Human Resources Director - Fantasy Springs Resort Casino
Human Resources Director
Fantasy Springs Resort Casino
Indio, California 92203-3499
Aug 05, 2018
Sep 03, 2018
Type of Position:
Develops policy and directs and coordinates human resources activities by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate team members.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Analyzes wage and salary reports and data to determine competitive compensation plan.
- Prepares personnel forecast to project employment needs.
- Writes directives advising department managers of company policy regarding equal employment opportunities, compensation, and employee benefits.
- Consults legal counsel to ensure that policies comply with federal and as needed state law.
- Develops and maintains a human resources system that meets top management information needs.
- Oversees the analysis, maintenance, and communication of records required by law or local governing bodies, or other departments in the organization.
- Studies legislation, arbitration decisions, and collective bargaining contracts to assess industry trends.
- Writes and delivers presentations to corporate officers or tribal officials regarding human resources policies and practices.
Directs subordinate supervisors and managers in Benefits, Employment, HRIS and Training and Development. Is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of these units. Also directly supervises one or more non-supervisory employees. Carries out responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws.
• Hiring - Directing the recruiting and hiring process through the recruiting supervisor and staff. Creates and maintains employment paperwork (applications, offer letters, salary grades & program, hiring paperwork, conflict of interest forms, transfer paperwork, on-line employment programs, etc.) Maintains compensation program.
• Benefits ? Oversees and directs all benefit programs including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401K plan, 401k audits, ACA audits, IRS filings, Workers Comp, Employee Safety program and Wellness program and other special offerings.
• HR Records- Directs staff to create and maintain HRIS systems which collect and safeguard all pertinent employee information according to legal and policy directives.
• Employee Relations ? Directs and works with the Human Resource Manager to insure all employee concerns are addressed as quickly and as equitably as possible working with department management.
• Training and Development ? Offers internal training where possible in all needed skill areas as well as legally required training such as Harassment, Bullying, Legal Updates, etc. When necessary coordinates external training as well.
• Employee Events ? Plans, coordinates, staffs and procures all resources needed for ongoing and numerous Employee Events (includes but not limited to Easter Picnic, Firework Show, Employee Talent Show, Halloween Event, Holiday Parties, etc.).
Tribal/Resort Leadership - Serves as a liaison and/or staff member to provide information, guidance and suggestions.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Analytical - Synthesizes complex or diverse information; Collects and researches data; Uses intuition and experience to complement data. Designs work flows and procedures.
- Customer Service - Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
- Interpersonal Skills - Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; Maintains confidentiality; Listens to others without interrupting; Keeps emotions under control; Remains open to others' ideas and tries new things.
- Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings.
- Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Varies writing style to meet needs; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
- Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
- Delegation - Delegates work assignments; Matches the responsibility to the person; Gives authority to work independently; Sets expectations and monitors delegated activities; Provides recognition for results.
- Leadership - Exhibits confidence in self and others; Inspires and motivates others to perform well; Effectively influences actions and opinions of others; Accepts feedback from others; Gives appropriate recognition to others.
- Managing People - Includes staff in planning, decision-making, facilitating and process improvement; Takes responsibility for subordinates' activities; Makes self available to staff; Provides regular performance feedback; Develops subordinates' skills and encourages growth; Solicits and applies customer feedback (internal and external); Fosters quality focus in others; Improves processes, products and services. Continually works to improve supervisory skills.
- Business Acumen - Understands business implications of decisions; Displays orientation to profitability; Demonstrates knowledge of market and competition. Aligns work with strategic goals.
- Cost Consciousness - Works within approved budget; Develops and implements cost saving measures; Contributes to profits and revenue; Conserves organizational resources.
- Ethics - Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; Inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
- Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures; Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; Supports organization's goals and values; Benefits organization through outside activities; Supports affirmative action and respects diversity.
- Strategic Thinking - Develops strategies to achieve organizational goals; Understands organization's strengths & weaknesses; Analyzes market and competition; Identifies external threats and opportunities; Adapts strategy to changing conditions.
- Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
- Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals. Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- Initiative - Volunteers readily; Undertakes self-development activities; Seeks increased responsibilities; Takes independent actions and calculated risks; Looks for and takes advantage of opportunities; Asks for and offers help when needed.
GAMING INDUSTRY EXPERIENCE IS PREFERRED
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; and one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Human Resource systems; Payroll systems; Spreadsheet software and Word Processing software.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
PHR or SPHR certification preferred.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
All applicants must be able to demonstrate their US work authorization during the employment verification process.
Fantasy Springs Resort Casino
Cabazon Band of Mission Indians
84-245 Indio Springs Parkway
Indio, CA 92203-3499
Fax: (760) 238-5621
Web Site: www.fantasyspringsresort.com
Fantasy Springs Resort Casino is located on the reservation of the Cabazon Band of Mission Indians in southern California near the city of Indio, 22 miles east of Palm Springs and approximately 130 miles northeast of Los Angeles.
Fantasy Springs Resort Casino offers 2,000 slot and video poker machines, Bingo and 40 table games, which include Blackjack, Mini-Baccarat, California Craps, Jackpot Pai Gow, and Spanish 21.
The Resort offers 250 luxurious rooms with spectacular mountain views. Food and beverage venues include fine dining in The Bistro and casual dining or cocktails in JOY Asian Cuisine, POM, The Fresh Grill Buffet, The Pizza Kitchen, Lique , LIT bar & lounge, and the12th Floor Cocktail Lounge & Wine Bar.
Guests can enjoy live entertainment from concerts to boxing in the Special Events Center and relax on the Eagle Falls Golf Course, a masterpiece with unique elevations and water features that is open for public play.