Vice President of Human Resources & Guest Service - Paragon Casino Resort
Vice President of Human Resources & Guest Service
Paragon Casino Resort
Marksville, Louisiana 71351
Dec 18, 2018
Jan 18, 2019
Type of Position:
The Vice President of Human Resources & Guest Service provides the strategic direction, tactical planning and operational oversight for all Human Resources departments/functions including:
- Employee Relations
- Training and Organizational Development
- Guest and Team Member Experience, as well as,
- Wardrobe Services operations.
This position develops and refines Paragon Casino Resort Guest Experience and Training initiatives using the appropriate analytics. Administers all Human Resource company policies and procedures and promotes superior guest service.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Responsible for all areas outlined within the position summary and direct supervision of the department team.
- Creates, develops and implements an effective strategy of organization within the Human Resources, Training and Uniform Departments, setting realistic objectives for high level of employee engagement and productivity.
- Formulates, administers and enforces departmental policies and performance standards and ensures property compliance with applicable Federal and State laws related to employment.
- Facilitates the creating and measurement of performance metrics for the property.
- Confers with General Manager, to review and resolve property wide and departmental Associate concerns, discussing needed changes and potential solutions.
- Develops, implements and directs proper procedures for Associate Counseling Notices, Terminations, and the Board of Review process, representing Paragon Casino Resort's interests in labor relations activities.
- Controls the Job Compendium and Policy and Procedure Manual for Paragon Casino Resort, updating as advised, and interpreting same to all Associates of the property, as needed.
- Directs the administration of the property-wide Compensation and Benefits program, ensuring equity and consistency throughout.
- Provides guidance and advice to all Vice Presidents and above within the company as it relates to human resource activities, application of employment-related laws and company policies.
- Cooperates with all other members of senior management of Paragon Casino Resort, to determine Associate Development needs, and to assist in administering appropriate plans to achieve objectives.
- Evaluates all areas of responsibility for continuous improvement opportunities and develops plans to implement process improvements.
- Participates in special projects as requested by the General Manager and/or Paragon Casino Resort management team.
- Ensures the quality of Human Resources, Training and Uniform operations in all areas of the organization.
- Establishes performance and profit objectives for short-term and long-term goals.
- Serves as a coach and mentor both within the Human Resources division as well as within the enterprise.
- Manages and ensures a maximum level of guest service and satisfaction throughout the property, through employee engagement, guest service strategy meetings and all activities that correlate to guest loyalty.
- Facilitates the flow of information throughout the property, by organizing and presiding over regularly scheduled departmental meetings with all Human Resources, Training and Uniform Associates.
- Serves as a member of the Executive Operations Committee, attending weekly status meetings.
- Held accountable, to the highest degree, for the accuracy and thoroughness of departmental records and reports.
GAMING INDUSTRY EXPERIENCE IS PREFERRED
The requisite qualifications listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Human Resource Management or a related field and 7 years of progressive Human Resources/Guest Service & Training management experience within a high-paced, complex casino and/or hospitality environment.
- In lieu of 7 years of management experience, 10 years Human Resource Generalist experience within a high-paced, complex casino and/or hospitality environment or an equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Excellent communication, conflict resolution, employment law and analytical skills required.
- Drug Testing Screening
- Back ground/credit checks
- Reference checks
Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, 401K and Bonus Program.
Must apply for, be granted and retain a valid Tribal Gaming License and State Gaming Certification during their employment with Paragon Casino Resort. Must have understanding of and abide by all regulations as stated in the Tribal-State Compact.
Tribal and Indian preference is applicable with Title XX of the Tribal code of the Tunica-Biloxi Tribe of Louisiana.
All applicants must be able to demonstrate their US work authorization during the employment verification process.
Click on Apply Now and you will be redirected to our Employment Application, which must be printed/completed to be considered for this opportunity.
Please fax your completed application to 318-240-6328 or scan/email it to: email@example.com
Paragon Casino Resort
711 Paragon Place
Marksville, LA 71351
Web Site: www.ParagonCasinoResort.com
Paragon Casino Resort is a world-class casino which offers lavish hotel accommodations with more than 500 rooms and suites. The casino has approximately 1,600 slot machines, 44 table games and a poker room.
The resort's other features include a 2,500-seat entertainment complex, a full-service RV resort, Kids' Quest childcare activity center, an indoor tropical pool with swim-up bar, full-service spa, three-screen cinema, fabulous dining choices, retail shops and a professional golf course.
Paragon Casino Resort is owned and managed by the Tunica-Biloxi Tribe of Louisiana.