Blackjack Dealer - Cliff Castle Casino Hotel
47357 | Gaming Industry Experience Required
Cliff Castle Casino Hotel
Camp Verde, Arizona 86322
Sep 05, 2018
Oct 05, 2018
Type of Position:
Casino Tables, Slots, Sports, & Online Gaming
The Blackjack Dealer deals Blackjack in accordance with Casino and department procedures. Control players and game action keeping focused on Guest service, games protection, accuracy, and speed.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Specific areas of responsibility included, but not limited to:
- Adhere to all Casino and department policies and procedures.
- Follow department and Casino attendance expectations including, but not limited to, clocking in/out, reporting to work on time, and working various assigned shifts demonstrating flexibility and reliability.
- Report to work in complete uniform and good personal hygiene.
- Report any pertinent game information with incoming dealer.
- Control players and game speed.
- Pay off winning bets and collect losing bets accurately to protect Casino assets.
- Call supervisor for any game irregularities, questions, or decisions.
- Regularly interact with all Blackjack Team Members as necessary (i.e. communicate concerns, solicit decisions, etc.).
- Communicate tactfully with Guests to maintain a friendly, fun atmosphere.
- Tactfully handle stressful and difficult situations with Guests and other Team Members.
- Demonstrate knowledge of Blackjack and appropriate guidelines for table games.
- Consistently comply with Casino, department and all regulatory requirements.
- Ensure game protection, efficient game pace, payout accuracy and speed.
- Attend all meetings and training as required.
- Acknowledge Guests when they sit down at a table. Always greet Guests, use their name, if known, and wish them luck.
- Dealers must always appear approachable, with pleasant body language, and a smile, even when at dead tables.
- Acknowledge Guests when they are walking by, whenever possible.
- Thank all Guests for tips and toke bets, verbally and with eye contact.
- Make every attempt to exceed the Guest's expectations and to create a memorable experience.
- Inform Guests of Blackjack or casino-wide promotions.
- When Guests leave tables, thank them for playing.
- Follow all practical and common Blackjack protocol.
GAMING INDUSTRY EXPERIENCE IS REQUIRED
- One year Blackjack Dealer experience or has completed an accredited training course.
- Ability to pass a math test.
- Ability to read and speak English.
- Possess sound, mature judgment.
- Must have professional appearance.
- Must be dexterous and have good hand coordination.
- Must be able to work in a smoking environment.
- Must pass a live audition.
- Must be able to deal from a 6-deck shoe.
- Must be able to deal to an average of 250 spots/hour (50 hands/hour with 4 spots each hand).
- Must be able to stand or sit for long periods of time.
- Must be able to work all shifts including weekends, holidays, evenings, and special events
- Must be able to spend significant amount of time twisting and turning in a 180-degree angle with both upper extremities extended across gaming table.
- Must be able to operate basic equipment (automatic shuffler).
- Must have employment eligibility in the U.S.
- Must obtain a valid gaming license.
- Must attend State, Federal, Tribal, Casino, and Department mandatory trainings and pass any applicable testing.
***The Yavapai-Apache Nation owns Cliff Castle Casino. As a result of this ownership, preferential hiring will go in the following order: Yavapai-Apache Members, Yavapai-Apache Children, Yavapai-Apache Spouse, Other Native Americans enrolled in a federally recognized tribe and Veterans. ***
All applicants must be able to demonstrate their US work authorization during the employment verification process.
Cliff Castle Casino Hotel
555 Middle Verde Road
Camp Verde AZ, 86322
Cliff Castle Casino Hotel is a family friendly destination located an hour north of Phoenix on I-17 just south of Sedona in Camp Verde, AZ. It is proudly owned and operated by the Yavapai-Apache Nation. The casino features 8 Las Vegas-style Blackjack games, 5 live Poker games, 665 slot machines and year-round, world-class entertainment in the Dragonfly Nightclub and the Stargazer Pavilion.
The 6-story hotel tower offers guests 122 luxury suites, king rooms, double-queen rooms, a pool, multi-purpose conference rooms, coffee shop, retail outlet and a 300 space parking garage.
The casino hotel also features a 20-lane bowling center, Kids Quest supervised child care and an arcade. Guests can enjoy fine dining at Storytellers Steakhouse and family dining in Mountain Springs buffet, Johnny Rockets-The Ultimate Hamburger or grab a quick bite at Three Sisters open 24/7.