Line Cook - Tesuque Casino
Santa Fe, New Mexico 87506
Oct 24, 2018
Apr 30, 2019
Type of Position:
Food and Beverage
The Cook serves under Kitchen Management; Executive Chef, Sous Chef and or Kitchen Manager and works closely with the Kitchen and Restaurant teams. The Cook prepares menu food items for all Casino restaurants, including Grab and Go, employee dining room and special functions and meetings. The Cook?s duties also include buffet runner, carver etc. in the restaurant and for special events or banquets.
NOTE: Native American preference will be given
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Prepares, seasons, finishes, and garnishes all food outlined by the Executive Chef.
• Maintains all refrigeration and dry storage areas to ensure proper handling and rotation of products.
• Ensures their culinary workstation is clean and that all food items are properly covered, labeled and stored at the end of shift.
• Follows all recipes, specifications, and control procedures.
• Maintains a clean and sanitary area at all times in full accordance with health regulations.
• Assists with guest requests when needed.
• At times, washes and stocks dishes in the absence of the dishwasher or in high demand. Assists with storage and proper rotation of food products.
• Uses dry and liquid measure and scales.
• Maintains a culinary workstation when required.
• Performs proper receiving, thawing, and storage in correct location, proportioning prep area sanitation, heating and holding, and re-reheating (including sauces, soups, salad bar items, lunch, dinner, and produce).
• At times, washes dishes in the absence of the dishwasher or in high demand.
This list of duties and responsibilities is illustrative only of the tasks performed by this position and is not all-inclusive.
• Preferably, at least one year detailed cooking experience in the restaurant and/or other type of food service industry or operation.
• Must have minimal knowledge and skill levels in Culinary Arts and Sanitation.
• Must be 18 years old or older.
• High Integrity
• Positive Attitude
• Teamwork Oriented
• Performance Driven
Knowledge, Abilities, Skills, and Certifications:
• Professional communication skills are required.
• Ability to take direction.
• Ability to work in a team environment.
• Ability to work calmly and effectively under pressure.
• Possesses problem-solving abilities, is self-motivated and organized.
• Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
• Ability to read, writes, and understand clear English.
• Must be able to speak, read and understand basic cooking directions.
• Adhere to company policies and procedures
• Commitment to quality and excellent customer service
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, reach with hands and arms, and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand and walk. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms, sit, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or bend.
The employee is frequently required to lift up 25 to 50 lb.
Work generally performed in an office and Casino setting with exposure to extreme hot and cold temperatures, second-hand smoke and a high noise level. Evening and/or weekends, extended hours and irregular shifts may be required.
Applicants must already be authorized to work in the US and must be able to obtain and maintain a casino license in the state of New Mexico.
7 Tesuque Hill Rd
Santa Fe NM, 87506
Tesuque Casino, owned by the Pueblo of Tesuque, is located five minutes from the the historic Santa Fe Plaza and the Sangre de Cristo mountains. The property offers more than 800 slot machines and 10 table games. The Casino also features The Cottonwood Kitchen which provides live music.