Supervisor - Food and Beverage - Monarch Casino Black Hawk
Supervisor - Food and Beverage
Monarch Casino Black Hawk
Black Hawk, Colorado 80422
Dec 28, 2018
Apr 30, 2019
Type of Position:
Food and Beverage
This person will contribute to our success by ensuring the highest level of guest services. Satisfaction is maintained by serving internal and external guests in a professional, accurate, and timely manner.
- Interviewing, disciplining, developing/training and scheduling of staff.
- Lead team member shift meetings.
- Monitors and supervises shift activities, opening and closing duties.
- Interacts with guests to resolve any guest issues.
- Works with other supervisors to facilitate a pleasurable dining experience for guests.
- Fills in for line staff when required.
- Demonstrates proactive leadership skills.
- Communicates well with guests and team members in a team environment.
- Must facilitate repeat business through pleasurable dining experiences.
QUALIFICATIONS – is considered Education & Experience
- Must be at least 21 years of age and able to obtain and maintain a Colorado Support Gaming License.
- Minimum 1-year previous F&B Supervision/Management experience required in FOH operations or relevant degree in hospitality program.
- Problem Solving, Quality Control and Priority Assessment – Must evaluate current practices and processes; immediately recognize potential areas of conflict; and initiate ways to improve current business methods, quality of products and services provided to the guests.
- Conflict management-An Assistant Manager must recognize a problem when it arises and be able to resolve it appropriately by using good judgment, tact and initiative according to company policy and procedure. Requires the often-unbiased mediation skills to handle all types of conflicts that will occur at all levels of supervision and the ability to negotiate effectively.
- Information Gathering-Must identify and utilize internal and external sources to improve and maintain the company’s objectives.
- Sales Techniques and Guest Influence-Must understand products and services, develop new prospects for opportunity, and understand guest needs clearly. Must also possess substantial experience and remain current in state-of-the-art sales methods. Must set and meet sales goals.
- Understands measurements of liquid and weight and temperatures
- Ability to work in high volume, sometimes loud and ever changing environment
- Basic to intermediate computer knowledge
- Must possess excellent guest service and communication skills with the ability to deal with guests.
- Ability to speak and write English.
- Ability to communicate information through spoken words and sentences that others will understand
- Ability to read and understand information and instructions presented in writing.
- Must be able to stand for duration of shift.
- Must be able to bend, stoop and continuously use hands.
- Ability to push and pull up to 25lbs pounds and occasionally up to 45lbs
- Ability to work all shifts including weekends and holidays when needed.
- Successfully pass a pre-employment criminal background check and drug screen.
An Equal Opportunity Employer: Monarch Casino Black Hawk does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, genetic information or any other status protected by law or regulation. It is Monarch’s intention that all qualified applicants are given equal opportunity and that selection decisions be based on job-related factors.
Applicants must already be authorized to work in the US and must be able to obtain and maintain a casino license in the state of Colorado.
Please click on the Apply Now button, post a resume with Casino Careers and create a Job Search Profile, if you wish to be notified of future opportunities. You can also be redirected to this specific opportunity on our Career Page, so you may complete our company online application.
Monarch Casino Black Hawk
488 Main Street, Black Hawk
PO Box 9
Monarch Casino Black Hawk in Black Hawk, Colorado is conveniently located 40 minutes West of Denver in the historical mining town of Black Hawk. It is the first casino you see when you arrive from Denver on Highway 119.
Monarch Casino Black Hawk features over 750 slots, video poker and action-packed table games and is in the process of an expansion that will double the casino floor, add a 507-room hotel tower, four restaurants and a 10-story parking garage boosting spaces from 500 to 1,551.
With all the great things to come, Monarch needs great people. The casino is accepting applications for talented guest service oriented individuals to join the Monarch team. Ideal applicants will have exceptional communication skills and have a passion for excellent guest service.
By joining Monarch, team members will be well positioned to advance and grow along with the overall expansion. Since Monarch is a service oriented company, it is important to note that all Monarch Casino Black Hawk team members must adhere to strict professional image requirements - visible tattoos and visible body piercings are not permitted.
Monarch Casino is a Monarch Casino & Resort, Inc. property. The parent company is Monarch Casino & Resort, Inc. (NASDAQ: MCRI), a publicly traded corporation.
Our Benefits Program Includes:
- Employee Referral Program – Not only do we pay our current team members $450, we pay your referral up to $225!
- Education/Tuition Reimbursement up to $6,000 per calendar year
- Up to $100 in Weekly Cash Prizes
- 1 Free Meal per Shift
- 2 Weeks Paid Vacation
- 6 Paid Holidays
- Round Trip Bus Tickets for Less Than $5 per Day
- Free Parking
- Health Benefit Insurance Package (medical, dental, vision, and disability and more)
- 401k Retirement Plan with Company Match