Tribal Gaming Agency Operations Agent 1 - Stillaguamish Tribe of Indians
Tribal Gaming Agency Operations Agent 1
Stillaguamish Tribe of Indians
Arlington, Washington 98223
Feb 22, 2018
Mar 23, 2018
Type of Position:
The Tribal Gaming Agency Operations Agent is responsible for regulatory enforcement, compliance, security and control of the Stillaguamish Tribe of Indians Gaming Operations (TGO) as authorized by the Indian Gaming Regulatory Act, National Indian Gaming Commission, the Tribal/State Compact, the Washington State Gambling Commission, the Stillaguamish Gaming Commission and Stillaguamish Gaming Ordinance of 2008.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Investigates and acts to stop illegal activity or unusual occurrences using standard operating procedures.
- Investigates, reports and reviews TGA Operations investigation reports of illegal activity or unusual occurrences that happen within the Tribal Gaming Operations to the TGA Operations Manager.
- Assists in the identification and detention of persons who may be involved in illegal acts relating to gaming operations.
- Protects the gaming interests of the Stillaguamish Tribe of Indians and its membership.
- Protects the Tribal Gaming Operation, its employees, visitors and patrons of the Tribal Gaming facility.
- Initiates and documents incident and violation reports for violations of policy and procedure, regulations, Tribal Ordinance, the Tribal/State Compact, NIGC statutes and IGRA statutes.
- Insures overall compliance with all Federal, State, Local and Tribal laws, ordinances and policies and procedures.
- Provides investigation results and recommendations to the TGA Operations Manager, Director and/or the Gaming Commission at the direction of the TGA Director.
- Provides and reviews reports of violation and recommendation of correction of the MIC’s, policy and procedures and regulation to the TGA Operations Manager.
- Initiates log entries to document unusual occurrences within the gaming facility.
- Completes undercover assignments as assigned.
- Collects physical evidence and documentation involving criminal and/or administrative violations.
- Provides assistance to TGO managers and employees in reference to Internal Controls, Regulations, Tribal Ordinance and the Tribal/State Compact.
- Verifies payment of jackpot winners and completes all required documentation.
- Assists in other TGA departments as needed.
- Assists and accompanies security while accessing sensitive areas.
- Tests and seals all TLS machine processor boards when needed.
- Safeguards assets transported to and from the gaming facilities and cashier cage area.
- Promotes a positive and harmonious work environment by contributing to team effort.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Maintain and enforce policies and procedures.
- Adheres and complies with the terms outlined in the confidentiality agreement.
- Must attend applicable training to improve knowledge and skills
GAMING INDUSTRY EXPERIENCE IS PREFERRED
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Experience utilizing interviewing, interrogation and investigative techniques
- Computer literacy in the use of Microsoft Word and Excel programs
- Knowledge of all casino related gaming
- Must have excellent math skills
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills
- Must have strong organizational skills
- Must have a positive employment history with current and past employers
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- Prior Criminal Justice preferred
- Capable of successfully completing New Agent Training
- Minimum of five (5) years experience in customer relation skills
- Tribal Gaming (or related) experience preferred
- Must possess a valid Washington State driver’s license or obtain one within 30 days of employment
- Must not have any pending criminal charges
- Must be able to pass a criminal and financial background check including a drug screen.
- Must be able to work any shift, weekends and/or holidays.
Must be able to pass background check and drug swab.
All applicants must be able to demonstrate their US work authorization during the employment verification process.
Stillaguamish Tribe of Indians
PO Box 277
Arlington WA, 98223
The Stillaguamish Tribe is composed of descendants of the 1855 Stoluck-wa-mish River Tribe. In 1855 the population resided on the main branch of the river, as well as the north and south forks. The name Stillaguamish, under various spellings, has been used since around 1850 to refer to those Indians who lived along the Stillaguamish River and camped along its tributaries.
They were a party to the treaty of Point Elliott of January 22, 1855 under the spelling Stoluck-wa-mish. No separate reservation was established for the Stoluck-wa-mish Indians. Some moved to the Tulalip Reservation, but the majority remained in the aboriginal area along the Stillaguamish River. Tribal headquarters are located in Arlington, Washington.
The Stillaguamish Tribal Business Development Department develops and works in partnership with the Board of Directors for the tribe's businesses that include Banksavers Nursery and Landscaping, River Rock Tobacco and Fuel Station and the Angel of the Winds Casino, all located in Arlington.