EVS Supervisor - Osage Casinos
Ponca City , Oklahoma 64464
Jan 12, 2019
Jan 30, 2019
Type of Position:
Under general direction of the designated property manager, the EVS Supervisor oversees and coordinates the daily activities of the EVS Attendants to ensure cleanliness of operations gaming floor, property venues, and public areas.
This position description may not include all of the listed duties, nor do all of the listed examples include all tasks which may be found or assigned to this position.
- EVS Attendant
- Provides excellent internal and external guest services, treating internal and external guests with courtesy and consideration at all times.
- Cooperates and communicates with all fellow employees, always exhibiting mutual respect and consistently projecting a positive, helpful image/attitude.
- Responsible to greet each customer and promote outstanding guest relations.
- Makes efforts to keep informed of company information and communications by reviewing property bulletin boards, digital signage, and company newsletter.
- Conducts at least bi-weekly One-on-One meetings with direct reports, soliciting input from employees.
- On an individual basis or in a group format, explains why, shares information, and communicates the purpose of decisions to applicable staff.
- Ensures company information provided by management is effectively communicated.
- Supervises day to day cleanliness, and sanitation of public areas in the casino facility to feel welcome, safe, and provide a positive experience for all guests, employees and vendors.
- Performs routine inspections of all public areas.
- Assists employees with deep cleaning and other projects.
- Schedules employees to ensure excellent guest services are maintained in conjunction with efficiency and business needs.
- Issues assignments to staff reviewing special requests and areas of concentration to ensure a smooth flow of the operations.
- Issues supplies/goods to staff at beginning of shift in order to control inventory and ensure proper supplies are available while controlling expenses.
- Responds to guest requests, concerns and problems to ensure guest satisfaction.
- Generates shift reports.
- May assist assigned staff with accurate preparation of detailed daily, weekly, and monthly operating reports as required by the reporting senior.
- Ensures newly assigned staff members are scheduled for and complete departmental orientation.
- Responsible for the selection and performance evaluation of all assigned staff. May discipline and/or terminate employees within the area of responsibility, as necessary, and in accordance with authority. May recommend employees for recognition or reward.
- Provides job specific training to all newly hired employees or those assigned to mentor so they may perform their duties in accordance with acceptable job standards.
- Visits work spaces, break areas and other work shifts in order to be available and/or visible to staff members with the express purpose of showing interest, concern, or appreciation.
- Ensures applicable staff is aware of standards and expectations through publicity around their enforcement and effectively communicates consequences for not maintaining expected standards.
- Ensures all employees within areas of responsibility receive fair and equitable treatment with regard to their respective terms and conditions of employment.
- Performs all other related and compatible duties as assigned.
- Monitors all relevant activities of the area of responsibility, to ensure that all applicable laws, rules, regulations and controls of the organization, and the National Indian Gaming Commission (NIGC) and the Osage Nation Gaming Commission (ONGC) are understood and enforced by all applicable personnel.
- Maintains excellent working relationships with other Company staff and all applicable regulatory commissions and other agencies as may be applicable to ensure compliance.
- Performs all duties in accordance with company core values, objectives of the Osage Nation, internal policies and procedures, as well, as applicable laws and gaming regulations, including but not limited to, the state-tribal compact, IGRA, MICS, ONGR, the Bank Secrecy Act, Office of Foreign Asset Control, USA Patriot Act and Privacy Act.
- Ensures assigned staff is aware of, understand and comply with regulatory requirements and enforces regulatory standards through discipline when necessary.
- Must 18 years of age or older.
- One year of housekeeping, facilities, or janitorial experience required.
- Six months of supervisory experience in gaming operations preferred.
- Required to pass a pre-employment drug screening and obtain and maintain an Osage Nation gaming license.
- Required to provide documents to show the applicant is eligible to work in the United States.
- Osage, Native American, and Veteran preference shall apply to all positions at Osage Casinos.
- Applicants must be able to perform all essential functions of job duties with or without reasonable accommodation.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of applicable safety practices and occupational hazards.
- Knowledge of customer service techniques and practices.
- Knowledge of planning and scheduling techniques.
- Skill in operating system software.
- Skill in the use of cleaning tools, chemicals, cleaners, and disinfectants.
- Ability to learn the methods of cleaning and caring for buildings and equipment.
- Knowledge, skills, and experience in the hiring, training, scheduling, and supervision of staff, communications, decision-making, problem solving, complaint resolution, resource allocation, and customer service are preferred.
- Read, write, speak and understand the English language. Read Company or departmental reports, newsletters, and documents.
- Perform basic mathematical computations (add, subtract, multiply, divide in all units of measure, including whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.)
- Protect the Company’s value by keeping information confidential.
- Perform assigned tasks under moderate supervision. Follow written and verbal instructions.
- Establish and maintain positive relationships with other upper management, supervisory staff, employees, and the general public. Work well alone or within a team.
- Present facts and recommendations in oral and written form. Prepare written reports and correspondence as required.
- Utilize MS Office products at basic (create new documents, open/edit existing documents) to intermediate (import/export data, create templates) skill level.
- Exercise sound judgment and solicit assistance for decisions in a manner consistent with the essential job duties and responsibilities.
- See problems and avoid situations that could be deemed illegal or represent a safety hazard to fellow employees or guests.
- Respond to inquiries or complaints from employees, guests, regulatory agencies, and others.
- Travel locally, regionally, or out-of-state as needed.
- Maintain physical condition and stamina appropriate to performance of assigned duties.
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; professional organizations; attending expos/conventions; and developing or maintaining professional networks.
- The employee is also regularly required to stand for extensive periods of time, walk, sit, and use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls.
- Ability to sit, stoop, kneel, crawl, balance, or crouch while performing duties.
- Ability to use arms to reach and lift above shoulders.
- Must have normal auditory and good verbal communication.
- Ability to lift upwards of 30 pounds. Ability to drag, push, or pull up to 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Work is typically performed within a Casino setting. Exposure to second-hand smoke.
- Evening and weekend shifts may be required. Extended hours and irregular shifts may be required.
- Noise level in the work environment is moderate to high.
- The employee is regularly exposed to risks associated with travel between properties and back and forth to other areas as may be required due to business demands.
- The employee may be exposed to the risks associated in attempting to resolve issues with extremely irate or difficult people.
- Employee may be exposed to blood/bodily fluids, chemicals and/or hazardous material.
- The employee may be exposed to risks associated with the use of tools/machinery.
Applicants must already be authorized to work in the US and must be able to obtain and maintain a casino license in the state of Oklahoma.
Please click on the Apply Now button and you will be redirected to our Career Page. To be considered for this position you must complete our Company Employment Application.
Osage Casino – Human Resources
1211 W 36th St N
Tulsa, OK 74127
Web Site: http://www.osagecasinos.com
Osage Casinos are the largest economic enterprise of the Osage Nation. Osage Casinos operate in Tulsa, Sand Springs, Bartlesville, Skiatook, Ponca City, Hominy and Pawhuska. Osage Casinos has 3,042 electronic games at 7 locations. Guests 18 and over are welcome.
Osage Casino – Tulsa is located at 36 Street North off the L.L. Tisdale Parkway. The tribe invested $160 million into the new facility which opened in August 2018. It features a 247,000 square-foot gaming floor with 1,500 electronic games and 16 table games. The resort also has a 141-room hotel with an event space, a 4,000 square-foot brewery, and a new parking garage. In addition, Osage Casino Tulsa has a 6,000-square-foot outdoor entertainment area with a 120,000-gallon pool, a fire pit, a poolside bar and a 15-person hot tub.
Osage Casino – Sand Springs is located at 301 Blackjack Drive, Sand Springs, and features 491 electronic games and video poker, with 16 flat screen TVs at TheBar sports bar. The café/restaurant serves breakfast, lunch and dinner. Local, live entertainment is available at TheBar, Sand Springs, on Friday/Saturday at 8 p.m.
Osage Casino – Bartlesville is located at 222 Allen Road, and offers 449 electronic games, 6 table games. The property features a buffet, deli and NINE18 Bar. Local, live entertainment is available at NINE18Bar, on Friday/Saturday at 9 p.m.
Osage Casino Hotel – Skiatook is located at 5591 West Rogers Boulevard with 318 electronic games, a bar and Players Club. The Fiery Grille restaurant opens at 11 a.m. daily. The Tin Pint Bar features video poker, monthly drink specials and large screen TVs.
The 33-room hotel includes a fitness center, outdoor climate controlled pool with underwater speakers, hot tub, 2,500 square feet of meeting space. Hotel guests enjoy a free breakfast buffet.
The OC convenience store is open 24 hours, 7 days per week with 16 fueling stations, a beer cave and food.
Osage Casino Hotel – Ponca City is located at 6464 State Highway 60, offers 345 electronic games, 6 tables games and is open 24 hours, 7 days a week. The Salted Fork restaurant seats 60 people. The CopperTap Bar has large screen TVs, video poker.
The 55-room hotel includes a fitness center, outdoor climate controlled pool with underwater speakers, hot tub, 2,500 square feet of meeting space. Hotel guests enjoy a free breakfast buffet.
The OC convenience store is open 24 hours, 7 days per week with 16 fueling stations, a beer cave and food.
Osage Casino – Hominy is located at 39 Deer Ave., a few miles north of Hominy and was the first casino opened under Osage Nation Gaming in 2002. The casino offers 204 electronic games. The Jackpot Bar &Grill serves food and beer. The casino is open 10 am – 2 am, Sunday-Tuesday; and 10 am – 4 am, Wednesday – Saturday.
Osage Casino - Pawhuska is located at 2017 East 15th Street & Hwy 99. The casino offers 168 electronic games. Casino hours are 10 am – 2 a.m., Sunday – Wednesday and 10 am – 4 am, Thursday-Saturday.