Bistro Busser - Fantasy Springs Resort Casino
Fantasy Springs Resort Casino
Indio, California 92203
May 01, 2021
Jan 08, 2022
Type of Position:
Food and Beverage
A Bus Person for the Bistro is expected to deliver truly great service, and to create a warm and friendly atmosphere for our guests. The Bus Person must work well as a team, maintain confidentiality and adhere to company policies and gaming regulations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities Include:
- Provides fast, friendly, professional and responsive customer service to restaurant guests, food servers and restaurant host/hostess.
- Maintains par levels of operating supplies (china, flatware, glassware, and utensils), for each service station obtaining replacement stock from ware wash area and/or warehouse inventory in accordance with procedures.
- Removes dirty dishes, soiled linen, glassware, and flatware from table and counter tops, and transports items to designated areas.
- Reset tables with silverware, linen, napkins, and glassware in accordance with established restaurant table top specifications.
- Assists servers in their duties (e.g., refills water glasses and coffee cups, takes and serves coffee orders, attend to guest needs) as required.
- Wipes counter areas, sinks and floors as required to maintain a clean and safe work station and environment.
- Maintains cleanliness of designated areas as directed in accordance with established health and safety standards.
- Removes and properly disposes of all refuse and debris accumulated in restaurant and service stations in accordance with departmental procedures.
- Resolves service issues according to service standards and procedures.
This position is not limited to those duties listed in the job description. Duties and responsibilities can be changed, expanded, reduced or deleted to meet business needs of the company.
- Must be at least 18 years of age of older.
- Prior customer service in a fast paced environment preferred.
- Read, understand and speak basic English.
- Excellent customer service/communication skills.
- Available to work required schedule which may include weekends, holidays and overtime as needed.
- Must be able to reach above and below the shoulder, grip small items (i.e., flatware, plates, cups, glasses), bend, stoop and twist while carrying restaurant stock to and from supply areas; able to reach across tables; able to stand and walk for up to 6 hours; able to use hand motions when cleaning and wiping table tops and service station areas.
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 50 lbs. (Glass racks, bus tubs with dishes, bins of flatware.
- Must be able to push or pull 100 lbs. (Loaded bus carts, refuse dollies, food carts, tables and chairs).
- Must be able to lift trays with food/plates (40 lbs.) above shoulder level.
Employees working the Casino or Bowling Center may be exposed to second-hand smoke and moderate levels of noise.
- Must be able to tolerate industry standard chemicals used for cleaning and sanitizing.
- Able to tolerate bright lights.
- Able to work at a fast pace in often crowded/noisy environment.
The Company provides its employees with a comprehensive benefits package which includes medical, dental, vision care, life insurance and a 401(k) Retirement Plan. In addition to these benefits you are entitled to paid time off (PTO), an employee assistance program (EAP) and more!
All applicants must be able to demonstrate their US work authorization during the employment verification process.
Please click on the Apply Now button to submit your Casino Careers resume in our database. If you are redirected to our Company Online Application, it must also be completed for you to be considered. If an Email Employer button is visible, it enables you to also submit a resume/cover letter.
Fantasy Springs Resort Casino
Cabazon Band of Mission Indians
84-245 Indio Springs Parkway
Indio, CA 92203-3499
Fax: (760) 238-5621
Fantasy Springs Resort Casino is located on the reservation of the Cabazon Band of Mission Indians in southern California near the city of Indio, 22 miles east of Palm Springs and approximately 130 miles northeast of Los Angeles.
Fantasy Springs Resort Casino offers 2,000 slot and video poker machines, Bingo and 40 table games, which include Blackjack, Mini-Baccarat, California Craps, Jackpot Pai Gow, and Spanish 21.
The Resort offers 250 luxurious rooms with spectacular mountain views. Food and beverage venues include fine dining in The Bistro and casual dining or cocktails in JOY Asian Cuisine, POM, The Fresh Grill Buffet, The Pizza Kitchen, Lique , LIT bar & lounge, and the 12th Floor Cocktail Lounge & Wine Bar.
Guests can enjoy live entertainment from concerts to boxing in the Special Events Center and relax on the Eagle Falls Golf Course, a masterpiece with unique elevations and water features that is open for public play.