Line Cook - Mountain Springs Buffet - Cliff Castle Casino Hotel
Line Cook - Mountain Springs Buffet
Cliff Castle Casino Hotel
Camp Verde, Arizona 86322
Jul 26, 2018
Aug 26, 2018
Type of Position:
Food and Beverage
The Line Cook performs pre-opening line check, meets with Sous Chef on a daily basis, and coordinates menu item production.
Duties and Responsibilities: Specific areas of responsibility included, but not limited to:
- Responsible for meeting with the Sous Chef on a daily basis to discuss any special events and to discuss prep tasks that need to be completed.
- Perform pre-opening/ continuing back line, hot box and buffet check, work on line or buffet, coordinate buffet food preparation and production.
- Responsible for opening and or closing procedures, kitchen cleaning and safe food handling practices.
- Coordinate and perform all pre-shift prep, set-up, restocking cooler and properly rotate items.
- Assist in maintaining overall cleanliness of kitchen, buffet and the line.
- Must have excellent communication skills.
- Perform other duties as assigned by Sous Chef.
- High School Diploma or G.E.D.
- General knowledge of the preparation of various food items.
- Must have worked as a cook in a professional food establishment for a minimum of one (1) year.
- Must have Food Handlers certification or be able to obtain within 60 days of hire.
- Able to obtain a valid non-gaming license.
- Must have employment eligibility in the U.S.
- Must attend State, Federal, Tribal, Casino, and Department mandatory trainings and pass any applicable testing.
Starting Salary: $11.00 Per Hour
***The Yavapai-Apache Nation owns Cliff Castle Casino. As a result of this ownership, preferential hiring will go in the following order: Yavapai-Apache Members, Yavapai-Apache Children, Yavapai-Apache Spouse, Other Native Americans enrolled in a federally recognized tribe and Veterans.***
All applicants must be able to demonstrate their US work authorization during the employment verification process.
Cliff Castle Casino Hotel
555 Middle Verde Road
Camp Verde AZ, 86322
Cliff Castle Casino Hotel is a family friendly destination located an hour north of Phoenix on I-17 just south of Sedona in Camp Verde, AZ. It is proudly owned and operated by the Yavapai-Apache Nation. The casino features 8 Las Vegas-style Blackjack games, 5 live Poker games, 665 slot machines and year-round, world-class entertainment in the Dragonfly Nightclub and the Stargazer Pavilion.
The 6-story hotel tower offers guests 122 luxury suites, king rooms, double-queen rooms, a pool, multi-purpose conference rooms, coffee shop, retail outlet and a 300 space parking garage.
The casino hotel also features a 20-lane bowling center, Kids Quest supervised child care and an arcade. Guests can enjoy fine dining at Storytellers Steakhouse and family dining in Mountain Springs buffet, Johnny Rockets-The Ultimate Hamburger or grab a quick bite at Three Sisters open 24/7.