Cook - Buffet - Sandia Resort & Casino
Cook - Buffet
Sandia Resort & Casino
Albuquerque, New Mexico 87113
Mar 22, 2019
Apr 30, 2019
Type of Position:
Food and Beverage
Under general supervision, perform activities in support of all restaurant operations, food preparation, and presentation.
Supervised by the Sous Chef and First Cook.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Assists in the development and preparation of menus, food set-up, service and cooking.
- Follows prescribed menu in setting up hot and cold food lines, chooses proper utensils and ensures appropriate temperatures for menu items.
- Serves a range of hot and cold food items from counters and steam tables; adds relishes and garnishes according to instructions, ensures that appropriate portions are served.
- Ensures that thermometers are on hand and food temperature requirements are maintained.
- Performs activities to provide cleanliness of the entire kitchen, including walk in refrigerator, freezer and dry storage.
- Maintain the highest standards of personal sanitation.
- Open and / or close as necessary or assigned.
- Attends to day-to-day problems and needs concerning equipment and food supplies, detects and ensures disposition of spoiled or unattractive foods, defective supplies/equipment, and/or other unusual conditions.
- Assist in training personnel.
- Know proper safe handling temperatures.
- Uses safety and latex gloves when appropriate.
- Knows proper food rotation procedures.
- Performs additional duties and responsibilities as necessary or assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to follow instructions.
- Ability to exhibit a strong commitment to the organization.
- Knowledge of buffet line, deli, and fine dining operating requirements.
- Ability to understand and follow safety procedures.
- Knowledge of food preparation and presentation methods, techniques, and quality standards.
- Skill in cooking and preparing a wide variety of food items.
- Knowledge of supplies, equipment, and/or services ordering and inventory control.
- Knowledge of minimum temperature requirements for food and drink preservation.
- Knowledge of Tribal, federal, state, and local sanitary regulations regarding the preparation, maintenance and storage of food and drink products.
Minimum Qualifications, Education and Experience
- One (1) year experience in restaurant or food service capacity.
- High School Diploma, GED certification or equivalent.
- Must be able to successfully pass a stringent background investigation.
- Will require a post-offer, pre-employment and random drug screening.
- Must successfully complete the New Mexico Food Handlers course within 30 days of hire date.
Salary Range: $12.01 – $15.02 Per Hour
Applicants must already be authorized to work in the US and must be able to obtain and maintain a casino license in the state of New Mexico.
In order to be considered for this position, please click on the Apply Now button and you will be redirected to our Company Employment Application, which must be completed and submitted.
The Sandia Resort and Casino is situated on the Northeast corner of Interstate 25 and Tramway Road in Albuquerque, New Mexico. Since it first opened in 1994, The Sandia Resort and Casino has undergone extensive developments to its property to provide a truly all-inclusive and luxurious experience for visitors.
Owned and operated by the Pueblo of Sandia, it was the very first Indian casino in New Mexico at its opening. Now there are approximately 25 tribal casinos in the state, including Sandia.
The goal was to create an upscale experience that was close to home for New Mexicans, while encompassing Southwestern pride and culture for out-of-state visitors. With friendly customer service and opulent amenities, this goal was not only realized, it made Sandia Resort & Casino the best place for entertainment in the state.
The Vegas-style casino floor offers 140,000 square feet of your favorite games, including more than 2,300 slots, Blackjack, Craps, Roulette, Mini Baccarat, Pai Gow Poker, Three Card Poker, Bingo, Live Keno, and the state's largest non-smoking Poker room.
This is only the tip of the iceberg in regards to all that Sandia Casino has to offer. With the addition of the hotel in 2005, and another expansion in 2014 to add the golf pavilion and parking garage, Sandia Resort & Casino slowly became much more than just a place to game.
Visitors from all over the nation can now get lost in the lights and sounds of the casino floor, relax at the luxurious Green Reed Spa, dive into the outdoor pool, tee off on the 18-hole championship golf course, listen to their favorite singer at the amphitheater, dine at any of the numerous restaurants, bars, and lounges, get married to their best friend, and spend the night in one of the grand, luxury suites – all available onsite.
Come say hello to New Mexico’s best place to play – Sandia Resort & Casino!