Sous Chef - Mountain Springs Buffet - Cliff Castle Casino Hotel
Sous Chef - Mountain Springs Buffet
Cliff Castle Casino Hotel
Camp Verde, Arizona 86322
Oct 08, 2018
Nov 08, 2018
Type of Position:
Food and Beverage
The Sous Chef is responsible for the preparation of all foods and sauces during an assigned shift, in accordance with company specifications and standards.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Specific areas of responsibility included, but not limited to:
- Supervise all line and buffet production staff ensuring compliance with company policy and procedures, controls, specs and standards.
- Responsible for preparing, seasoning, finishing, and garnishing all food in kitchen preparation in accordance with established recipes.
- Delegate and instruct all kitchen Team Members in producing a smoothly and efficiently run operation on a scheduled shift.
- Assist in all areas of food production as needed.
- Responsible for maintaining a consistent regular attendance record.
- Responsible for maintaining a clean and sanitary area at all times in full accordance with State and Federal Health Regulations.
- Maintain and monitor all check lists.
- Follow all instructions and procedures delegated by the Director of Food and Beverage.
- Perform accurate inventory procedures.
- Ability to create accurate orders for food preparations.
- High School Diploma or G.E.D.
- One to two years experience as a Sous Chef.
- Able to obtain a valid non-gaming license.
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills required.
- Ability to read, write, speak, and understand English.
- Able to stand/walk for extended periods of time.
- Must have employment eligibility in the U.S.
- Must have CARE certification or be able to obtain within 30 days of hire.
- Must have Title 4 certification or be able to obtain within 90 days of hire.
- Must have Food Handlers certification or be able to obtain within 60 days of hire.
- Must attend State, Federal, Tribal, Casino, and Department mandatory trainings and pass any applicable testing.
***The Yavapai-Apache Nation owns Cliff Castle Casino. As a result of this ownership, preferential hiring will go in the following order: Yavapai-Apache Members, Yavapai-Apache Children, Yavapai-Apache Spouse, Other Native Americans enrolled in a federally recognized tribe and Veterans.***
All applicants must be able to demonstrate their US work authorization during the employment verification process.
Cliff Castle Casino Hotel
555 Middle Verde Road
Camp Verde AZ, 86322
Cliff Castle Casino Hotel is a family friendly destination located an hour north of Phoenix on I-17 just south of Sedona in Camp Verde, AZ. It is proudly owned and operated by the Yavapai-Apache Nation. The casino features 8 Las Vegas-style Blackjack games, 5 live Poker games, 665 slot machines and year-round, world-class entertainment in the Dragonfly Nightclub and the Stargazer Pavilion.
The 6-story hotel tower offers guests 122 luxury suites, king rooms, double-queen rooms, a pool, multi-purpose conference rooms, coffee shop, retail outlet and a 300 space parking garage.
The casino hotel also features a 20-lane bowling center, Kids Quest supervised child care and an arcade. Guests can enjoy fine dining at Storytellers Steakhouse and family dining in Mountain Springs buffet, Johnny Rockets-The Ultimate Hamburger or grab a quick bite at Three Sisters open 24/7.