Table Games Dealer - Sandia Resort & Casino
49297 | Gaming Industry Experience Required
Table Games Dealer
Sandia Resort & Casino
Albuquerque, New Mexico 87113
Apr 04, 2019
Jun 30, 2019
Type of Position:
Casino Tables, Slots, Sports, & Online Gaming
The dealer, under the direction of the Table Games Director, Manager, Pit Manager and Supervisor, is responsible for dealing the assigned game in accordance with casino policy and procedures. The Dealer may sign Fill/Credit slips, table opener/closer and temporary opener/closers. The dealer has access to pit areas, table banks, and cards/dice in play and customer funds.
Supervised by the Table Games Supervisor and/or Pit Manager/Boss.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Checks and verifies all equipment.
- Verbalizes on all game transactions.
- Accurately deals all games as assigned.
- Knows and understands the procedures for all games assigned.
- Provides outstanding customer service.
- Keeps supervisor informed about game situations.
- Makes proper change and color-ups.
- Possesses excellent dexterity for the games dealt.
- Understands and observes the proper rotation.
- Responsive and compliant with supervisor requests.
- Recognizes winning/losing bets and situations.
- Maintains awareness of game situations and players at all times.
- Walk the tables on games that require it.
- Follows all procedures regarding the acceptance of tips.
- Treats all customers as valued patrons of the house.
- Maintains a neat and professional appearance.
- Assists the supervisor in complying with all duties.
- Strict adherence to Sandia Casino System of Internal Controls.
- Maintains and cleans work area.
- Performs additional duties and responsibilities as necessary or assigned.
Secondary Duties and Responsibilities
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to pass game tests and auditions.
- Ability to deal effectively with the public.
- Ability to work odd and unusual hours, including weekends and Holidays.
- Ability to exhibit a strong motivational commitment to the organization.
- Ability to follow instructions.
- Ability to speak accurately and clearly in public.
- Knowledge of all Table Games rules and regulations.
- Must be able to read, write and speak English fluently.
GAMING INDUSTRY EXPERIENCE IS REQUIRED
Minimum Qualifications, Education and Experience
- High School Diploma, GED certification or equivalent.
- One (1) year dealing experience.
- Successful passing of a table audition.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain the required Gaming license.
- Will require a post-offer, pre-employment and random drug screening.
- Work is performed indoors.
- Work hours subject to change with overtime work required.
- Must be able to work long hours under stressful conditions.
- Subject to hazards that may cause personal bodily harm: smoke, common colds, influenza, dust, odors and elevated noise levels.
- Tasks may be performed on uneven, inclined, hard and soft carpeted floors, cement structures and surfaces.
- Duties may involve walking, standing for long periods of time, sitting and crouching.
- Specific required movements include the following:
- Trunk-bend, twist, rotate, push, pull, and carry
- Arms-reach, carry, push, pull, lift, twist, and rotate
- Legs-lift, push, pull, twist, and rotate
- Hands-grasp, manipulates, bilateral coordination, eye and hand coordination, overall and finger dexterity.
Salary Range: $6.58 – $8.23 Per Hour + Tips
Applicants must already be authorized to work in the US and must be able to obtain and maintain a casino license in the state of New Mexico.
In order to be considered for this position, please click on the Apply Now button and you will be redirected to our Company Employment Application, which must be completed and submitted.
The Sandia Resort and Casino is situated on the Northeast corner of Interstate 25 and Tramway Road in Albuquerque, New Mexico. Since it first opened in 1994, The Sandia Resort and Casino has undergone extensive developments to its property to provide a truly all-inclusive and luxurious experience for visitors.
Owned and operated by the Pueblo of Sandia, it was the very first Indian casino in New Mexico at its opening. Now there are approximately 25 tribal casinos in the state, including Sandia.
The goal was to create an upscale experience that was close to home for New Mexicans, while encompassing Southwestern pride and culture for out-of-state visitors. With friendly customer service and opulent amenities, this goal was not only realized, it made Sandia Resort & Casino the best place for entertainment in the state.
The Vegas-style casino floor offers 140,000 square feet of your favorite games, including more than 2,300 slots, Blackjack, Craps, Roulette, Mini Baccarat, Pai Gow Poker, Three Card Poker, Bingo, Live Keno, and the state's largest non-smoking Poker room.
This is only the tip of the iceberg in regards to all that Sandia Casino has to offer. With the addition of the hotel in 2005, and another expansion in 2014 to add the golf pavilion and parking garage, Sandia Resort & Casino slowly became much more than just a place to game.
Visitors from all over the nation can now get lost in the lights and sounds of the casino floor, relax at the luxurious Green Reed Spa, dive into the outdoor pool, tee off on the 18-hole championship golf course, listen to their favorite singer at the amphitheater, dine at any of the numerous restaurants, bars, and lounges, get married to their best friend, and spend the night in one of the grand, luxury suites – all available onsite.
Come say hello to New Mexico’s best place to play – Sandia Resort & Casino!