Dual Rate Black Jack Dealer - Kla-Mo-Ya Casino
47541 | Gaming Industry Experience Required
Dual Rate Black Jack Dealer
Chiloquin, Oregon 97624
Feb 23, 2018
Mar 24, 2018
Type of Position:
Casino Tables, Slots, Sports, & Online Gaming
DUAL RATE BLACKJACK DEALER and SUPERVISOR
The purpose of the Blackjack Dealer is to control and deal cards to guest players in accordance with the Casino’s policy. Determine that the proper amount of chips are issued during customer buy-in and that proper and accurate payoffs are made, and collect wagers in accordance with fixed, specified set of instructions. The Black Jack Dealer is also responsible for providing professional and courteous customer service to guests at all times.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Conduct Black Jack Games in accordance with set policies and procedures to include, but not limited to the proper shuffling, cutting, dealing, peeking, calling game, hitting players hand, take and pay, picking up of cards, insurance procedures, splitting hands, double downs, etc.
- Responsible for adhering to and complying with all rules, regulations, policies and procedures for the Table Games Department.
- Responsible for ensuring game protection and notifying immediate supervisor of any discrepancies during the game.
- Provide friendly, professional and efficient customer service to a diverse group of people.
- Responsible for the accuracy in redemption and payouts of Black Jack games.
- Work as a team player and maintain a courteous and professional attitude at all times in order to insure a smooth and consistent level of efficient customer service.
- Exhibit excellent customer service and team member relations.
- Other related duties as assigned.
GAMING INDUSTRY EXPERIENCE IS REQUIRED
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Non-Indians must be at least 21 years of age.
- Enrolled Indians who are at least eighteen (18) years of age.
- Completed 136 hours of Black Jack training, or 6 months to (2) years work experience as Black Jack Dealer in a recognized legal gaming establishment, which is verifiable.
- Must submit copy of training certificate and place of training for verification purposes.
- One (1) year work related customer service experience, preferred.
- Must submit to and clear an Alcohol/Drug Screen.
- Must be Licensable by the Klamath Tribes Gaming Regulatory Commission,
- Indian Preference will apply.
SALARY: $10.50 – $16.00 / hr DOE
All applicants must be able to demonstrate their US work authorization during the employment verification process.
This position requires the submission of the following documents when applying:
1. A Kla-Mo-Ya Casino Employment Application Form - Just click on the Application button and you will be directed to our Application Form, which you must print and complete to be considered.
2. A Resume & Cover Letter
Your Casino Careers resume is automatically forwarded when you click on the Apply Button.
You may also use the Email Employer form to submit a resume and cover letter.
3. A copy of a High School Diploma or GED Certificate from an accredited institution.
Sealed Official Transcripts, or a copy of the college Bachelor's or graduate degree diploma(s)
You may also print all of the above documents and mail your information to:
Human Resources Office
34333 Hwy 97 North
Chiloquin OR, 97624
Kla-Mo-Ya Casino opened in the summer of 1997 as an enterprise of the Klamath Tribes. Its name is an acronym of the three tribes that comprise the Klamath Tribes: (the Klamath, Modoc, and Yahooskin Band of Snake Indians). Situated on 40 acres along the beautiful Williamson River, Kla-Mo-Ya Casino is a 15,000 square foot facility offering the feeling of an elegant mountain lodge that blends into its natural surroundings. The Casino offers over 344 slot machines, 3 Black Jack tables, the Peak-To-Peak Restaurant and Lounge and a gift shop to its over 300,000 annual visitors.
Since its opening, the KLA-MO-YA Casino has shown steady growth and currently offers over 135 jobs from Chiloquin, Klamath Falls, and surrounding areas, of which approximately 50% are Klamath Tribal members or members of another Federally Recognized Tribe. The Casino operates under the direction of the KLA-MO-YA Board of Directors.
The Casino is proud that it contributes to Klamath County’s economic well-being through the good and services it purchases that benefit numerous local businesses; through sponsorships and donations to charities, service agencies, youth groups, schools; and to Native American events, rodeos and other area events.
Crater Lake Travel Center on property adjacent to the Casino, offers both travelers and Casino guests another reason to stop and visit our facility. KLA-MO-YA Casino continues to build a strong foundation in helping create tribal economic self-sufficiency. Each year the number of visitors and casino revenues steadily increase and the future will be no exception.