Council Room Server - Sandia Resort & Casino
Council Room Server
Sandia Resort & Casino
Albuquerque, New Mexico 87113
Aug 04, 2021
Nov 26, 2021
Type of Position:
Food and Beverage
Under general supervision, performs Food and Beverage activities in support of one of the restaurants in accordance with the respective outlets service guidelines.
Supervised by the Restaurant Supervisor and/or Managers.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides excellent customer service and establishes guest perception of restaurant service as that of exceptional hospitality and friendliness at all times.
- Ensures that all guests are acknowledged with a sincere welcome within 2 minutes of guest being sat.
- Responsible for suggestive selling at all interaction points during the meal service.
- Must maintain thorough knowledge of property information regarding restaurants, entertainment, lounges, Marketing promotions, upcoming events as well as local points of interest.
- Ensures that orders are taken accurately and input into point of sales system.
- Responsible for all opening and closing side work duties as assigned by management.
- Participates in Daily Stand Up Meetings to ensure property information is understood.
- Timely completion of computer assisted learning as required.
- Accordance with property appearance standards at all times.
- Consistent satisfaction checks to guests with two minutes of entrees being delivered to ensure satisfaction.
- Responsible for on going maintenance of tables during the course of service to ensue that all unused china, glass and silver is removed from the table.
- Ensures that health and safety regulations are maintained at all times.
- Communication with Supervisors and/or Managers regarding guest issues that are in need of addressing.
- Performs additional duties and responsibilities as necessary or assigned.
Secondary Duties and Responsibilities
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to follow instructions.
- Exhibiting a strong commitment to the organization.
- Ability to deal effectively with the general public and casino staff.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Maintain the highest standard of personal hygiene.
- Ability to pass a basic math test.
- Ability to perform basic arithmetic calculations.
- Knowledge of minimum temperature requirements for food/drink preservation.
- Knowledge of Tribal, Federal, State and local sanitary regulations regarding the preparation, maintenance, storage and sales of food/drink products.
Minimum Qualifications, Education and Experience
- One (1) year experience as a waiter/waitress in a restaurant or food service establishment.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- High School Diploma, GED certification or equivalent.
- Must be able to successfully pass a stringent background investigation.
- Will require a post-offer, pre-employment and random drug screening.
- Must successfully complete the New Mexico Food Handlers course within 30 days of hire date.
- Must obtain and maintain a New Mexico Alcohol Server’s License within 30 days of hire date.
- Work is performed indoors and outdoors. Outdoor work is subject to extreme temperatures and inclement weather conditions.
- Work hours are subject to change with overtime work required.
- Must be able to have a flexible work schedule to be able to work weekends and holidays if needed.
- Subject to hazards, which may cause personal bodily harm; smoke, common colds, influenza, dust, odors and elevated noise levels.
- Tasks may be performed on uneven, inclined, hard and soft-carpeted floors, outdoor surfaces, cement structures and surfaces.
- Duties may involve walking, standing for long periods of time, sitting and crouching.
- Specifically required movements include the following:
- Trunk - bend, twist, rotate, push, pull, carry
- Arms – reach, carry, lift, twist, and rotate
- Legs – lift, push, pull, twist, and rotate
- Hands – Grasp, manipulate bilateral coordination, hand and eye coordination, and overall and finger dexterity.
- Must be able to lift at least 25 lbs.
Salary Range: $4.77 – $5.96 Per Hour + Tips
Applicants must already be authorized to work in the US and must be able to obtain and maintain a casino license in the state of New Mexico.
Sandia Resort and Casino
30 Rainbow Road NE
Albuquerque, NM 87113
Phone: (800) 526-9366
The Sandia Resort and Casino is situated on the Northeast corner of Interstate 25 and Tramway Road in Albuquerque, New Mexico. Since it first opened in 1994, The Sandia Resort and Casino has undergone extensive developments to its property to provide a truly all-inclusive and luxurious experience for visitors.
Owned and operated by the Pueblo of Sandia, it was the very first Indian casino in New Mexico at its opening. Now there are approximately 25 tribal casinos in the state, including Sandia.
The goal was to create an upscale experience that was close to home for New Mexicans, while encompassing Southwestern pride and culture for out-of-state visitors. With friendly customer service and opulent amenities, this goal was not only realized, it made Sandia Resort & Casino the best place for entertainment in the state.
The Vegas-style casino floor offers 140,000 square feet of your favorite games, including more than 2,300 slots, Blackjack, Craps, Roulette, Mini Baccarat, Pai Gow Poker, Three Card Poker, Bingo, Live Keno, and the state's largest non-smoking Poker room.
In 2021, Sandia Resort and Casino in Albuquerque, New Mexico, expanded its high limit gaming area; added a new Governor's Room, and a state-of-the-art sports bar with Class II gaming and a full menu. It features numerous big-screen TVs and an outside wrap-around deck with views of the Sandia Mountains and the city. The newly constructed entertainment space is about 50,000 square feet.
Sandia also added the Bien Shur Rooftop Restaurant & Lounge and renovated the hotel.
This is only the tip of the iceberg in regards to all that Sandia Casino has to offer. With the addition of the hotel in 2005, and another expansion in 2014 to add the golf pavilion and parking garage, Sandia Resort & Casino slowly became much more than just a place to game.
Visitors from all over the nation can now get lost in the lights and sounds of the casino floor, relax at the luxurious Green Reed Spa, dive into the outdoor pool, tee off on the 18-hole championship golf course, listen to their favorite singer at the amphitheater, dine at any of the numerous restaurants, bars, and lounges, get married to their best friend, and spend the night in one of the grand, luxury suites – all available onsite.
Come say hello to New Mexico’s best place to play – Sandia Resort & Casino!