Slot Technician - Sandia Resort & Casino
Sandia Resort & Casino
Albuquerque, New Mexico 87113
Mar 14, 2019
Jun 30, 2019
Type of Position:
Casino Tables, Slots, Sports, & Online Gaming
The Slot Technician is responsible for the installation, testing, repair and maintenance of gaming machines. Assists Slot Attendants who encounter complex problems and malfunctions while working on the floor. Identify and shut down and remove from service all machines that malfunction and cannot be quickly repaired or that are in need of replacement parts not readily available. Works on and repairs machines removed from the floor to repair areas.
Supervised by the Slot Technician Manager and Slot Tech Assistant Manager.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for maintenance, repairs installs and general operation condition of slot machines, electronic boards, bill acceptors on the casino floor.
- Perform assigned slot department activities in accordance with the policies and procedures prescribed in the Sandia Casino System of Internal Controls.
- Act as host and answer customer concerns questions and investigate and resolve customer complaints.
- Troubleshoot slot machines and operating accounting system.
- Perform RAM clears and option slot machines.
- Install, remove, convert and swap slot machines when needed.
- Maintain good working relations through all channels of supervisors and employees.
- Adheres to Title 31 procedures.
- Maintains accurate inventory of slot machines and spare parts.
- Performs related additional duties and responsibilities as necessary or assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to work effectively with casino staff.
- Knowledge of all slot and gaming equipment.
- Ability to work under extreme pressure and levels of stress.
- Ability to use a 2 way radio.
- Ability to check last games and last bills on several different manufacturers of slot machines.
- Ability to exhibit a strong motivational commitment to the organization.
- Ability to follow instruction given by supervisors.
- Ability to work with mechanical equipment.
- Must be able to read, write and speak English fluently.
GAMING INDUSTRY EXPERIENCE IS PREFERRED
Minimum Qualifications, Education and Experience
- High School Diploma, GED certification or equivalent.
- One (1) year Slot Technician experience or a combination of education and electronics repair totaling two (2) years.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain the required Gaming License.
- Will require a post-offer, pre-employment and random drug screening.
- Work is performed indoors.
- Work hours subject to change with overtime required.
- Must be able to work long hours under stressful conditions.
- Subject to hazards which may cause personal bodily harm; smoke, common colds, influenza, dust, odors, and elevated noise levels.
- Tasks maybe performed on uneven, inclined, hard and soft carpeted floors, cement structures and surfaces.
- Duties may involve walking, standing for long periods of time, sitting and crouching.
- Specific required movements include the following:
- Trunk-bend, twist, rotate, push, pull, and carry.
- Arms-reach, carry, push, pull, lift, twist, and rotate.
- Legs-lift, push, pull, twist, and rotate.
- Hands-grasp, manipulate, bilateral coordination, eye and hand coordination, overall and finger dexterity.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
Salary Range: $20.03 – $27.04 Per Hour
Applicants must already be authorized to work in the US and must be able to obtain and maintain a casino license in the state of New Mexico.
In order to be considered for this position, please click on the Apply Now button and you will be redirected to our Company Employment Application, which must be completed and submitted.
The Sandia Resort and Casino is situated on the Northeast corner of Interstate 25 and Tramway Road in Albuquerque, New Mexico. Since it first opened in 1994, The Sandia Resort and Casino has undergone extensive developments to its property to provide a truly all-inclusive and luxurious experience for visitors.
Owned and operated by the Pueblo of Sandia, it was the very first Indian casino in New Mexico at its opening. Now there are approximately 25 tribal casinos in the state, including Sandia.
The goal was to create an upscale experience that was close to home for New Mexicans, while encompassing Southwestern pride and culture for out-of-state visitors. With friendly customer service and opulent amenities, this goal was not only realized, it made Sandia Resort & Casino the best place for entertainment in the state.
The Vegas-style casino floor offers 140,000 square feet of your favorite games, including more than 2,300 slots, Blackjack, Craps, Roulette, Mini Baccarat, Pai Gow Poker, Three Card Poker, Bingo, Live Keno, and the state's largest non-smoking Poker room.
This is only the tip of the iceberg in regards to all that Sandia Casino has to offer. With the addition of the hotel in 2005, and another expansion in 2014 to add the golf pavilion and parking garage, Sandia Resort & Casino slowly became much more than just a place to game.
Visitors from all over the nation can now get lost in the lights and sounds of the casino floor, relax at the luxurious Green Reed Spa, dive into the outdoor pool, tee off on the 18-hole championship golf course, listen to their favorite singer at the amphitheater, dine at any of the numerous restaurants, bars, and lounges, get married to their best friend, and spend the night in one of the grand, luxury suites – all available onsite.
Come say hello to New Mexico’s best place to play – Sandia Resort & Casino!