Bartender - Council Room - Sandia Resort & Casino
Bartender - Council Room
Sandia Resort & Casino
Albuquerque, New Mexico 87113
Feb 17, 2019
Apr 30, 2019
Type of Position:
Food and Beverage
Provides fast, friendly, professional beverage service to banquet guests and beverage servers
The Bartender is supervised by the Lead Bartender, Restaurant Supervisor, or Restaurant Manager.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Greets and welcomes all guests in a pleasant and professional manner.
- Prepares and pours drink orders with proper portions and ingredients according to recipe, communicates with beverage servers, and presents drinks to guests or servers as required.
- Slices and pits fruit for garnishing drinks.
- Operates and maintains all equipment and utensils as required in accordance with established guidelines and safety procedures.
- Maintains a clean and stocked workstation in accordance with established health and safety guidelines.
- Operates POS System, ringing proper amount into the register and giving the guest or server the correct change; accounts for all cash, charge and complimentary sales according to established procedure; maintains integrity of all financial controls and responsibilities.
- Monitors guest consumption of alcohol and intervenes as needed according to guidelines.
- Responsible for clean up of bar, removal or portable bar back to bar storage area, return of unused liquor, advising Banquet Captain of items needed to be restocked/ordered, and all closing bar paperwork as required.
- Responsible for contacting Banquet Captain or Convention Center Manger to authorize all register voids.
- Responsible for greeting guests and offering professional and friendly service.
- May order liquors and supplies.
- Participates in daily stand up meetings.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Excellent customer service/communication skills.
- The Ability to count money and change correctly.
- Knowledge of cocktail ingredients and proper mixing and pouring techniques.
- Ability to follow written and oral directions.
Minimum Qualifications, Education and Experience
- High School Diploma, GED certification or equivalent.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- One (1) year of bartending experience.
- Must be able to successfully pass a stringent background investigation.
- Must obtain and maintain a New Mexico Alcohol Server’s License within 30 days of hire date.
- Will require a post-offer, pre-employment and random drug screening.
Salary Range: $6.58 – $8.23 Per Hour + Tips
Applicants must already be authorized to work in the US and must be able to obtain and maintain a casino license in the state of New Mexico.
In order to be considered for this position, please click on the Apply Now button and you will be redirected to our Company Employment Application, which must be completed and submitted.
The Sandia Resort and Casino is situated on the Northeast corner of Interstate 25 and Tramway Road in Albuquerque, New Mexico. Since it first opened in 1994, The Sandia Resort and Casino has undergone extensive developments to its property to provide a truly all-inclusive and luxurious experience for visitors.
Owned and operated by the Pueblo of Sandia, it was the very first Indian casino in New Mexico at its opening. Now there are approximately 25 tribal casinos in the state, including Sandia.
The goal was to create an upscale experience that was close to home for New Mexicans, while encompassing Southwestern pride and culture for out-of-state visitors. With friendly customer service and opulent amenities, this goal was not only realized, it made Sandia Resort & Casino the best place for entertainment in the state.
The Vegas-style casino floor offers 140,000 square feet of your favorite games, including more than 2,300 slots, Blackjack, Craps, Roulette, Mini Baccarat, Pai Gow Poker, Three Card Poker, Bingo, Live Keno, and the state's largest non-smoking Poker room.
This is only the tip of the iceberg in regards to all that Sandia Casino has to offer. With the addition of the hotel in 2005, and another expansion in 2014 to add the golf pavilion and parking garage, Sandia Resort & Casino slowly became much more than just a place to game.
Visitors from all over the nation can now get lost in the lights and sounds of the casino floor, relax at the luxurious Green Reed Spa, dive into the outdoor pool, tee off on the 18-hole championship golf course, listen to their favorite singer at the amphitheater, dine at any of the numerous restaurants, bars, and lounges, get married to their best friend, and spend the night in one of the grand, luxury suites – all available onsite.
Come say hello to New Mexico’s best place to play – Sandia Resort & Casino!