Casino Operations Shift Manager - Ameristar Casino Hotel - Council Bluffs
48230 | Gaming Industry Experience Required
Casino Operations Shift Manager
Ameristar Casino Hotel - Council Bluffs
Council Bluffs, Iowa 51501
May 18, 2018
Jul 18, 2018
Type of Position:
Casino Tables, Slots, Sports, & Online Gaming
The Casino Operations Shift Manager is responsible for the support of the entire casino operations; including table games, slots and beverage service. This position will work closely with Team Members and Guests and will maintain a high degree of professionalism in all interactions.
- The Team Member reports to the VP of Casino Operations.
- The Team Member directly supervises all exempt and non-exempt Team Members in casino operations; including Casino Operations Assistant Shift Managers, Table Games Supervisors, Slot Supervisors, Dealers, Slot Service Specialists, Beverage Servers, Bartenders and Barback Team Members.
(These functions are intended as a general illustration of the work performed in this job classification and are not all inclusive for this position)
- Deliver superior internal and external guest service the Pinnacle Way by ensuring every interaction includes our Service Standards.
- Supervise all aspects of the team including, but not limited to, hiring, training, coaching, mediating, recognizing and evaluating all hourly Team Members.
- Implement, adhere and monitor all department and property policies and procedures including, but not limited to, code of conduct, attendance, appearance, cash handling, confidentiality, safety, signature sequence of service and sanitation and applicable local, state, federal and regulatory procedures.
- Provide recognition to team members meeting and or exceeding our departmental objectives and guest service standards.
- Progressively coach Team Members not meeting departmental expectations up to, and including, suspension pending management review.
- Foster and maintain positive Team Member relations in a supportive environment and interface with other departments to ensure a harmonious working relationship.
- Issue timely performance evaluations and offer development guidelines and resources to achieve goals and improve performance.
- Continue professional development of self and assist all Team Members with career planning.
- Be responsible for the proper taxation on table games and slot jackpots and collect proper forms of identification from the Guests.
- Drive satisfaction scores for Guests and internal Team Members by working closely with Human Resources to identify opportunities and create initiatives to overcome these areas.
- Respond to reasonable guest requests or place Guest in contact with appropriate person for assistance.
- Maintain cleanliness standards of the casino floor and beverage service areas.
- Safeguard company assets.
- Maintain the strictest confidence of any and all confidential and proprietary information disclosed by an Ameristar entity or by a guest of Ameristar Casinos.
- Maintain an appropriate level of community affairs involvement.
- This is a non-uniformed position, which requires compliance with appearance standards.
- Must be able to work flexible hours including evenings, weekends, and holidays.
- Perform related duties as assigned by the VP of Casino Operations
GAMING INDUSTRY EXPERIENCE IS REQUIRED
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
(Related education and experience may be interchangeable on a year for year basis)
- Bachelor’s degree preferable with emphasis in management, business, finance OR an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Three (3) years of experience in the casino industry in slots or table games preferred.
- Three (3) years leadership experience required.
- Must have cross-functional expertise in Table Games/Slots within 1 year from the date of hire.
ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS: (Licenses, Certifications, Testing, etc.)
Possession of, and ability to obtain and maintain a valid drivers and gaming license within assigned state of employment.
- Strong problem solving, mediation, coaching, and consulting skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Knowledgeable of applicable federal, state, and local regulations.
- Fully competent in Microsoft Office.
- Ability to sustain a high level of confidentiality and professionalism.
- Ability to maintain a high level of energy and take a proactive and strategic approach to dealing with team member relations issues.
- Ability to work collaboratively and communicate effectively with team members at all levels of the organizations.
- Uses diplomacy and tact to build constructive and effective relationships including during high-tension situations.
- Ability to obtain support for ideas and actions from subordinates, peers, or superiors in order to accomplish a task or goal.
- Highly organized and detail oriented.
- Uses time efficiently and effectively to manage priorities.
- Deals with simple and complex concepts effectively.
- Shares or divides attention among several ongoing activities, projects or assignments.
- Ability to follow all policies, procedures, and regulations including but not limited to attendance, appearance, safety, and security policies.
- Ability to adjust or balance the size of staff on a daily basis in order to maximize productivity or control labor costs without sacrificing customer service.
- Ability to identify circumstances or incidents that require the notification and/or approval of others.
- Must successfully pass background check.
- Must successfully pass an alcohol and drug screening.
- Must be eighteen (18) years of age.
Relocation Assistance Is Available (Up To $10,000)
All applicants must be able to demonstrate their US work authorization during the employment verification process.
Ameristar Casino Hotel Council Bluffs
2200 River Road
Council Bluffs, IA 51501
Ameristar Council Bluffs includes the largest riverboat in Iowa, was modeled after the historic riverboats that plied the waters of the Missouri River in the 1800s. Located in the greater Omaha metropolitan area, this property has received the prestigious Four Diamond designation from the American Automobile Association and, in 2004, was named "Property of the Year" by the Iowa Lodging Association.
The property also features a 38,500 square-foot casino with 1,500 slot machines and 10 table games, five dining options, three bars, an entertainment venue and 8,000 square-feet of meeting and event space.
Pinnacle Entertainment (PNK) is a dynamic and growing casino entertainment company with more than 15,000 team members working at 16 casinos and racetracks located in Colorado, Indiana, Iowa, Louisiana, Mississippi, Missouri, Pennsylvania, Nevada and Ohio - and PNK has a management contract for Retama Park Racetrack outside of San Antonio, Texas.
At PNK, we are guided by our team member promise - Be the Best You. Through this promise we strive to support our team members in living their best lives by offering them challenging and rewarding work, a competitive benefits package and opportunities to build lasting relationships.