Senior Executive Host - Potawatomi Hotel & Casino
47644 | Gaming Industry Experience Required
Senior Executive Host
Potawatomi Hotel & Casino
Milwaukee, Wisconsin 53233
Jan 10, 2019
Mar 10, 2019
Type of Position:
While carrying out the job duties listed below, the Senior Executive Host contributes to our continued business success by providing unsurpassed guest service, personal and professional dedication to our Mission, Vision, and Values, and demonstrating a high level of integrity and ethical standards.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities (*Essential Functions)
- Responsible to interact and build relationships with guests, with a concentration in the higher worth players and develop qualified players to consolidate their play at Potawatomi Hotel & Casino with the goal of growing a critical source of revenue for the business.
- Use discretion and independent judgement with respect to the issuance of complimentaries in order to grow rated revenue.
- Extend complimentary services to our guests, including monetary and high-value rewards.
- Monitor player activity through use of the on-line systems and act to promote play with the appropriate action to include but not limited to in person contact, email, letter, text and phone call in a timely manner. Arrange accommodations and amenities (i.e. shows, hotel, restaurant, transportations and etc.)
- Seek out targeted players and sign them up for Fire Keepers Club (FKC)
- Assist with the execution of assigned parties, promotions, special events and tournaments.
- Provide valuable feedback to the management team on guest preferences and their expectations.
- Maintain up to date knowledge of all gaming machines, table games, promotions, events, entertainment and general property information.
- Work independently to resolve guests concerns and conflicts, in a fair and equitable manner.
- Respond to guests’ requests and inquiries to provide guest satisfaction.
- Facilitate full integration with all casino departments to provide ultimate guest services.
- Demonstrate a professional, outgoing demeanor while on the casino floor and while hosting on and off property events.
- Ensure full compliance with departmental Internal Controls, policies, procedures and regulations.
- Maintain confidentiality and security of all players’ accounts, files, records, and lists.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
GAMING INDUSTRY EXPERIENCE IS REQUIRED
- High school diploma or equivalency required. Associates degree in Sales, Marketing, Business or related field preferred.
- Must have (4) years of experience as an Executive Host or similar position with (2) years of experience in the Chicago-land market.
- Ability to travel up to 20% of time, including overnight travel required.
- Ability to provide a Motor Vehicle Record.
- A current state driver’s license and the ability to hold and maintain a valid state issued non probationary driver’s license:
- Two (2) or fewer chargeable or preventable motor vehicle accidents within the past five (5) years.
- Three (3) or fewer violations of motor vehicle law (other than violations involving parking) within the past five (5).
- No convictions of an offense involving the operation of a motor vehicle while impaired by alcohol or controlled substances within the past seven (7) years.
- No convictions of any careless or reckless driving of a motor vehicle offense within the past five (5) years.
- Ability to maintain a good driving record during the course of employment.
- Office skills, ability to use standard office equipment and intermediate computer knowledge in Microsoft Word, Outlook and Excel. Casino Management and Contact Management Systems knowledge preferred.
- Ability to respond to guests and team member’s voicemails, texts and emails twenty four (24) hours seven days a week.
- Exercise appropriate judgement and decision making skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively before groups of guests or team members of the organization.
- Ability to maintain organization, meet deadlines and possess integrity and discretion in handling.
- Ability to read and interpret documents.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to respond to inquiries or complaints from team members, guests, regulatory agencies and others.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with stress.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
- Ability to work irregular hours and extended shifts including late nights, early mornings, weekends and holidays.
- While performing the duties of this job, the team member is regularly required to talk and hear. The team member is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; and reach with hands and arms. The team member must be able to operate a personal computer and move freely around the property. The team member may occasionally be required to lift and/or move up to ten (10) pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud. When on the casino floor the noise level increases. The facility is not smoke free.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all qualifications, responsibilities, duties and skills required.
Potawatomi Hotel & Casino (PH&C), owned by the Forest County Potawatomi tribe, is one of the most comprehensive, state-of-the-art entertainment properties in the Midwest, including slot machines, table games, poker tables, bingo, off-track-betting, a theater, event center, award-winning restaurants, full-service catering, and a luxury hotel, with a variety of business meeting and special occasion venues.
In addition to being the premier entertainment destination in the Midwest, PH&C sets the bar high for responsible citizenship through its dedication to charitable giving, responsible gambling, and sustainability.
PH&C operates on growth-oriented Mission, Vision, and Values statements that emphasize providing opportunities, being the premier entertainment destination in the Midwest, and most importantly, acting with integrity in everything that we do.
All applicants must be able to demonstrate their US work authorization during the employment verification process.
Applicants who click on the "Apply Now" button will be directed to this position on our company Career page. To be considered you must develop your Profile and you must complete our Employment Application.
Potawatomi Hotel & Casino
1721 W. Canal Street
Milwaukee, WI 53233
Web Site: www.paysbig.com
Potawatomi Hotel & Casino, located in downtown Milwaukee, WI. is one of two casinos owned and operated by the Forest County Potawatomi Community.
With 100 table games, 3,000 slot machines, a 1,440-seat Bingo Hall, Poker Room and Off-Track Betting Room, the Casino offers thrilling action 24/7. The Casino also has a 500-seat theater, seven unique restaurants and over 60,000 square feet of banquet space. Plus, our new 19-story, 381-room hotel is now open.
Must be at least 18 years of age to apply. We support a safe, healthy and drug-free work environment through background checks and pre-employment drug testing.
As authorized by Federal Law, Forest County Potawatomi Community reserves the right to exercise preference for qualified Tribal/Indian members in connection with all job postings.
We like to reward and recognize team members for a job well done. So, we offer some awesome perks, like festival tickets, tickets to sporting events and more, as well as team member-only amenities, including our on-site dining area and fitness center.
Check out all of the benefits we offer:
- Vision Care
- Basic Life and Accident Death Dismemberment Insurance
- Short Term Disability
- Flexible Spending Account
- Free On-site Workplace Health Clinic
- Employee Assistance Program
- 401K Retirement Services
- Competitive Wages
- Paid time off
- Free parking
- Free uniforms
- Wellness Program
- Fitness Center
- Free or discounted tickets to area attractions, festivals and events
- Guest Service Award program
- Team Member of the Month and Team Member of the Year programs
- Paid training and advancement opportunities
- Team member appreciation events ...and much more!