Dishwasher - Sandia Resort & Casino
Sandia Resort & Casino
Albuquerque, New Mexico 87113
May 17, 2019
Jun 30, 2019
Type of Position:
Food and Beverage
Under general supervision, perform activities in support of all food and beverage outlets.
Supervised by the Lead Steward.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Wash pots, pans and utensils.
- Placement of washed items in their proper storage areas, upside down or in covered containers using safe ware washing techniques.
- Maintain cleanliness of dishwashing machine and receptacle underneath.
- Sweep and mop food storage area, kitchen and concession area floors as needed.
- Clean outside grease bin daily.
- Refill dishwasher chemical as needed.
- Clean storage racks as needed.
- Participation in daily stand-up meetings to ensure that property information is understood.
- Timely completion of computer assisted training.
- Clean plastic drapes on outside door and walk-in refrigerator door as needed.
- Empty trash containers, thoroughly wash and replace liners.
- Remove trash items to the portable dump cart then transport to the large dump receptacle.
- Clean and thoroughly wash the fry and steam kettles as needed.
- Assist in properly arranging food and dry storage items.
- Utilize safe ware washing and lifting techniques at all times.
- Comply with property appearance standards at all times.
- Performs additional duties and responsibilities as necessary or assigned.
Secondary Duties and Responsibilities
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to follow instructions.
- Exhibiting a strong commitment to the organization.
- Knowledge of buffet line requirements.
- Knowledge of minimum temperature requirements for food/drink preservation.
- Knowledge of Tribal, Federal, State and local sanitary regulations regarding the preparation, maintenance, storage and sales of food/drink products.
Minimum Qualifications, Education and Experience
- High school diploma or GED Certification preferred.
- Experience in restaurant or food service capacity highly desirable.
- Must complete New Mexico Indian Health Food Handlers course.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
Must be able to successfully pass a Background Investigation.
Salary Range: $10.22 Per Hour
Applicants must already be authorized to work in the US and must be able to obtain and maintain a casino license in the state of New Mexico.
In order to be considered for this position, please click on the Apply Now button and you will be redirected to our Company Employment Application, which must be completed and submitted.
The Sandia Resort and Casino is situated on the Northeast corner of Interstate 25 and Tramway Road in Albuquerque, New Mexico. Since it first opened in 1994, The Sandia Resort and Casino has undergone extensive developments to its property to provide a truly all-inclusive and luxurious experience for visitors.
Owned and operated by the Pueblo of Sandia, it was the very first Indian casino in New Mexico at its opening. Now there are approximately 25 tribal casinos in the state, including Sandia.
The goal was to create an upscale experience that was close to home for New Mexicans, while encompassing Southwestern pride and culture for out-of-state visitors. With friendly customer service and opulent amenities, this goal was not only realized, it made Sandia Resort & Casino the best place for entertainment in the state.
The Vegas-style casino floor offers 140,000 square feet of your favorite games, including more than 2,300 slots, Blackjack, Craps, Roulette, Mini Baccarat, Pai Gow Poker, Three Card Poker, Bingo, Live Keno, and the state's largest non-smoking Poker room.
This is only the tip of the iceberg in regards to all that Sandia Casino has to offer. With the addition of the hotel in 2005, and another expansion in 2014 to add the golf pavilion and parking garage, Sandia Resort & Casino slowly became much more than just a place to game.
Visitors from all over the nation can now get lost in the lights and sounds of the casino floor, relax at the luxurious Green Reed Spa, dive into the outdoor pool, tee off on the 18-hole championship golf course, listen to their favorite singer at the amphitheater, dine at any of the numerous restaurants, bars, and lounges, get married to their best friend, and spend the night in one of the grand, luxury suites – all available onsite.
Come say hello to New Mexico’s best place to play – Sandia Resort & Casino!