Risk & Safety Manager - L'Auberge Casino & Hotel Baton Rouge
Risk & Safety Manager
L'Auberge Casino & Hotel Baton Rouge
Baton Rouge, Louisiana 70820
Aug 10, 2018
Oct 11, 2018
Type of Position:
The Risk & Safety Manager is responsible for the administration of the reporting, investigation, and settlement of property casualty (work comp/GL) claims. Interfaces and coordinates with TPA and claims adjusters and defense counsel on all litigated claims.
- Forecasts and projects all risk costs and allocations for the property; develops, implements, and trains employee safety programs.
- Oversees employee safety committees and safety awareness/promotion campaigns.
- Ensures that the property is in full compliance with all local, state, and federal (OSHA) Occupational Safety and Health Administration codes and regulations.
- Conducts regular programmed safety inspections for the purpose of hazard identification and fire and life safety audits.
- Coordinates and aligns company risk management strategies with personal and property goals and objectives.
- Understand property objectives, standards, guidelines and budget to achieve effective performance in position.
- Create, implement, deliver and maintain safety programs that will reduce or minimize Property’s exposure to Risk.
- Coordinate casualty claims processing including maintenance of all files, monitoring, auditing, and overseeing third-party administrative claims, setting reserves, file closure and overall services in order to ensure that all claims are administered according to company policy and carrier requirements.
- Liaise between insurance carriers and attorneys to provide information regarding claims, litigation and settlement decisions.
- Participate in litigation; including interrogatories, witness statements, interviews with attorneys and Property Casino personnel, and other required information.
- Attend litigation hearings as a representative of the Property.
- Maintain, analyze and monitors workers’ compensation claims and costs; assure proper completion and distribution of all necessary paperwork for claims, maintain up to date information on the status of workers’ compensation; communicate with all involved parties to ensure effective and efficient administration of each claim.
- Maintain loss history for all bodily injury and property damage claims in order to account for the various categories of deductibles on the property/casualty policies.
- Coordinate all leaseholders, subcontractors, and taxi services to ensure their insurance is in accordance with company policy and that they have current Certificates of Insurance.
- Prepares/presents reports for Management, insurance carriers, Controller, and other key team members at Pinnacle Entertainment, Inc.
- Oversees property’s safety committee to ensure that the committee is achieving value added service goals and reports progress of the committee to the property’s executive team.
- In alignment with company goals, sets property’s annual risk and safety goal and communicates progress towards that goal with all property executives on a monthly basis.
- Conducts comprehensive accident investigations and develops corrective action plans for all incidents and accidents that occur on property.
- Conducts regular and ad-hoc risk management and safety training sessions within all departments.
- Interfaces with occupational health care providers.
- Oversees property’s return to work program.
- Ability to obtain and maintain valid Louisiana gaming license
- Working knowledge of liability claim processing and ability to use considerable independent judgment in decisions that influence overall liability claim processing
- Familiarity with self-insured retention programs and large deductible plans
- Highly Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of and experience creating, implementing, and training safety programs
- Experience interfacing with employees and guests in highly charged environments while maintaining a calm and professional demeanor
- Knowledge of occupational health delivery systems and return to work programs
These skills and abilities are typically acquired through the completion of a Bachelor’s Degree in business management or related field and five years experience in Risk Management or an equivalent combination of formal training, education and experience which demonstrates the ability to perform all of the duties of the position.
All applicants must be able to demonstrate their US work authorization during the employment verification process.
Applicants who click on the "Apply Now" button will be directed to this position on our company Career page. To be considered, you must create your Profile and complete our Employment Application.
L'Auberge Casino & Hotel Baton Rouge
777 L'Auberge Avenue
Baton Rouge, LA 70820
L'Auberge Casino & Hotel Baton Rouge is a premier southern Louisiana destination property offering a fully integrated casino entertainment experience. It is designed to capture the feel of a Southern river lodge and will embrace Louisiana's rich cultural history, food, music and ‘laissez les bon temps rouler’way of life.
The truly unique casino entertainment complex has a single-level, 30,000 square foot gaming floor; 1,500 slot machines; 51 table games, including a poker room; a 12-story hotel with approximately 200 guest rooms and a rooftop pool; three dining outlets; a unique casino bar with breathtaking views of the Mississippi River; 2,400 total parking spaces, including 800 in a covered parking garage; a multi-purpose event center with concert seating for up to 1,400 people or banquet seating for up to 800 people; and outdoor festival grounds with capacity for up to 2,500.