Senior Project Manager - Operations - Desert Diamond Casinos & Entertainment
Senior Project Manager - Operations
Desert Diamond Casinos & Entertainment
Tucson, Arizona 85756
Apr 12, 2019
May 12, 2019
Type of Position:
Construction & Project Development
Under direct supervision of the Assistant General Manager, the Senior Project Manager of Operations will partner with Operational leadership to provide support and coordination in the direction and completion of Operational division projects for the Enterprise.
In partnership with department leaders, manages the overall delivery of projects. Serves as the secondary contact, presents project status to Operations department leadership, manages the project change process, manages expectations, and escalates issues as appropriate.
Will identify opportunities for follow up work as well as new projects. Escalates issue that impact timing or budget to operational department leadership and works to obtain additional resources as needed during project life cycle.
This list of duties and responsibilities is illustrative only of the tasks performed by this position and is not all-inclusive.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Performs a broad range of project coordination for the Operational division of the Enterprise.
- Creates and maintains the Enterprise Project Methodology which includes processes for the project; commissioning, initiation, planning, execution and completion for all TOGE operational division projects.
- Establishes and maintains a program for monitoring and reporting on project compliance of methodology policies, processes and procedures for all projects being performed within the operational division of the Enterprise.
- Supports department leadership by overseeing project requests and commissioning process for all TOGE operational division projects to ensure only projects approved by upper management are move forward.
- Creates and promotes collaborative knowledge and skills are shared with all departments to facilitate efficient and timely delivery of projects.
- Ensures that projects are properly documented and information stored in a common repository for future reference.
- Prepares project budgets in conjunction with departmental leaders to ensure that costs remain within stated budgets or obtain approval to exceed stated budgets and provide a final cost analysis of all TOGE operational division projects.
- Prepares reports for senior management on the status of projects and ensures currency of these reports.
- Ensures that the project management system is properly regulated and used based on those regulations and provides monthly reports outlining the status of the effort.
- Maintains currency knowledge with respect to relevant state-of-the-art technology, equipment, and/or systems.
- Builds and maintains working relationships with operational leaders, team members, vendors and other departments involved in the projects.
- Maintains a good communication with leaders and maintains a positive and professional work environment.
- Contributes and supports operational leaders through team efforts and accomplishes related results as required.
- Performs other duties as required.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree required, with five years experience in project management.
- Equivalent combination of education and work experience may be considered.
- PMP certification is required.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Project is preferred.
- No felony, theft or stealing convictions.
- Must be able to successfully pass a pre-employment drug/alcohol screen, background investigation, obtain and maintain gaming license and to include the following:
Knowledge, Abilities, Skills, and Certifications:
- Knowledge of relevant state-of-the-art technology, equipment, and/or systems.
- Knowledge of customer service standards and procedures.
- Knowledge of management techniques.
- Ability to communicate effectively in the English language, both verbally and in writing with staff and the general public.
- Ability to prioritize work to accomplish desired results.
- Ability to analyze and resolve problems.
- Ability to develop and manage budgets.
- Records maintenance skills.
- Ability to foster a cooperative work environment.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to prepare and produce reports.
- Skill in organizing resources and establishing priorities.
- Technical writing skills.
- Skill in operating business computers and office machines, including in a Windows environment, specifically Word, Excel, Access, and presentation software (such as PowerPoint).
While performing the duties of this job, the team member regularly is required to sit and stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The team member frequently is required to walk. The team member occasionally is required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The team member must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Work is generally performed in an office and Casino setting with exposure to second-hand smoke and a high noise level. Evening, graveyard, holiday and/or weekend work may be required. Extended hours and irregular shifts may be required.
All applicants must be able to demonstrate their US work authorization during the employment verification process.
To be considered for this position you must complete our Employment Application. Please click on Apply Now and you'll be redirected to our online form.
Desert Diamond Casinos & Entertainment
Office hours: Monday-Friday, 7 am to 5 pm and Saturday, 7 am to 4 pm
The Desert Diamond Casinos & Entertainment offers a convenient, memorable entertainment experience in Tucson, Sahuarita, Why and Glendale, Arizona. Amenities include unmatched gaming options, fine dining, the Monsoon Nightclub and world-class sporting events, music concerts and comedy sets at the Diamond Center. Desert Diamond Casinos & Entertainment also offers one of the region's finest convention centers and high-tech meeting facilities.
An enterprise of the Tohono O’odham Nation, Desert Diamond Casinos & Entertainment has been in the gaming and entertainment business for almost 30 years, beginning in 1985 with the opening of Papago Bingo in the Tucson area.
In 1993, the first Desert Diamond Casino was opened on Nogales Highway. Six years later, a smaller facility opened in Why, Arizona. The third Desert Diamond Casino near Sahuarita was opened in 2001. In 2007, the original casino on Nogales Highway was replaced with a new casino, hotel and convention center complex. Our newest property, Desert Diamond Casino – West Valley opened in late 2015 and has quickly become one of the Phoenix metropolitan area’s hottest spots.
Desert Diamond Casinos & Entertainment Tucson offers over 1,000 slots, a poker room with the area's most competitive tournaments, live blackjack, high-stakes bingo and fabulous keno.The hotel located only minutes from the Tucson International Airport includes complimentary wireless internet access, a heated outdoor pool, jetted hydro-spa, patio seating with a fire pit, exercise facilities, coffee bar and lounge.
Desert Diamond Casinos & Entertainment Sahuarita offers hundreds of slots and live blackjack tables. Food & Beverage venues include three restaurants - the Agave Restaurant offering fine dining, the Diamond Buffet and the Diamond Grill, as well as the two cocktail lounges.
Desert Diamond Casinos & Entertainment Why is the perfect rest stop for travelers on their way to Puerto Peñasco (Rocky Point) or making the trek to western Arizona. Guests can play slots at the self-service gas station and fully stocked convenience store.
Desert Diamond Casinos & Entertainment West Valley - located in Glendale, Arizona offers a 35,000 sq. ft. Class 2 casino with bingo-style slot machines. It is currently undergoing a $400 million development which will result in a 1 million-square-foot resort with a 75,000 sq. ft. casino with table games, such as blackjack and poker, as well as Las Vegas-style slot machines. The new facility will also feature five restaurants and cocktail lounges.