Lead Drop and Count Team Member - Live! Casino Hotel Maryland
Lead Drop and Count Team Member
Live! Casino Hotel Maryland
Hanover, Maryland 21076
Apr 05, 2019
Jun 30, 2019
Type of Position:
Accounting & Finance
Maintain a clean, safe, fast, friendly, and fun environment for all guests, team members and company assets. The focus shall always be on ensuring a safe and comfortable environment while maintaining a positive can do attitude with an emphasis on the highest level of guest service for both external and internal guests to Live! Casino & Hotel.
- CLEAN- Must make the property shine and look impeccable while maintaining a neat, CLEAN and crisp personal appearance.
- SAFE- Must make guests feel SAFE and comfortable through creating a worry-free, carefree experience.
- FAST- Provide FAST and efficient service with accuracy. Meet service time requirements and anticipate guest needs.
- FRIENDLY- Greet guest with FRIENDLY welcomes, making eye contact and smiling. Use H.E.A.R.T. steps to ease guests concerns. Say thank you to departing guests.
- FUN- Work passionately as a team to create a FUN experience both for everyone who works and plays here.
PURPOSE OF JOB
The Lead Drop and Count team member is responsible for assisting the Drop and Count Supervisor in ensuring the collection of all drop boxes from the gaming floor; placing the drop boxes on the designated cart, securing the cart for transport from the casino floor to the count room. Also, in the same workday, The Lead is responsible for ensuring the counting all the currency, coin, tickets, and coupons from each drop box. Proceeds from other casino or food & beverage department activities may also be counted, such as food and beverage cash turn in and employee tip turn ins.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for assisting in the efficient overall operation of the drop and count staff.
- Assure that gaming devices drop and count room procedures are followed in compliance with gaming regulations.
- Completion of financial reports, paper work, and security of information internally.
- Assist in monitoring and adjusting staffing levels to maintain budgeted levels of employment.
- Delegate authority and assign responsibilities.
- Assist in developing of staff, to include training, interviews for hires, and performance management to include disciplinary counseling and conducting performance evaluation.
- Supervises processes and procedures to reduce loss time injuries.
- Review drop and count room activities with the Drop and Count Supervisor.
- Meet with departmental supervisors and managers as necessary.
- Other duties as assigned.
GAMING INDUSTRY EXPERIENCE IS PREFERRED
- GED or High School diploma.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a valid gaming license as determined by the Maryland Lottery and Gaming Control Agency.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND ABILITIES
- Extremely dependable.
- Ability to work early mornings and extended hours when required.
- Ability to work weekends and holidays
- Ability to perform repetitive tasks according to policy (drop collection and counting) for long periods of time
- Ability to learn and effectively utilize computerized, mechanized counting equipment
- Ability to read and understand basic instructions.
- Ability to understand basic math.
- Ability to speak and hear clearly.
- Ability to use wrapping machines, conveyors, weigh scales and scanner.
- Ability to perform assigned duties under frequent time pressures.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality relative to financial data, policies, procedures and casino operations.
- Must be able to lift at least 50 pounds.
- Must be able to push/pull at least 100 pounds.
- Must be able to stand and walk for long periods of time.
- Must be able to walk up and down stairs.
All applicants must be able to demonstrate their US work authorization during the employment verification process.
Live! Casino & Hotel Maryland
Live! Casino & Hotel Maryland is located in the Washington DC/Baltimore corridor at Arundel Mills. Open 24/7, the $500+ million Maryland Live! Casino is one of the largest commercial casinos in the country. The property features more than 200 live action table games, including a Poker Room; approximately 4,000 slot machines, two High Limit rooms, and the Orchid Gaming & Smoking Patio.
Guests can enjoy five-star accommodations including The Live! Lofts boutique hotel, located just minutes from the Casino. The Live! features 250 guest rooms and suites, and approximately 3,400-square-feet of meeting and banquet space.
A variety of irresistible dining options include the Zagat-rated #1 steakhouse The Prime Rib®; David’s, featuring global cuisine; Bobby’s Burger Palace, from celebrated chef Bobby Flay; The Cheesecake Factory®; Luk Fu and 8 at Luk Fu, serving authentic sushi and Asian cuisine; Morty’s Deli; Latin cuisine at En Vivo; Phillips® Seafood Express; and Luckies, offering Starbucks coffee, pastries, and Italian gelato; and a sizzling nightlife, including nightly entertainment at Live! Center Stage; the R Bar; and The Lobby Bar at David’s.
Other first-class amenities include the Shop Live! retail store; a bus lounge, and a secure covered 5,000-space parking garage with valet service, free self-parking and direct elevator access to the casino floor. Maryland Live! Casino is owned and operated by an affiliate of The Cordish Companies.
A 4,000-seat Event Center, opening in two phases, features 40,000-square-feet of meeting and banquet space, and a performance venue with a regular lineup of headline entertainment completes the Live! experience.
We offer competitive salaries, generous benefits and unlimited career potential. Our benefits are effective on the first of the month following 60-days of employment.