Public Areas Attendant - Sandia Resort & Casino
Public Areas Attendant
Sandia Resort & Casino
Albuquerque, New Mexico 87113
May 04, 2021
Jul 23, 2021
Type of Position:
Under direct supervision of the Public Areas Supervisor and functional supervision of the Public Areas Lead. Perform the overall custodial functions and cleanliness of the Casino and related facilities, including heavy cleaning, in accordance with management directives.
Under the direct supervision of the Public Areas Supervisor and Public Areas Lead.
The Custodian has no supervisory authority.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Under supervision performs custodial duties: dusting, vacuuming, and trash disposal, restroom cleaning; cleaning of windows, mirrors, walls, doors, and carpet cleaning.
- Under supervision, performs cleaning of Bingo Hall, Slot Machines, and other furnishings.
- Complies with Housekeeping Department standard operating procedures.
- Under an emergency evacuation and fire, evacuates the building or voluntarily assists the Security Department in emergency evacuation procedures.
- Moving or lifting furniture and boxes.
- Cleans ceiling fixtures, through the proper and safe use of a ladder.
- Utilizes high lift for custodial tasks when required.
- Responsible for preventive maintenance of custodial equipment, and cleaning of equipment.
- Reports equipment repair requirements to supervisor.
- Trash disposal as required.
- Recycles used boxes as required.
- Serves as mentor when assigned to train a new custodial employee during the probationary period using the buddy system.
- Able to provide a positive, high level guest experience in guest interactions and issue resolution(s)
- Performs additional duties and responsibilities as necessary or assigned.
Secondary Duties and Responsibilities
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to work with others.
- Ability to operate heavy cleaning tools used in the performance of custodial work.
- Ability to prepare custodial heavy cleaning reports.
- Knowledge of general safety rules, requirements, procedures, and reporting requirements.
- Ability to communicate effectively and maintain good public and employee relations.
Minimum Qualifications, Education and Experience
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- High School Diploma, GED certification or equivalent.
- Custodial experience.
- Must be able to successfully pass a stringent background investigation.
- Will require a post-offer, pre-employment and random drug screening.
- Duties are performed indoors with certain outdoor activity as required. Outdoor duties are subject to temperature extremes and inclement weather.
- Subject to potential hazards such as cleaning solvents and cleaning compounds.
- Subject to potential hazards such as heights, motorized equipment, and hand tools.
- Additional potential hazards include exposure to infections, diseases, fumes, odors, dust, mist, and gases.
- Duties may involve walking, climbing, crawling, standing for long periods of time, sitting, crouching, kneeling, running, and the ability to assume prone position.
- Work hours subject to change with overtime work required as approved by management.
- Must be able to work long hours under stressful conditions.
- Ability to lift a minimum of 50 lbs.
- Specific physical body movements require the following:
- Trunk-bend, twists, rotate, push, pull, carry
- Arms-reach, carries, push, pull twists, rotate
- Legs-lift, push, pull, twists, rotate, balance
- Hands-grasp, manipulate, bilateral coordination, overall and finger dexterity
- Eye and hand coordination.
Salary Range: $11.14 – $12.84 Per Hour
Applicants must already be authorized to work in the US and must be able to obtain and maintain a casino license in the state of New Mexico.
Sandia Resort and Casino
30 Rainbow Road NE
Albuquerque, NM 87113
Phone: (800) 526-9366
The Sandia Resort and Casino is situated on the Northeast corner of Interstate 25 and Tramway Road in Albuquerque, New Mexico. Since it first opened in 1994, The Sandia Resort and Casino has undergone extensive developments to its property to provide a truly all-inclusive and luxurious experience for visitors.
Owned and operated by the Pueblo of Sandia, it was the very first Indian casino in New Mexico at its opening. Now there are approximately 25 tribal casinos in the state, including Sandia.
The goal was to create an upscale experience that was close to home for New Mexicans, while encompassing Southwestern pride and culture for out-of-state visitors. With friendly customer service and opulent amenities, this goal was not only realized, it made Sandia Resort & Casino the best place for entertainment in the state.
The Vegas-style casino floor offers 140,000 square feet of your favorite games, including more than 2,300 slots, Blackjack, Craps, Roulette, Mini Baccarat, Pai Gow Poker, Three Card Poker, Bingo, Live Keno, and the state's largest non-smoking Poker room.
This is only the tip of the iceberg in regards to all that Sandia Casino has to offer. With the addition of the hotel in 2005, and another expansion in 2014 to add the golf pavilion and parking garage, Sandia Resort & Casino slowly became much more than just a place to game.
Visitors from all over the nation can now get lost in the lights and sounds of the casino floor, relax at the luxurious Green Reed Spa, dive into the outdoor pool, tee off on the 18-hole championship golf course, listen to their favorite singer at the amphitheater, dine at any of the numerous restaurants, bars, and lounges, get married to their best friend, and spend the night in one of the grand, luxury suites – all available onsite.
Come say hello to New Mexico’s best place to play – Sandia Resort & Casino!