Senior Director of Finance - Churchill Downs Inc.
Senior Director of Finance
Churchill Downs Inc.
Greenville, Mississippi 38701
Jul 05, 2018
Sep 14, 2018
Type of Position:
Accounting & Finance
Harlow's is seeking a dynamic Finance Leader to join our Elite Team here in Greenville, MS the Queen City of the Mississippi Delta. The Senior Director of Finance will be responsible for providing financial planning and analysis (“FP&A”) support to the General Manager and financial leadership of Harlow’s.
Assists Harlow’s management in the development of strategic and operating plans for Harlow’s and organizes the development of the operating budget presentation to Churchill Downs Inc. (CDI) corporate. Works with the Harlow’s business leaders to provide analysis on actual results, develop forecasts, and to develop actions to achieve the forecasts.
- Responsible for leading the accounting, financial reporting, and purchasing processes for Harlow’s
- Leads the development of operational and financial analytics and models used to forecast financial results over the long term
- Leads the operating segment through operating cycles, including
- Monthly analysis of actual results
- Development of monthly forecast updates
- Development of annual operating plan
- Responsible for the organization and completion of the annual race dates application for licensure
- Works with Harlow’s General Manager and leadership to:
- Refine financial and operating statistics to drive consistent performance and accountability
- Review detail departmental financial statements with operational leaders to identify areas of concern, inefficiencies or potential performance enhancements
- Develop capital forecasts and to implement plans to achieve spend capital efficiently and effectively
- Manages external and internal audits
- Performs other related duties as assigned by General Manager and or the Chairman.
- Manages various real estate tax issues including the real estate challenge and real estate tax refund process
- Coordinates various insurance issues with CDI to ensure coverage and minimize risk
- Develops, implements, and monitors controls over accounting, treasury, and cash related processes
- Oversee the controls and logistics of high volume cash management
- Responsible for financial modeling and analysis support of capital management, pricing, sponsorships, and vendor related activities
- Responsible for working with CDI Corporate finance to identify and implement consolidation opportunities to reduce overall finance costs.
- Responsible for working with CDI Corporate purchasing to maximize purchasing efficiencies and volume discounts
- Responsible for working with VP – Corporate FP&A and VP – Investor Relations and Treasury to develop Harlow’s messages for investor meetings (e.g. investor presentation, Q&A)
- Ensures the team is utilizing current accounting standards and state of the art techniques, tools, and technology for accounting, to perform the analysis and to develop plans in the most efficient, timely and effective manner as possible.
- Supervises and directs the day-to-day operations of areas of responsibility through assigned managers and supervisors; counseling, guiding and instructing them in proper performance of their duties.
- Maintains and updated knowledge of Mississippi Gaming Laws/Regulations applicable to areas of responsibility. Works closely with the Mississippi Gaming Commission to address any issues with tax calculation, control weaknesses or overall concerns.
GAMING INDUSTRY EXPERIENCE IS PREFERRED
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance
- Masters, CPA, and / or CFA preferred
- A minimum of 8 years’ experience in financial planning and analysis and / or accounting
- Previous experience with casino accounting, food & beverage operational accounting, hotel accounting and JD Edwards general ledger preferred
- Excellent analytical, financial modeling, problem solving, and strategic thinking skills
- Strong demonstrated management and leadership skills including ability to develop and operationalize strategic plans
- Excellent financial acumen and thorough knowledge of U.S. GAAP
- Detail oriented, professional demeanor, strong organization and project management skills
- Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to interact effectively with senior / executive management
- Excellent verbal and written communication / presentation skills
- Strong work ethic and ability to cultivate working relationships throughout the organization.
- Ability to work evenings and weekends as needed.
Relocation Assistance Negotiable
Positions includes excellent benefits:
Medical, Dental, Vision, Stocks and 401K.
All applicants must be able to demonstrate their US work authorization during the employment verification process.
To Apply: Please click on the Apply Now button. You will be redirected to our career page on which you must complete our online Employment Application.
Churchill Downs Inc.
600 North Hurstbourne Parkway
Louisville, KY 40222
About Churchill Downs Incorporated
Churchill Downs Incorporated (CDI) (NASDAQ: CHDN), headquartered in Louisville, KY, owns and operates the world-renowned Churchill Downs Racetrack, home of the Kentucky Derby and Kentucky Oaks.
CDI also owns a racetrack and casino operations in Miami Gardens, FL; racetrack, casino and video poker operations in New Orleans, LA; racetrack operations in Arlington Heights, IL; a casino resort in Greenville, MS.; a casino hotel in Vicksburg, MS; a casino in Oxford, Maine; and a 50 percent owned joint venture, Miami Valley Gaming and Racing LLC, in Lebanon, OH.
CDI also the country's premier online wagering company, TwinSpires.com; the totalisator company, United Tote; and a collection of racing-related telecommunications and data companies.