In 1993, the first Desert Diamond Casino was opened on Nogales Highway. Six years later, a smaller facility opened in Why, Arizona. The third Desert Diamond Casino near Sahuarita was opened in 2001. In 2007, the original casino on Nogales Highway was replaced with a new casino, hotel and convention center complex. Our newest property, Desert Diamond Casino – West Valley opened in late 2015 and has quickly become one of the Phoenix metropolitan area’s hottest spots.
Desert Diamond Casinos & Entertainment Tucson offers over 1,000 slots, a poker room with the area's most competitive tournaments, live blackjack, high-stakes bingo and fabulous keno.The hotel located only minutes from the Tucson International Airport includes complimentary wireless internet access, a heated outdoor pool, jetted hydro-spa, patio seating with a fire pit, exercise facilities, coffee bar and lounge.
Desert Diamond Casinos & Entertainment Sahuarita offers hundreds of slots and live blackjack tables. Food & Beverage venues include three restaurants - the Agave Restaurant offering fine dining, the Diamond Buffet and the Diamond Grill, as well as the two cocktail lounges.
Desert Diamond Casinos & Entertainment Why is the perfect rest stop for travelers on their way to Puerto Peñasco (Rocky Point) or making the trek to western Arizona. Guests can play slots at the self-service gas station and fully stocked convenience store.
Desert Diamond Casinos & Entertainment West Valley - located in Glendale, Arizona offers a 35,000 sq. ft. Class 2 casino with bingo-style slot machines. It is currently undergoing a $400 million development which will result in a 1 million-square-foot resort with a 75,000 sq. ft. casino with table games, such as blackjack and poker, as well as Las Vegas-style slot machines. The new facility will also feature five restaurants and cocktail lounges.