Audio Visual Technician II - Fantasy Springs Resort Casino
Audio Visual Technician II
Fantasy Springs Resort Casino
Indio, California 92203
Jul 02, 2019
Jul 31, 2019
Type of Position:
Performs and will set up and install media equipment such as LCD projectors, speakers, TVs, video monitors and cameras. Technicians are integral members of the organization’s community as they work to support CBMI/FSRC mission and vision.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Installation, service, testing, troubleshooting, or programming of numerous Audio Visual Systems.
- Oversee operations and maintenance of systems in Entertainment venues as needed.
- Coordinate with other departments and internal/external guests to ensure all AV needs are met and events occur without incident.
- Site certification of all new and relocated video conference systems.
- Carry out regular preventative room checks, ensuring all equipment functions correctly in accordance with the room check procedures, including morning, evening, monthly and lamp life check.
- Proactive maintenance/reporting to ensure all AV equipment is always of the highest standard and functioning correctly.
- Carry out all power down/up when required, usually involving out of hours overtime commitments.
- Maintain an accurate portable AV equipment asset inventory.
- Managing designated videoconference & audio visual facilities, systems maintenance, operations and administration of client standards of video, audio and web conferencing services.
- Program and update Monitors and adjusts Television programming, music selections, and in house programming in public and back of house areas.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure and often independently.
- Establishing and maintaining effective working relationships.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Minimum 5 -7 years of experience in a position with similar responsibilities.
- Excellent technical knowledge of teleconferencing, presentation and other AV hardware.
- Mechanically and electronically inclined.
- Ability to operate tools, components and peripheral accessories.
- Able to read and understand technical manuals, procedural documentation, and OEM guides.
- Ability to work in a very high pace and dynamic environment.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills are required.
- Ability to quickly adapt to changing needs, infrastructure and evolving business practices.
- Ability to create and maintain technical and functional documentation.
- Working knowledge of audio and visual conference room equipment.
- Experience on multiple operating system platforms (Windows and/or Mac).
- Data/LCD & HD projection, sound, integrated control systems and video conferencing, telephone conferencing equipment and presentation software.
- ISDN, VoIP and other telecommunications networks and equivalent.
- Excellent customer relations skills.
- Must have a High School Diploma or GED/equivalent.
- Associates Degree of Certification from a Technical Institute preferred.
- Must be 21 years of age or older.
- Working knowledge of audio, video, control and communication systems is required.
- Strong background in electronics and low voltage integration or solid job history/tenure working for an established A/V contractor.
- Audio, video conferencing, or control equipment manufacturer certifications is a plus.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger; handle, or feel ; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel crouch, or crawl and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts and outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Employees working the Casino or Bowling Center may be exposed to second-hand smoke and moderate levels of noise.
All applicants must be able to demonstrate their US work authorization during the employment verification process.
Fantasy Springs Resort Casino
Cabazon Band of Mission Indians
84-245 Indio Springs Parkway
Indio, CA 92203-3499
Fax: (760) 238-5621
Web Site: www.fantasyspringsresort.com
Fantasy Springs Resort Casino is located on the reservation of the Cabazon Band of Mission Indians in southern California near the city of Indio, 22 miles east of Palm Springs and approximately 130 miles northeast of Los Angeles.
Fantasy Springs Resort Casino offers 2,000 slot and video poker machines, Bingo and 40 table games, which include Blackjack, Mini-Baccarat, California Craps, Jackpot Pai Gow, and Spanish 21.
The Resort offers 250 luxurious rooms with spectacular mountain views. Food and beverage venues include fine dining in The Bistro and casual dining or cocktails in JOY Asian Cuisine, POM, The Fresh Grill Buffet, The Pizza Kitchen, Lique , LIT bar & lounge, and the12th Floor Cocktail Lounge & Wine Bar.
Guests can enjoy live entertainment from concerts to boxing in the Special Events Center and relax on the Eagle Falls Golf Course, a masterpiece with unique elevations and water features that is open for public play.