Risk and Safety Manager - Potawatomi Hotel & Casino
Risk and Safety Manager
Potawatomi Hotel & Casino
Milwaukee, Wisconsin 53233
May 14, 2018
Jul 17, 2018
Type of Position:
While carrying out the job duties listed below, the Risk and Safety Manager contributes to our continued business success by providing unsurpassed guest service, personal, and professional dedication to our Mission, Vision, and Values, and demonstrating a high level of integrity and ethical standards.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities (*Essential Functions)
- Manage risk, occupational safety, food safety, accident and injury prevention programs, and environmental compliance for various facets of the organization while complying with applicable state, federal, and tribal regulations to promote and ensure a safe and healthy environment for team members and guests.
- Carry out management responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include but are not limited to interviewing, hiring, and training team members; scheduling and motivating team members; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining team members up to and including termination; addressing complaints; and resolving problems.
- Develop and implement policies and procedures to ensure compliance with all applicable federal, state, tribal, and local regulations including the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) and the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA). Manage the accurate and timely completion of all required record keeping, reporting, and statistical data.
- Manage Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) reporting and investigations; food safety inspections; and Safety Data Sheets (SDS) reporting systems.
- Oversee the disaster recovery efforts and the crisis and emergency management programs. Develop action plans and coordinate internal resources as needed.
- Partner with Public Relations to manage emergency notifications, communications and planning, execution, and assessment of evacuation drills.
- Direct the development and implementation of safety goals for each department. Ensure accurate reporting of incident trends and retraining and risk reduction strategies. Guide departments in the correction of safety risks.
- Present operational risk and business impact analysis reports to senior management.
- Coordinate with OSHA and Forest County Potawatomi Community (FCPC) Legal Department for incident investigations.
- Manage the inspection and audit process by governmental officials, insurance carriers, outside consultants, internal auditors, and other authorized parties.
- Lead the Safety Committee to educate team members about safety, and to further continuous safety plans.
- Establish, update, and ensure full compliance with departmental Internal Controls, policies, procedures, and regulations.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- A high school diploma and 7 years of progressively responsible experience in Occupational Health and Safety are required. A Bachelor’s degree in Occupational Health and Safety can take the place of 2 years of experience. OSHA 30 and HAZWOPER certifications are preferred.
- 2 years of supervisory experience is preferred.
- Office skills must include the ability to use standard office equipment and knowledge of Microsoft Office. Environmental Health and Safety software and reporting software experience are required. Auto Cad experience preferred.
- The ability to use strong organization skills and attention to detail to accurately handle multiple job duties and projects in a fast-paced environment.
- The ability to read and interpret written instructions, diagrams, blueprints, and schematics.
- The ability to use basic math skills including adding, subtracting, multiplying, dividing, and counting using whole numbers and fractions/whole numbers.
- The ability to maintain discretion in handling confidential information.
- The ability to interact with and understand the interests of stakeholders at all levels, as well as the impact of those interests on PH&C and its goals. The ability to communicate effectively before groups of guests or team members of the organization.
- The ability to work irregular hours and extended shifts including late nights, early mornings, weekends, and holidays.
- While performing the duties of this job, the team member is required to talk, hear, stand, walk, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, and move. The team member is frequently required to use hands to handle or feel objects, tools, or controls, and reach with hands and arms. The team member must be able to operate a personal computer. The team member will be required to lift or move objects up to 25 pounds on a regular basis. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The noise level is usually moderate. When on the casino floor the noise level increases. The facility is not smoke free.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all qualifications, responsibilities, duties, and skills required.
Potawatomi Hotel & Casino (PH&C), owned by the Forest County Potawatomi Community (FCPC), is one of the most comprehensive, state-of-the-art entertainment properties in the Midwest, including slot machines, table games, poker tables, bingo, off-track-betting, a theater, event center, award-winning restaurants, full-service catering, and a luxury hotel, with a variety of business meeting and special occasion venues.
In addition to being the premier entertainment destination in the Midwest, PH&C sets the bar high for responsible citizenship through its dedication to charitable giving, responsible gambling, and sustainability.
PH&C operates on growth-oriented Mission, Vision, and Values statements that emphasize providing opportunities, being the premier entertainment destination in the Midwest, and most importantly, acting with integrity in everything that we do.
All applicants must be able to demonstrate their US work authorization during the employment verification process.
Applicants who click on the "Apply Now" button will be directed to this position on our company Career page. To be considered you must develop your Profile and you must complete our Employment Application.
Potawatomi Hotel & Casino
1721 W. Canal Street
Milwaukee, WI 53233
Web Site: www.paysbig.com
Potawatomi Hotel & Casino, located in downtown Milwaukee, WI. is one of two casinos owned and operated by the Forest County Potawatomi Community.
With 100 table games, 3,000 slot machines, a 1,440-seat Bingo Hall, Poker Room and Off-Track Betting Room, the Casino offers thrilling action 24/7. The Casino also has a 500-seat theater, seven unique restaurants and over 60,000 square feet of banquet space. Plus, our new 19-story, 381-room hotel is now open.
Must be at least 18 years of age to apply. We support a safe, healthy and drug-free work environment through background checks and pre-employment drug testing.
As authorized by Federal Law, Forest County Potawatomi Community reserves the right to exercise preference for qualified Tribal/Indian members in connection with all job postings.
We like to reward and recognize team members for a job well done. So, we offer some awesome perks, like festival tickets, tickets to sporting events and more, as well as team member-only amenities, including our on-site dining area and fitness center.
Check out all of the benefits we offer:
- Vision Care
- Basic Life and Accident Death Dismemberment Insurance
- Short Term Disability
- Flexible Spending Account
- Employee Assistance Program
- 401K Retirement Services
- Competitive Wages
- Paid time off
- Free parking
- Free uniforms
- Wellness Program
- Fitness Center
- Free or discounted tickets to area attractions, festivals and events
- Guest Service Award program
- Team Member of the Month and Team Member of the Year programs
- Paid training and advancement opportunities
- Team member appreciation events ...and much more!