Cage Cashier - L'Auberge Casino & Hotel Baton Rouge
L'Auberge Casino & Hotel Baton Rouge
Baton Rouge, Louisiana 70820
Aug 10, 2018
Sep 10, 2018
Type of Position:
Accounting & Finance
The Cage Cashier delivers internal and external guest service the Pinnacle Way by ensuring every interaction includes our Six Core Service Standards (Look Sharp, smile & greet the guest. Be friendly, polite & use courteous language.
- Provides especially timely & knowledgeable service; and then some! Always find solutions to guests’ problems. Use the guest’s name when appropriate. Thank the guest and invite him or her back.).
- Respond to the needs of guests, and accurately handle guests’ monetary transactions; has the resiliency to deal with difficult customers.
- Cashes and exchanges currency, checks, money orders, cashier checks, coins, tokens or gaming chips for customers and employees.
- Handle large amounts of money, accounting for total funds received throughout the day and at the end of each day; maintains accountability over a cashier drawer
- Perform numerous telephone functions to and from central credit, other casinos, and departments within L’Auberge Casino
- Open check-cashing cards (requires making credit inquiries)
- Works with high limit customers to ensure they are provided with prompt, courteous and friendly service.
- Performs all duties in a confidential manner.
GAMING INDUSTRY EXPERIENCE IS PREFERRED
- Must be 21 years of age
- Must be able to obtain and maintain valid gaming license
- Demonstrated ability to accurately account for cash transactions
- Demonstrated ability to work successfully with the public
- These skills and abilities are typically acquired through at least 1 year experience directly related to the accountabilities specified.
Gaming License Information:
Welcome to Pinnacle Entertainment, the Best Entertainment Company in the World! You may be required to hold a gaming or non-gaming license with one or more regulatory agencies. As part of the licensing application process you will be required to fully disclose some or all of the following information related to your personal history and background, including supporting documentation. We understand this can be cumbersome, but thank you in advance for taking the time to go through this process. If you have any questions or concerns on if you will be able to obtain the necessary licensing for your role, we advise you not to resign from your current employment until this process is complete.
Gaming licenses are a privilege, not a right, and are issued at the sole discretion of gaming regulators based on their review of a licensee’s gaming application and background information. The following information is required as part of the gaming license application.
- Name, name changes and any aliases/nicknames
- Current and prior addresses for the past ten years
- Employment background for past ten years
- Military service; Must provide a copy of DD214
- Occupational licenses held, offices or businesses owned in any other states
- Disciplinary actions, denial or revocation of any occupational or business licenses
- Marital status, including spouse’s information (including previous marriages)
- Gaming interests - ownership in any gaming business (past or present)
- Financial information – financial liens, judgments, bankruptcies, liquidations, repossessions, collections, garnishments and child support (current, owed or under garnishment)
- Birthmarks, tattoos or distinguishing marks
- Criminal background information – including all arrests, convictions, lawsuits, indictments, testimonies, pardons or disbarments.
Gaming regulators will only issue a gaming license based on the following:
- No pending or active criminal charges
- No felony convictions within the last 10 years; No misdemeanor convictions in the past 5 years
- No convictions related to theft, fraud, illegal gambling or violence (includes misdemeanors)
- Felony convictions beyond 10 years are reviewed on a case by case basis (some states) taking into account the gravity of offense, timing of conviction and job position and role with the company
- No active or ongoing unpaid collections, bankruptcies, repossessions, garnishments, child support, etc.
- Student loans must not be in default status
- $200 for the gaming license. Renews every two years.
- $15 - $50 for three pages to be notarized
- $10 for fingerprints at Louisiana State Police
- $0.35 - $12 for a color photo of yourself (passport size)
Starting Salary: $12.50 Per Hour
All applicants must be able to demonstrate their US work authorization during the employment verification process.
Applicants who click on the "Apply Now" button will be directed to this position on our company Career page. To be considered, you must create your Profile and complete our Employment Application.
L'Auberge Casino & Hotel Baton Rouge
777 L'Auberge Avenue
Baton Rouge, LA 70820
L'Auberge Casino & Hotel Baton Rouge is a premier southern Louisiana destination property offering a fully integrated casino entertainment experience. It is designed to capture the feel of a Southern river lodge and will embrace Louisiana's rich cultural history, food, music and ‘laissez les bon temps rouler’way of life.
The truly unique casino entertainment complex has a single-level, 30,000 square foot gaming floor; 1,500 slot machines; 51 table games, including a poker room; a 12-story hotel with approximately 200 guest rooms and a rooftop pool; three dining outlets; a unique casino bar with breathtaking views of the Mississippi River; 2,400 total parking spaces, including 800 in a covered parking garage; a multi-purpose event center with concert seating for up to 1,400 people or banquet seating for up to 800 people; and outdoor festival grounds with capacity for up to 2,500.