Cage & Player Services Supervisor - Derby City Gaming - Churchill Downs Inc.
Cage & Player Services Supervisor - Derby City Gaming
Churchill Downs Inc.
Louisville, Kentucky 40222
Jun 19, 2018
Jul 20, 2018
Type of Position:
Accounting & Finance
Great opportunity! Become part of the Team and Come join Churchill Downs Incorporated in our newest gaming facility - Derby City Gaming! Our Cage & Player Services Supervisor will be responsible for assisting the Cage & Player Services Manager in the successful operation of the Cage.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for supervising the Cage operation and Player Services.
- Responsible for guest service, relations and disputes to assure that our guests have a favorable gaming experience.
- Ensure the safety and security of Team Members and guests. Facilitates, processes and programs to effectively control and reduce loss time injuries.
- Assist in recruitment process including job posting and recruiting metrics.
- Delegates duties and assign responsibilities to staff.
- Completes and processes performance reviews.
- Assist in development of Team Members, conducts interviews, and participates in the selection, hiring, coaching, retention and termination process.
- Review staffing levels to maintain budgeted level of employment. Delegate authority and assign responsibilities.
- Abide by and ensure that all policies and procedures are being followed to safeguard the casino’s assets and funds.
- Review Cage activities and promotions with Cage & Player Services Manager.
- Other duties as assigned.
STANDARDS OF PERFORMANCE
- Management abilities demonstrated in managing the Cage profitability.
- Maintaining a professional working relationship among all personnel.
- Oral and written communication skills.
- Willingness to assume overall responsibility relative to the performance of the department.
GAMING INDUSTRY EXPERIENCE IS PREFERRED
EDUCATION, TRAINING, AND EXPERIENCE
- Two-year degree in a related field or equivalent work experience
- 2-5 years of Supervisory and Cage experience preferred
Strong Customer Service and Cash Handling experience preferred
- Must be able to obtain license to work at facility from regulatory body.
Derby City Gaming, located in Louisville, KY, is a $60 million state-of-the-art historical racing machine facility, slated to open in fall 2018.
The gaming area will open with 600 cutting-edge historical racing machines, a simulcast wagering area and a player's club reward center offering special perks and benefits, including an exclusive parking area for VIP players.
Food & Beverage venues will include two quick-service eateries, as well as a bar with seating for 50. Large format televisions will enable guests to take in all the best sporting action year-round.
All applicants must be able to demonstrate their US work authorization during the employment verification process.
To Apply: Please click on the Apply Now button. You will be redirected to our career page on which you must complete our online Employment Application.
Churchill Downs Inc.
600 North Hurstbourne Parkway
Louisville, KY 40222
About Churchill Downs Incorporated
Churchill Downs Incorporated (CDI) (NASDAQ: CHDN), headquartered in Louisville, KY, owns and operates the world-renowned Churchill Downs Racetrack, home of the Kentucky Derby and Kentucky Oaks.
CDI also owns a racetrack and casino operations in Miami Gardens, FL; racetrack, casino and video poker operations in New Orleans, LA; racetrack operations in Arlington Heights, IL; a casino resort in Greenville, MS.; a casino hotel in Vicksburg, MS; a casino in Oxford, Maine; and a 50 percent owned joint venture, Miami Valley Gaming and Racing LLC, in Lebanon, OH.
CDI also the country's premier online wagering company, TwinSpires.com; the totalisator company, United Tote; and a collection of racing-related telecommunications and data companies.