Lead Slot Attendant - Potawatomi Hotel & Casino
Lead Slot Attendant
Potawatomi Hotel & Casino
Milwaukee, Wisconsin 53233
May 23, 2018
Jul 23, 2018
Type of Position:
Casino Tables, Slots, Sports, & Online Gaming
While carrying out the job duties listed below, the Slots Lead Attendant contributes to our continued business success by providing unsurpassed guest service, personal and professional dedication to our Mission, Vision, and Values, and demonstrating a high level of integrity and ethical standards.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities (*Essential Functions)
- *Set the example for department by performing all functions of the position with professionalism and the highest level of guest service.
- *Assist guests with how to play, read, and understand slot machines. Address any guest service concerns or questions with the highest level of guest service.
- *Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include but are not limited to training team members; scheduling and motivating team members; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining team members up to and including termination; addressing complaints; and resolving problems.
- *Monitor slot machine operations. Report any needed repairs including but not limited to ticket or bill jams and ticket replenishment to management.
- *Use different software applications to process, track, and report daily work.
- *Verify jackpot amounts over designated maximum.
- *Verify and facilitate overrides for slot attendants due to mechanical issues.
- *Monitor count in/count out of Payout Pouches. Record and track variances and check voids. Ensure paperwork and forms are completed accurately.
- Maintain a working knowledge of gaming regulations.
- Ensure full compliance with departmental Internal Control, policies, procedures, and regulations.
- Perform other duties as assigned
GAMING INDUSTRY EXPERIENCE IS PREFERRED
- High School diploma or equivalent preferred. Two years of slot floor, customer service, or training experience are required. Gaming or slot floor experience is preferred.
- Previous supervisory experience is preferred.
- Office skills must include the ability to use standard office equipment, calculator, and basic Microsoft Office. Must have the ability to use computer software applications.
- The ability to demonstrate basic math skills including adding, subtracting, multiplying, dividing, and counting using whole numbers and United States currency.
- The ability to read and interpret written instructions.
- The ability to interact and communicate with guests and team members at all levels of the organization professionally, in verbal form and demonstrated written form, including the ability to speak in front of small groups.
- The ability to maintain discretion in handling confidential information.
- While performing the duties of this job, the team member is required to talk, hear, stand, sit, walk, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, and move freely throughout the office and property for duration of scheduled shift. The team member is frequently required to use hands to handle or feel objects, tools, or controls, and reach with hands and arms.
- The team member must be able to operate a personal computer. The team member is required to lift, carry, push, pull, or move objects up to 30 pounds on a regular basis without assistance or more with assistance. Team member must wear all required Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) while performing job duties.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The noise level is usually moderate to loud. When on the casino floor, the noise level increases. The facility is not smoke free.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all qualifications, responsibilities, duties, and skills required.
Starting Rate: $15.47 Per Hour
Potawatomi Hotel & Casino (PH&C), owned by the Forest County Potawatomi tribe, is one of the most comprehensive, state-of-the-art entertainment properties in the Midwest, including slot machines, table games, poker tables, bingo, off-track-betting, a theater, event center, award-winning restaurants, full-service catering, and a luxury hotel, with a variety of business meeting and special occasion venues.
In addition to being the premier entertainment destination in the Midwest, PH&C sets the bar high for responsible citizenship through its dedication to charitable giving, responsible gambling, and sustainability. PH&C operates on growth-oriented Mission, Vision, and Values statements that emphasize providing opportunities, being the premier entertainment destination in the Midwest, and most importantly, acting with integrity in everything that we do.
All applicants must be able to demonstrate their US work authorization during the employment verification process.
Applicants who click on the "Apply Now" button will be directed to this position on our company Career page. To be considered you must develop your Profile and you must complete our Employment Application.
Potawatomi Hotel & Casino
1721 W. Canal Street
Milwaukee, WI 53233
Web Site: www.paysbig.com
Potawatomi Hotel & Casino, located in downtown Milwaukee, WI. is one of two casinos owned and operated by the Forest County Potawatomi Community.
With 100 table games, 3,000 slot machines, a 1,440-seat Bingo Hall, Poker Room and Off-Track Betting Room, the Casino offers thrilling action 24/7. The Casino also has a 500-seat theater, seven unique restaurants and over 60,000 square feet of banquet space. Plus, our new 19-story, 381-room hotel is now open.
Must be at least 18 years of age to apply. We support a safe, healthy and drug-free work environment through background checks and pre-employment drug testing.
As authorized by Federal Law, Forest County Potawatomi Community reserves the right to exercise preference for qualified Tribal/Indian members in connection with all job postings.
We like to reward and recognize team members for a job well done. So, we offer some awesome perks, like festival tickets, tickets to sporting events and more, as well as team member-only amenities, including our on-site dining area and fitness center.
Check out all of the benefits we offer:
- Vision Care
- Basic Life and Accident Death Dismemberment Insurance
- Short Term Disability
- Flexible Spending Account
- Employee Assistance Program
- 401K Retirement Services
- Competitive Wages
- Paid time off
- Free parking
- Free uniforms
- Wellness Program
- Fitness Center
- Free or discounted tickets to area attractions, festivals and events
- Guest Service Award program
- Team Member of the Month and Team Member of the Year programs
- Paid training and advancement opportunities
- Team member appreciation events ...and much more!