Assistant Beverage Manager - Santa Ana Star Casino Hotel
Assistant Beverage Manager
Santa Ana Star Casino Hotel
Bernalillo, New Mexico 87004
Aug 07, 2018
Oct 01, 2018
Type of Position:
Food and Beverage
The Assistant Beverage Manager is responsible for the daily operation and administration of the beverage service department. Responsible for planning, implementing, and providing of alcohol and non-alcoholic beverage service to guests of a high energy casino.
- Directly supervises, mentors, and trains the Beverage Service Supervisors, Beverage Servers, Cocktail Servers, Bartenders, Stockers and Barbacks.
- Determines the changing needs of the casino and schedule beverage staff to adequately meet those needs.
- Trains and supervises the beverage staff.
- Tracks team member PTO requests, evaluate team member performance and maintain departmental team member files.
- Reports the status of operations, concerns or any standard variances relating to the beverage stations, beverage service personnel, or inventory levels to the Food and Beverage leadership.
- Work alongside the Food and Beverage Manager to ensure operational efficiency within the department.
- Maintains, fully understands and enforces liquor policies and procedures, rules and ordinances.
- Monitor levels of available product both in the beverage stations and the warehouse to ensure adequate inventory to cover casino needs.
- Provide prompt, courteous, and friendly beverage service to all casino guests.
- Address guest and team member concerns and resolves conflicts.
- Maintains a neat, clean, orderly, organized, safe, well-stocked, and comfortable work environment for team members and guests.
- Greet guests and build personal first name relationships.
- Assist in re-stocking beverage service areas with the necessary supplies to meet guest needs.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
GAMING INDUSTRY EXPERIENCE IS PREFERRED
- Preference is given to qualified Santa Ana Tribal members.
- High school diploma/GED.
- At least two years job related experience.
- Completion of advanced degrees in hospitality and restaurant management preferred.
- Bi-lingual and multi-cultural experience preferred.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Pueblo of Santa Ana Gaming and Regulatory Commission key gaming license.
Essential Mental Functions:
The essential mental functions described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Maintains a strict level of confidentiality regarding company information.
- Must have strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Proven ability to provide outstanding customer service.
- Proven ability to handle conflict situations.
- Must have excellent problem solving abilities.
- Must be a detail oriented, organized individual with the ability to multi-task.
- Must be able to work in a fast paced environment.
- Must be able to deal with stressful situations in a professional manner.
- Must be a Team Player.
Essential Physical Functions:
The essential physical functions described here are representative of those that must be met by a team member to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of the position, the team member is frequently required to stand, walk, turn, use hands and fingers to grasp, handle and feel, reach with hands and arms, talk and hear.
- Must be able to lift up to 25 lbs
- Must be able to push 25 lb beverage cart
- Must be able to walk and stand for extended periods of time
- Ability to multi-task in a fast passed, customer oriented environment
- Physical ability to safely perform the essential job functions of the position.
- Computer proficiency with Microsoft Word and Excel software
- Traditional beverage service equipment
- Traditional office equipment
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those a team member encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud. Employee will be exposed to a second-hand smoke-filled environment.
All applicants must be able to demonstrate their US work authorization during the employment verification process.
Santa Ana Star Casino Hotel
54 Jemez Canyon Dam Road
Bernalillo, NM 87004
Santa Ana Star Casino Hotel was the first Indian casino to operate in New Mexico, opening its doors in 1993. Growing from only 64 slot machines, “The Star” features over 1,400 machines independently certified as the “Loosest Slots in New Mexico” by Strictly Slots® Magazine. Video poker games, 26 table games, and live-action poker are also available daily.
Although gamers must be at least 21 years old, the entire family can enjoy other amenities at The Star. Starlight Lanes is a traditional bowling alley with an “out-of-this-world” twist. It contains 36 state-of-the-art lanes available to league members and casual bowlers, alike. The Star is also home to a full-scale restaurant—the Las Vegas-style Feast Buffet, which provides a contemporary Bosque-style atmosphere with live-action food stations.
Located just minutes north of Albuquerque and Rio Rancho, Santa Ana Star Casino Hotel is “New Mexico’s Best Bet!” The Star offers a Vegas-style casino experience with an infusion of New Mexican charm. Reflecting the cultural authenticity and timelessness of the great southwest, it is an easily accessible regional destination for entertainment, excitement, and good, old fashioned value.
We recognize that people are our most important asset.
Our goal is to have every guest leave with a smile.
Santa Ana Star needs people who take pride in a job well done.
Benefits include medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(K), free meal program, credit union, and PTO.
Extensive background investigation and pre-employment drug test required.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer