Public Areas Lead - Sandia Resort & Casino
Public Areas Lead
Sandia Resort & Casino
Albuquerque, New Mexico 87113
May 04, 2021
Jul 23, 2021
Type of Position:
Under direct supervision of Public Areas Supervisor, assists as a leader in the overall Public Areas functions, cleanliness of the Casino, and related facilities in accordance with management directives. The Public Areas Lead is a working lead person and is required to assume the same cleaning duties as the general Public Areas Attendant staff. The Public Areas Lead assumes the role of Public Areas supervisor in the Public Areas Supervisors’ absence.
Under the direct supervision of the Public Areas Supervisor.
In the Public Areas Supervisors’ absence, the Public Areas Manager supervises the Public Areas Lead.
The Public Areas Lead supervises and supports the Public Areas staff as required.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Under supervision: directs, leads, and evaluate work assigned to Public Areas personnel.
- Under supervision oversees departmental duties: dusting, vacuuming, trash disposal, restroom cleaning; cleaning of windows, mirrors, walls, doors, and carpet cleaning.
- Under supervision, oversees cleaning of Bingo Hall, Slot Machines, and other furnishings.
- Assists in maintaining inventory and order departmental cleaning supplies as required.
- Schedules Public Areas staff daily cleaning duties, when standing in as a supervisor.
- Prepares and maintains files, records, reports, and related documents in support of Public Areas activities, when standing in as a supervisor.
- Enforces Housekeeping Department standard operating procedures, when standing in as a supervisor.
- Under an emergency evacuation and fire, the ability to control emergency mechanical functions; such as turns off/on electric power and gas, when standing in as a supervisor.
- Familiarity and ability to adjust Casino and Resort thermostats.
- Signs off and monitors Public Areas employees’ time cards for accuracy, when standing in as a supervisor.
- When working as Lead, reports to work by 9:30 p.m. graveyard shifts; 3:30 p.m. swing shifts; 7:30 a.m. day shifts; to meet and coordinate with Public Areas Supervisor.
- Performs additional duties and responsibilities as necessary or assigned.
Secondary Duties and Responsibilities
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to supervise and direct the work of others.
- Knowledge of operation of tools used in the performance of Public Areas work.
- Ability to prepare and maintain office reports and records.
- Ability to maintain an equipment operating supply inventory.
- Knowledge of general safety rules, requirements, procedures, and reporting requirements.
- Ability to communicate effectively and maintain good public and employee relations.
- Ability to maintain overall Public Areas supplies used in the Casino and Resort operations.
- Ability to administer first aid until Security Department assumes control.
Minimum Qualifications, Education and Experience
- High School Diploma, GED certification or equivalent.
- One (1) year of responsible experience in an environmental services work environment.
- Must possess and maintain a valid, unrestricted New Mexico Driver’s License.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Prior supervisory experience.
- Must be able to successfully pass a stringent background investigation.
- Will require a post-offer, pre-employment and random drug screening.
- Duties are performed indoors with certain outdoor activity as required. Outdoor duties are subject to temperature extremes and inclement weather.
- Subject to potential hazards such as cleaning solvents and cleaning compounds.
- Subject to potential hazards such as heights, motorized equipment, and hand tools.
- Additional potential hazards include exposure to infections, diseases, fumes, odors, dust, mist, and gases.
- Duties may involve walking, climbing, crawling, standing for long periods of time, sitting, crouching, kneeling, running, and the ability to assume prone positions.
- Work hours are subject to change with overtime work required as approved by management.
- Must be able to work long hours under stressful conditions.
- Specific physical body movements require the following:
- Trunk – bend, twists, rotate, push, pull, carry
- Arms – reach, carries, push, pull, twists, rotate.
- Legs – lift, push, pull, twists, rotate, balance
- Hands – grasp, manipulate, bilateral coordination, overall and finger dexterity
- Eye and hand coordination
- Must be able to lift 75 lbs.
Salary Range: $12.01 – $15.02 Per Hour
Applicants must already be authorized to work in the US and must be able to obtain and maintain a casino license in the state of New Mexico.
Sandia Resort and Casino
30 Rainbow Road NE
Albuquerque, NM 87113
Phone: (800) 526-9366
The Sandia Resort and Casino is situated on the Northeast corner of Interstate 25 and Tramway Road in Albuquerque, New Mexico. Since it first opened in 1994, The Sandia Resort and Casino has undergone extensive developments to its property to provide a truly all-inclusive and luxurious experience for visitors.
Owned and operated by the Pueblo of Sandia, it was the very first Indian casino in New Mexico at its opening. Now there are approximately 25 tribal casinos in the state, including Sandia.
The goal was to create an upscale experience that was close to home for New Mexicans, while encompassing Southwestern pride and culture for out-of-state visitors. With friendly customer service and opulent amenities, this goal was not only realized, it made Sandia Resort & Casino the best place for entertainment in the state.
The Vegas-style casino floor offers 140,000 square feet of your favorite games, including more than 2,300 slots, Blackjack, Craps, Roulette, Mini Baccarat, Pai Gow Poker, Three Card Poker, Bingo, Live Keno, and the state's largest non-smoking Poker room.
This is only the tip of the iceberg in regards to all that Sandia Casino has to offer. With the addition of the hotel in 2005, and another expansion in 2014 to add the golf pavilion and parking garage, Sandia Resort & Casino slowly became much more than just a place to game.
Visitors from all over the nation can now get lost in the lights and sounds of the casino floor, relax at the luxurious Green Reed Spa, dive into the outdoor pool, tee off on the 18-hole championship golf course, listen to their favorite singer at the amphitheater, dine at any of the numerous restaurants, bars, and lounges, get married to their best friend, and spend the night in one of the grand, luxury suites – all available onsite.
Come say hello to New Mexico’s best place to play – Sandia Resort & Casino!