Executive Administrative Assistant - Cache Creek Casino Resort
49017 | Gaming Industry Experience Required
Executive Administrative Assistant
Cache Creek Casino Resort
Brooks, California 95606
Sep 14, 2018
Dec 14, 2018
Type of Position:
The Executive Administrative Assistant provides administrative support for the General Manager, and other casino executives as required. In addition to typing, filing and scheduling, performs duties such as financial record keeping, coordination of meetings and conferences, obtaining supplies, coordinating direct mailings, and working on special projects. Answers non-routine correspondence and assembles highly confidential and sensitive information.
Deals with a diverse group of important external callers and visitors as well as internal contacts at all levels of the organization. Independent judgment is required to plan, prioritize and organize diversified workload. Recommends changes in executive office practices and/or procedures.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Directs preparation of records such as notices, minutes and resolutions for monthly Casino Board meetings and weekly Senior Management meetings.
- Keeps official casino records and executes administrative policies determined by or in conjunction with other officials
- Schedules appointments, gives information to callers, takes dictation, composes and types correspondence, and performs other administrative and clerical duties.
- Answers phones for the General Manager. Takes messages or fields/answers all routine and non-routine questions.
- Schedules and organizes activities such as meetings, travel, conferences and department activities.
- Acts as a liaison with other departments and outside agencies, including high-level staff. Handles confidential and non-routine information and explains policies when necessary.
- Types and designs general correspondences, memos, charts, tables, graphs, business plans, etc. Proofreads copy for spelling, grammar and layout, making appropriate changes. Responsible for accuracy and clarity of final copy.
- Monthly coding of COO and other executive’s credit card statements.
- Preparation of expense reports and check requests.
- Office supply orders for Executive Board and other departments as needed.
- Preparation and distribution of confidential monthly Financials.
- Preparation and distribution of confidential monthly Board Books.
- Review, preparation, recording and distribution of all in-kind donations.
- Reviews and forwards all casino contracts to casino lawyers for approval/changes.
- Maintain Finance Conference Room and Executive Board Room calendars.
- Special purchases (ex: flowers, gifts, etc
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
GAMING INDUSTRY EXPERIENCE IS REQUIRED
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily with or without reasonable accommodations. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Education and/or Experience
- Four year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must have a strong knowledge of MS Word and basic knowledge of Excel.
- Must have strong phone skills.
- Must be extremely organized.
Must be at least 21 years of age
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Cache Creek Casino Resort Tribal Gaming License
Physical Demands The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Starting Salary: Negotiable Depending On Experience
In addition to a large variety of diverse positions, we offer:
Medical Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Care Insurance, Life Insurance, Gas Discounts, 401 (k) Savings Plan, Paid Time Off (PTO), Tuition Reimbursement, Free meals in our Employee Dining Room, Weekly Paychecks, Direct Deposit, Employee Discounts, Employee Assistance Program (EAP), Promotion Opportunities
All applicants must be able to demonstrate their US work authorization during the employment verification process.
Click on Apply Now and you will be redirected to our Online Employment Application, which must be completed to be considered for this opportunity.
Cache Creek Casino Resort
P.O. Box 65 Brooks CA, 95606
Web site: www.cachecreek.com
Cache Creek Casino Resort, owned and operated by the Yocha Dehe Wintun Nation, is 40 miles northwest of Sacramento and 80 miles from the San Francisco Bay Area in Brooks, California. It is one of Northern California’s largest casino-resort destinations, featuring over 2,400 slot machines and 122 table games, including a 14-table Poker Room.
The 415,000-square foot property also offers its guests four-diamond, four-star accommodations at its 200-room luxury hotel, conveniently located next to the casino and offering spectacular views of the gorgeous Capay Valley and picturesque hillsides.
Guests enjoy spacious rooms and suites, along with a host of amenities, such as in-room dining, a state-of-the-art health spa, eight restaurants, Club 88 entertainment venue, an outdoor swimming pool & sundeck, world-class entertainment in a 700-seat indoor concert venue, and an 18-hole championship golf course, as well as a hotel conference center.
Cache Creek Casino Resort is currently looking for motivated, enthusiastic and energetic people to work in an exciting and challenging atmosphere with room for growth, training, and education for all of our valued employees.
We have a diverse number of employment opportunities throughout the resort within the casino, food and beverage, hotel, golf course, spa and entertainment departments. In addition to a large variety of diverse positions, we offer:
Vision Care Insurance
401 (k) Savings Plan
Paid Time Off (PTO)
Free meals in our Employee Dining Room
Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Cache Creek offers Yolo Bus pass discounts in addition to our gas discount. We also give even larger gas discounts through our Carpool Incentive Program. If you're interested in working in a fun and exciting environment, please visit us online and complete an application!
Brooks is a great place to live! Click here to read more!