Surveillance Lead Technician - Fantasy Springs Resort Casino
47525 | Gaming Industry Experience Required
Surveillance Lead Technician
Fantasy Springs Resort Casino
Indio, California 92203-3499
Apr 11, 2019
May 10, 2019
Type of Position:
Performs technical work maintaining, analyzing and repairing the video and electronic equipment used to observe on-site gaming operations and related activities for the Tribal Gaming Commission.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include:
- The Lead Technician shall report directly to the Surveillance Manager and in the absence of the manager, the Lead Technician shall report directly to the Assistant Manager and/or the Executive Director of Gaming Control.
- The Lead Technician is responsible for performing all technical work in installing, repairing, maintaining and training in the use of all associated surveillance equipment.
- The Lead Technician will keep the Manager/Assistant Manager and Executive Director informed regarding any serious issues and or concerns regarding the proper working condition of all surveillance equipment.
- The Lead Technician shall be responsible for all maintenance and preventative maintenance of all associated equipment along with the repair of said equipment caused by malfunction and or wear.
- The Lead Technician shall keep the Manager/Assistant Manager informed regarding any discipline issues involving the Surveillance Technician.
- Responsible for familiarizing himself/herself with any newly purchased equipment and/or associated equipment.
- Installs, operates and repairs technical surveillance equipment.
- Overall responsibility for the daily upkeep of all surveillance equipment including monitors, Network Video Recorders, IP cameras, key boards and the Network Video Recording System.
- Conducts preventative maintenance and repairs to all surveillance equipment located in the Commission offices.
- Maintains a complete and updated inventory of equipment and parts on hand and used.
- Orders equipment as needed with the approval of the Surveillance Manager and the Executive Director of Gaming Control.
- Reports to the Manager the status of the equipment and all repairs made.
- The equipment malfunction log is checked daily by the Technician and steps taken to repair all malfunctions.
- Authority over apprentice Technician.
- Responds to 24-hour/seven-days/week emergency on-call status to perform and/or facilitate emergency equipment repairs anywhere technical investigation equipment is utilize. A Company issued cell phone is given to this position to be used for on-call emergency situations regarding all associated Surveillance/Gaming Control equipment.
This position is not limited to those duties listed in the job description. Duties and responsibilities can be changed, expanded, reduced or deleted to meet business needs of the company.
This position supervises the Technician.
GAMING INDUSTRY EXPERIENCE IS REQUIRED
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Education and/or Experience:
- High school diploma or GED.
- Must be 21 years of age or older.
- Minimum 3 years direct experience in Surveillance electronics with an emphasis on low voltage, A/V Integration, Networking Security/Surveillance.
- Must be able to obtain a gaming license.
- Must have strong computer skills to include Microsoft Office, Apps, Spreadsheets, Databases and IT Trouble Shooting.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds. Must have the ability to kneel, crawl, crouch and stand for extended periods of time. The employee is required to utilize ladders for an extended period of time as well as utilizing a lift when required. Must follow OSHA Guidelines.
Employees working the Casino or Bowling Center may be exposed to second-hand smoke and moderate levels of noise.
Starting Salary: $45,000.00 (DOE)
All applicants must be able to demonstrate their US work authorization during the employment verification process.
Fantasy Springs Resort Casino
Cabazon Band of Mission Indians
84-245 Indio Springs Parkway
Indio, CA 92203-3499
Fax: (760) 238-5621
Web Site: www.fantasyspringsresort.com
Fantasy Springs Resort Casino is located on the reservation of the Cabazon Band of Mission Indians in southern California near the city of Indio, 22 miles east of Palm Springs and approximately 130 miles northeast of Los Angeles.
Fantasy Springs Resort Casino offers 2,000 slot and video poker machines, Bingo and 40 table games, which include Blackjack, Mini-Baccarat, California Craps, Jackpot Pai Gow, and Spanish 21.
The Resort offers 250 luxurious rooms with spectacular mountain views. Food and beverage venues include fine dining in The Bistro and casual dining or cocktails in JOY Asian Cuisine, POM, The Fresh Grill Buffet, The Pizza Kitchen, Lique , LIT bar & lounge, and the12th Floor Cocktail Lounge & Wine Bar.
Guests can enjoy live entertainment from concerts to boxing in the Special Events Center and relax on the Eagle Falls Golf Course, a masterpiece with unique elevations and water features that is open for public play.