Race Office Assistant - Tioga Downs Casino & Resort
Race Office Assistant
Tioga Downs Casino & Resort
Nichols, New York 13812
Mar 16, 2019
Apr 30, 2019
Type of Position:
Responsible for the daily operations of the race office. Responsible for preparation of the races on-site.
• Provides excellent guest service to both internal and external guests.
• Actively supports the company culture of creating a fun and entertaining experience for internal and external guests.
• Responsible for taking entries from trainers and owners during the morning of the draw.
• Responsible for answering phone calls in the race office two hours before post time.
• Responsible for printing out all forms needed during the draw including requests from the horsemen and Judges.
• Responsible for putting together the Race Program, complete with correct driver changes, odds, scratches, headings, etc.
• Assists Race Secretary with putting together competitive race cards.
• Assists in daily operation as requested by the Race Secretary.
• Responsible for charting qualifying races.
• Responsible for collecting fees from horsemen and owners.
• Responsible for communicating information between horsemen and the judges of the NYS Gaming Board.
• All other duties as assigned
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
High School diploma or GED required.
Must possess excellent communication skills, and be able to maintain the highest level of confidentiality within the department and the company. Must be computer-literate, with appropriate software.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret documents, such as safety rules, maintenance manuals, and policies and procedures. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the Associate is regularly required to talk or hear. The Associate is also regularly required to stand, walk, sit, and use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls. The Associate is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms, and to sit, climb or balance, and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Exposed to the elements outside and around horses.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an associate encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. When on the race track, the noise level may increase to loud.
*This is a seasonal position*
All applicants must be able to demonstrate their US work authorization during the employment verification process.
Tioga Downs Casino Resort
2384 West River Rd.
Nichols NY, 13812
Tioga Downs Casino Resort is located at the gateway to Finger Lakes Wine Country in New York. With 950 slot machines, 32 table games, including the World Series of Poker sanctioned Poker Room, it’s a gambler’s retreat.
Add in the best barbecue from around the country at Virgil’s Real Barbecue, fresh food at the County Fair Buffet grown in our garden and on local farms, headline concerts, live music from the best regional bands on the weekends and live racing all summer long and Tioga Downs is a sure bet for fun.
The property features a 161-room hotel, spa, P.J. Clarke’s Restaurant, swimming pools, a water slide and 33,000 square feet of meeting and convention space.
Tioga Downs Casino is the most inviting, entertaining and rewarding experience that the region has to offer. With the excitement of harness racing and the thrills of casino gaming in a friendly and casual atmosphere, this destination is rivaled by none.
Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action Employer