Security Officer - Sandia Resort & Casino
Sandia Resort & Casino
Albuquerque, New Mexico 87113
Apr 27, 2019
Jun 30, 2019
Type of Position:
Responsible for maintaining a safe and secure environment for all patrons, associates, and company assets to fulfill the goals and objectives of the Security Department, Sandia Resort and Casino and the Pueblo of Sandia.
Under direct supervision while working with the Security Lieutenant, and Security Sergeant.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides customer service and assistance to patrons and employees of the casino and to members of the Pueblo of Sandia/Sandia Resort and Casino.
- Provides for the safety and security of Pueblo and casino monetary and material assets.
- Provides for the safety and security of employees, patrons, buildings, grounds and any and all property belonging to Sandia Resort and Casino and its patrons.
- Responsible for deterring theft, criminal activity, vandalism, fire and illegal entry using procedures prescribed by the Chief of Security.
- Responsible for performing foot or mobile patrol of buildings, grounds and other designated areas, indoors and outdoors, on a flexible schedule as directed by supervisory personnel.
- Responsible for identifying and reporting equipment failures, broken fixtures, medical emergencies and any other irregularities noted during assigned shift.
- On request, or by direction, provides security escort services for patrons to and from their vehicles.
- When directed, provides security escort services for money transfers throughout the casino complex.
- Provides witness and money verification services when directed.
- Reports and assists in medical emergency situations as required or directed.
- Responsible for attending prescribed training when scheduled.
- If directed and deemed necessary, testifies in a court of law.
- Documents incident reports and customer injuries.
- Performs duties in accordance with the Standard and Emergency Operating Procedures of the Security Department.
Secondary Duties and Responsibilities
Perform additional duties and responsibilities as required or assigned including assignments in the Security Dispatch Center.
- Monitors security, facilities, slots and transportation radios.
- Dispatches officers and casino departments to requested areas.
- Answers telephones, taking messages from officers calling in sick/late.
- Makes emergency calls according to emergency situations in or around the casino.
- Lost & found - keeping track of all lost and found items for the end of the month inventory, which is also taken care of by dispatch.
- Files everyday paperwork turned in by officers at the end of their designated shift.
- Taking requests for transportation pick-ups when requested by the Transportation Department.
- Key Control: Distributing keys to officers as well as other departments.
- Distributes radio units and flashlights. Maintains radio equipment in working order.
- Performs clerical duties.
- Relieves Administration support unit when necessary.
- Performs data entry of security radio transmissions inside and outside the casino.
- Performs additional duties and responsibilities as necessary, or assigned.
- Report writing when required.
- Responsible for notifying chain of command when emergencies occur.
- Issues temporary identifications for employees.
- Monitors Security Surveillance cameras.
- Responsible for keeping necessary log sheets available for officers.
- Issues report numbers for security department, always keeping track of information required for reports.
- Performs errands for Lieutenants, Sergeants, and upper management when necessary.
- Responsible for providing other departments with necessary information.
- Types memos when requested by upper management.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to maintain a courteous and professional attitude when interacting with customers, employees and members of the Pueblo of Sandia.
- Ability to investigate accidents and prepare written, legible accident/incident reports for submission to supervisory and management personnel.
- Ability to acquire and maintain certification in Basic First Aid, CPR and Alcohol Server Certification through training provided by Sandia Resort and Casino.
- Ability and willingness to work under direct supervision for extended periods of time which could include odd and unusual hours, flexible shift rotation and weekends.
- Ability to work effectively within the guidelines set forth in the Pueblo of Sandia Employee Handbook and Security Department Standard and Emergency Operating Procedures.
- Ability and willingness to maintain personal vehicle licensing and insurance requirements.
- Ability and willingness to operate official vehicles in a safe and law-abiding manner when so assigned.
- Ability to communicate accurately and effectively using radios, telephones and computers.
- Ability to carry out directives and requests in a consistently professional manner.
- Ability to perform the physical requirements stipulated for a security officer employed at Sandia Casino.
Minimum Qualifications, Education and Experience
- High School Diploma, GED certification or equivalent.
- Six (6) months experience in a customer oriented environment wherein the prospective employee had to interact with customers and employees on a daily basis in solving issues and providing prompt and courteous services.
- Must possess and maintain a valid, unrestricted New Mexico Driver's License.
- Six (6) months security experience, preferably in an Indian Gaming Facility environment.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain the required Gaming License.
- Will require a post-offer, pre-employment and random drug screening.
Salary Range: $12.01 – $15.02 Per Hour
Applicants must already be authorized to work in the US and must be able to obtain and maintain a casino license in the state of New Mexico.
In order to be considered for this position, please click on the Apply Now button and you will be redirected to our Company Employment Application, which must be completed and submitted.
The Sandia Resort and Casino is situated on the Northeast corner of Interstate 25 and Tramway Road in Albuquerque, New Mexico. Since it first opened in 1994, The Sandia Resort and Casino has undergone extensive developments to its property to provide a truly all-inclusive and luxurious experience for visitors.
Owned and operated by the Pueblo of Sandia, it was the very first Indian casino in New Mexico at its opening. Now there are approximately 25 tribal casinos in the state, including Sandia.
The goal was to create an upscale experience that was close to home for New Mexicans, while encompassing Southwestern pride and culture for out-of-state visitors. With friendly customer service and opulent amenities, this goal was not only realized, it made Sandia Resort & Casino the best place for entertainment in the state.
The Vegas-style casino floor offers 140,000 square feet of your favorite games, including more than 2,300 slots, Blackjack, Craps, Roulette, Mini Baccarat, Pai Gow Poker, Three Card Poker, Bingo, Live Keno, and the state's largest non-smoking Poker room.
This is only the tip of the iceberg in regards to all that Sandia Casino has to offer. With the addition of the hotel in 2005, and another expansion in 2014 to add the golf pavilion and parking garage, Sandia Resort & Casino slowly became much more than just a place to game.
Visitors from all over the nation can now get lost in the lights and sounds of the casino floor, relax at the luxurious Green Reed Spa, dive into the outdoor pool, tee off on the 18-hole championship golf course, listen to their favorite singer at the amphitheater, dine at any of the numerous restaurants, bars, and lounges, get married to their best friend, and spend the night in one of the grand, luxury suites – all available onsite.
Come say hello to New Mexico’s best place to play – Sandia Resort & Casino!