Cage Shift Supervisor - Live! Casino Hotel Maryland
Cage Shift Supervisor
Live! Casino Hotel Maryland
Hanover, Maryland 21076
Apr 05, 2019
Jun 30, 2019
Type of Position:
Accounting & Finance
SCOPE AND MAIN PURPOSE OF JOB
The Cage Shift Supervisor is accountable and responsible for the operation of the cage department on a shift basis. Supervises all cage, main bank, and chip bank personnel in the performance of their duties to ensure that all guests have an enjoyable gaming experience.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintains working knowledge of Cage operations internal functions, controls and software
- Updates and takes the initiative to convey pertinent information to Team Members regarding policy or scheduling changes
- Ensures efficiency and accurate performance standards are met by maintaining communication with all work areas to verify paperwork and inventory controls (i.e. various bank, cage checks and currency orders)
- Consistently demonstrates outstanding guest service skills and assists team members with questions pertaining to recovering variances, handling guest disputes, counterfeit issues and internal control violations.
- Consistently maintains professional rapport and confidentiality in communicating with other departments as required by procedures (i.e. IT, Security, Surveillance etc.)
- Takes responsibility for making sure Team Members are trained and developed in Cage Operations and monitors business flow to develop efficient training, break and shift schedules.
- Demonstrates an understanding of HR duties to accurately track and record LOA’s, PTO time, early outs and special requests made by team members.
- Assists Cage Shift Manager with any other duties as assigned.
GAMING INDUSTRY EXPERIENCE IS PREFERRED
MENTAL AND PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Ability to analyze and interpret departmental needs and results.
- Ability to read complex documents and understand state and local tax laws, banking codes, gaming laws and regulations.
- Ability to solve complex problems.
- Ability to distinguish between colors
- Ability to perform assigned duties under frequent time pressures in an interruptive environment.
- Broad variety of tasks and deadlines requires an irregular work schedule.
- You will work in an environment where smoking is allowed.
- You will be exposed to alcohol, smoke, bright lights, and noise.
- You will need to walk up and down stairs to the Casino floor.
- You will work in 24/7 high energy casinos with over 300,000 square feet of gaming, hotel and entertainment space.
EDUCATION, TRAINING, AND EXPERIENCE
- One to two years of experience in casino cage operations or banking preferred.
- High School diploma or GED equivalent required.
- College degree or some level of secondary education preferred.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain valid gaming license as determined by the Maryland State Lottery and Gaming Commission for the position.
All applicants must be able to demonstrate their US work authorization during the employment verification process.
Live! Casino & Hotel Maryland
Live! Casino & Hotel Maryland is located in the Washington DC/Baltimore corridor at Arundel Mills. Open 24/7, the $500+ million Maryland Live! Casino is one of the largest commercial casinos in the country. The property features more than 200 live action table games, including a Poker Room; approximately 4,000 slot machines, two High Limit rooms, and the Orchid Gaming & Smoking Patio.
Guests can enjoy five-star accommodations including The Live! Lofts boutique hotel, located just minutes from the Casino. The Live! features 250 guest rooms and suites, and approximately 3,400-square-feet of meeting and banquet space.
A variety of irresistible dining options include the Zagat-rated #1 steakhouse The Prime Rib®; David’s, featuring global cuisine; Bobby’s Burger Palace, from celebrated chef Bobby Flay; The Cheesecake Factory®; Luk Fu and 8 at Luk Fu, serving authentic sushi and Asian cuisine; Morty’s Deli; Latin cuisine at En Vivo; Phillips® Seafood Express; and Luckies, offering Starbucks coffee, pastries, and Italian gelato; and a sizzling nightlife, including nightly entertainment at Live! Center Stage; the R Bar; and The Lobby Bar at David’s.
Other first-class amenities include the Shop Live! retail store; a bus lounge, and a secure covered 5,000-space parking garage with valet service, free self-parking and direct elevator access to the casino floor. Maryland Live! Casino is owned and operated by an affiliate of The Cordish Companies.
A 4,000-seat Event Center, opening in two phases, features 40,000-square-feet of meeting and banquet space, and a performance venue with a regular lineup of headline entertainment completes the Live! experience.
We offer competitive salaries, generous benefits and unlimited career potential. Our benefits are effective on the first of the month following 60-days of employment.