IT Applications Database Engineer - Potawatomi Hotel & Casino
IT Applications Database Engineer
Potawatomi Hotel & Casino
Milwaukee, Wisconsin 53233
Jun 17, 2018
Jul 18, 2018
Type of Position:
While carrying out the job duties listed below, the Information Technology Applications Database Engineer contributes to our continued business success by providing unsurpassed guest service, personal and professional dedication to our Mission, Vision, and Values, and demonstrating a high level of integrity and ethical standards.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities (*Essential Functions)
- *Develop, implement, and maintain applications and programs to assist end users in automating or improving processes and systems.
- *Work with business users to understand their requirements, processes, and issues. Perform root cause analysis and develop efficient solutions to meet user needs and resolve repeat problems.
- *Design, develop, and maintain interfaces that automate business processes between different systems.
- *Design, develop, and maintain custom scripts and/or SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) reports to monitor and notify Information Technology (IT) staff of potential system problems.
- *Assist end users by developing queries and reports.
- *Communicate with IT Management, Executive Management, and other IT team members regarding requests for reporting development and design, interfacing, data compiling, and related needs.
- *Design, implement, and operate comprehensive data warehouse systems to balance optimization of data access with batch loading and resource utilization factors, according to department management requirements.
- Develop data warehouse process models including sourcing, extraction, transformation, and loading.
- Conduct studies of emerging IT technologies to maximize application of enterprise architecture, application development, and process engineering concepts and methods.
- Perform job duties in full compliance with departmental Internal Controls, policies, procedures, and regulations.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- A high school diploma or equivalent and 5 years of related experience are required. A Bachelor’s degree in a related field can take the place of 2 years of experience.
- Office skills must include the ability to use standard office equipment and basic knowledge of Microsoft Office. Microsoft Certified Software Developer (MCSD) preferred. Must have experience with current Microsoft technologies such as SQL Server administration/maintenance, T-SQL, SSRS, SSAS, SSIS, ASP.NET, C#, .NET, and/or Power Shell and be proficient in all aspects of software development.
- Kimball Group data warehouse training preferred.
- The ability to use strong organization skills and attention to detail to accurately handle multiple job duties and projects in a fast paced environment.
- The ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- The ability to read and interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions.
- The ability to maintain discretion in handling confidential information.
- The ability to interact with guests and team members professionally.
- The ability to work irregular hours and extended shifts including late nights, early mornings, weekends, and holidays.
- While performing the duties of this job, the team member is required to talk, hear, stand, sit, walk, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, and move freely throughout the office and property for duration of scheduled shift. The team member is frequently required to use hands to handle or feel objects, tools, or controls, and reach with hands and arms. The team member must be able to operate a personal computer. The team member may be required to lift, carry, push, pull, or move objects up to 20 pounds on a regular basis. Team member must wear all required Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) while performing job duties. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The noise level is usually moderate. When on the casino floor, the noise level increases. The facility is not smoke free.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all qualifications, responsibilities, duties, and skills required.
Potawatomi Hotel & Casino (PH&C), owned by the Forest County Potawatomi tribe, is one of the most comprehensive, state-of-the-art entertainment properties in the Midwest, including slot machines, table games, poker tables, bingo, off-track-betting, a theater, event center, award-winning restaurants, full-service catering, and a luxury hotel, with a variety of business meeting and special occasion venues.
In addition to being the premier entertainment destination in the Midwest, PH&C sets the bar high for responsible citizenship through its dedication to charitable giving, responsible gambling, and sustainability. PH&C operates on growth-oriented Mission, Vision, and Values statements that emphasize providing opportunities, being the premier entertainment destination in the Midwest, and most importantly, acting with integrity in everything that we do.
All applicants must be able to demonstrate their US work authorization during the employment verification process.
Applicants who click on the "Apply Now" button will be directed to this position on our company Career page. To be considered you must develop your Profile and you must complete our Employment Application.
Potawatomi Hotel & Casino
1721 W. Canal Street
Milwaukee, WI 53233
Web Site: www.paysbig.com
Potawatomi Hotel & Casino, located in downtown Milwaukee, WI. is one of two casinos owned and operated by the Forest County Potawatomi Community.
With 100 table games, 3,000 slot machines, a 1,440-seat Bingo Hall, Poker Room and Off-Track Betting Room, the Casino offers thrilling action 24/7. The Casino also has a 500-seat theater, seven unique restaurants and over 60,000 square feet of banquet space. Plus, our new 19-story, 381-room hotel is now open.
Must be at least 18 years of age to apply. We support a safe, healthy and drug-free work environment through background checks and pre-employment drug testing.
As authorized by Federal Law, Forest County Potawatomi Community reserves the right to exercise preference for qualified Tribal/Indian members in connection with all job postings.
We like to reward and recognize team members for a job well done. So, we offer some awesome perks, like festival tickets, tickets to sporting events and more, as well as team member-only amenities, including our on-site dining area and fitness center.
Check out all of the benefits we offer:
- Vision Care
- Basic Life and Accident Death Dismemberment Insurance
- Short Term Disability
- Flexible Spending Account
- Employee Assistance Program
- 401K Retirement Services
- Competitive Wages
- Paid time off
- Free parking
- Free uniforms
- Wellness Program
- Fitness Center
- Free or discounted tickets to area attractions, festivals and events
- Guest Service Award program
- Team Member of the Month and Team Member of the Year programs
- Paid training and advancement opportunities
- Team member appreciation events ...and much more!