Maintenance Tech - Desert Diamond Casinos & Entertainment
Desert Diamond Casinos & Entertainment
Glendale, Arizona 85305
May 25, 2018
Jun 26, 2018
Type of Position:
Under direct supervision of the Desert Diamond Casino-Phoenix Maintenance Supervisor, the Maintenance Tech performs preventive maintenance, repair, and renovation on facilities and grounds.
This list of duties and responsibilities is illustrative only of the tasks performed by this position and is not all-inclusive.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Repairs and maintains physical structures of the Tohono O’odham Gaming Enterprise Facilities.
- Performs plumbing, electrical, HVAC, and carpentry maintenance and repairs such as replacing solenoid valves, switches, relays and thermostats, rewiring, small construction build outs, repairs and refinishes furniture, installing plumbing pipe and related plumbing fixtures, unstopping clogged sinks, toilets, drains and garbage disposals, resetting circuit breakers, replacing cord caps and light switches, makes minor repairs to heating, refrigeration, air conditioning units and other electrical equipment; repairs damaged walls and doors; paints inside and outside building walls.
- Uses power and hand tools to perform repair and maintenance work.
- Repairs and installs kitchen equipment.
- Alternate ON-CALL shifts and work shift work.
- Performs all types of tile work, carpet repairs, chair and table repair.
- Drives trucks to transport materials and supplies.
- Orders parts and supplies.
- Follows proper procedure when ordering and purchasing parts and submitting paper work.
- Replaces defective lighting problems and makes the necessary repairs.
- Refinishes concrete work on floors, walkways, and other projects.
- Paints structures, repairs plaster and woodwork with carpenter tools.
- Repairs or replaces mechanical equipment in buildings as needed.
- Repairs or replaces routine plumbing fixtures as necessary.
- Performs routine maintenance tasks on the Casino Facilities daily.
- Responsible for the safety and security of personnel within the Casino by ensuring the safety devices are in good working conditions.
- Mixes prepared paints and paints a variety of exterior and interior surfaces.
- Performs small patch plaster jobs.
- Completes general landscaping and street repairs.
- Performs urgent maintenance and repairs including opening sewer blockages,
- Accomplishes clean-up of equipment and shops.
- Attends and participates in meetings and planning sessions.
- Opens, tracks and closes out work orders; conducts data entry on work orders.
- Conducts inventory of materials, re-orders, and stocks materials.
- Observes safety rules and maintains a safe environment.
- Contributes to a team effort and accomplishes related results as required.
- Assists in building emergencies such as fire alarms, water and electrical outages.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or GED plus two years commercial building maintenance experience or four years combined residential and commercial maintenance experience.
- Familiar with an automated work order system.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Must be able to maintain a valid AZ driver’s license and be insurable.
- Must be able to successfully pass a pre-employment drug/alcohol screen, background investigation, obtain and maintain gaming license and to include the following:
Knowledge, Abilities, Skills, and Certifications:
- Knowledge of use of maintenance tools, chemicals, cleaners, and disinfectants.
- Knowledge of the methods and practices used in preventive maintenance and repair work.
- Knowledge of occupational hazards and applicable safety practices.
- Knowledge of rough and finish carpentry.
- Ability to communicate, read, and write clearly in basic English.
- Ability to demonstrate outstanding guest service at all times.
- Ability to establish and maintain professional relationships with individuals of varying social and cultural backgrounds and with team member at all levels.
- Ability to understand and follow oral and written instruction.
- Ability to prepare and maintain work orders.
- Ability to use hand tools and electrical tools.
- Ability to prioritize and accomplish tasks within strict deadlines.
- Ability and willingness to learn theory and principles, and to become certified in a variety of building trades.
- Ability to demonstrate excellence in everything, and continually seek improvement in results.
- Ability to obtain fork lift certification.
- Skills in the safe operation of power tools and shop equipment.
- Skills in diagnosing and repair of equipment utilized.
While performing the duties of this job, the team member frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The team member regularly is required to climb or balance; and talk or hear. The team member occasionally is required to sit; and taste or smell. The team member must occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds.
Work is performed both indoors and outdoors. Exposure to natural weather conditions and various dusts and mists may occur while performing outdoor duties. Exposure to chemicals may occur. Standing and walking may be on uneven surfaces or unstable ground. Situations where safety-toe shoes, safety goggles, gloves, protective face shields, or hardhats are needed may occur. Days, evenings, graveyards, holidays and/or weekend work may be required. Extended hours and irregular shifts may be required.
All applicants must be able to demonstrate their US work authorization during the employment verification process.
To be considered for this position you must complete our Employment Application. Please click on Apply Now and you'll be redirected to our online form.
Desert Diamond Casinos & Entertainment
Fax: (520) 340-2154
Office hours are Monday - Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. No phone calls, please.
The Desert Diamond Casinos & Entertainment offers a convenient, memorable entertainment experience in Tucson, Sahuarita, Why and Glendale, Arizona. Amenities include unmatched gaming options, fine dining, the Monsoon Nightclub and world-class sporting events, music concerts and comedy sets at the Diamond Center. Desert Diamond Casinos & Entertainment also offers one of the region's finest convention centers and high-tech meeting facilities.
An enterprise of the Tohono O’odham Nation, Desert Diamond Casinos & Entertainment has been in the gaming and entertainment business for almost 30 years, beginning in 1985 with the opening of Papago Bingo in the Tucson area.
In 1993, the first Desert Diamond Casino was opened on Nogales Highway. Six years later, a smaller facility opened in Why, Arizona. The third Desert Diamond Casino near Sahuarita was opened in 2001. In 2007, the original casino on Nogales Highway was replaced with a new casino, hotel and convention center complex. Our newest property, Desert Diamond Casino – West Valley opened in late 2015 and has quickly become one of the Phoenix metropolitan area’s hottest spots.
Desert Diamond Casinos & Entertainment Tucson offers over 1,000 slots, a poker room with the area's most competitive tournaments, live blackjack, high-stakes bingo and fabulous keno.The hotel located only minutes from the Tucson International Airport includes complimentary wireless internet access, a heated outdoor pool, jetted hydro-spa, patio seating with a fire pit, exercise facilities, coffee bar and lounge.
Desert Diamond Casinos & Entertainment Sahuarita offers hundreds of slots and live blackjack tables. Food & Beverage venues include three restaurants - the Agave Restaurant offering fine dining, the Diamond Buffet and the Diamond Grill, as well as the two cocktail lounges.
Desert Diamond Casinos & Entertainment Why is the perfect rest stop for travelers on their way to Puerto Peñasco (Rocky Point) or making the trek to western Arizona. Guests can play slots at the self-service gas station and fully stocked convenience store.
Desert Diamond Casinos & Entertainment West Valley - located in Glendale, Arizona offers a 35,000 sq. ft. Class 2 casino with bingo-style slot machines. It is currently undergoing a $400 million development which will result in a 1 million-square-foot resort with a 75,000 sq. ft. casino with table games, such as blackjack and poker, as well as Las Vegas-style slot machines. The new facility will also feature five restaurants and cocktail lounges.