Auditor, GC Internal - Agua Caliente Casino Resort Spa & Spa Resort Casino
Auditor, GC Internal
Agua Caliente Casino Resort Spa & Spa Resort Casino
Palm Springs, California 92262
Jan 31, 2018
Jul 21, 2018
Type of Position:
JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY
The Internal Auditor is responsible for assisting on individual internal audit projects, as part of the total internal audit plan. This responsibility includes performing internal audit procedures and preparing work paper documentation reflecting the results of the work performed. Work performed will include audit review of the Tribes casinos, focusing on financial, operational and compliance processes to evaluate regulatory compliance and identify risks. Additionally, the Internal Auditor may follow-up on the status of outstanding internal audit issues. The Internal Auditor will also assist in the development and administration of audit plans and other regulatory assignments.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (other duties may be assigned)
• Performs assigned audits in accordance with the approved audit program.
• Evaluates the adequacy of internal controls and compliance with company policies and procedures by conducting interviews with all levels of personnel, examining transactions, documents, records and reports and observing procedures.
• Identifies compliance and risk issues by analyzing evidence.
• Prepares work papers in accordance with professional standards.
• Assists in recommendations based on independent judgment of corrective action and regulatory improvements to protect the assets of the Tribe and insure the integrity of the gaming operation.
• Prepares audit reports for distribution to management.
• Complies with all applicable Tribal Regulations, ACGC Regulations, internal controls, policies and procedures. Documents and reports all exceptions/variations/deviations to the ACGC Director of Internal Audit immediately upon awareness.
• Maintains the highest level of professionalism with patrons, employees and external business contacts.
GAMING EXPERIENCE PREFERRED
GAMING INDUSTRY EXPERIENCE IS PREFERRED
• Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance or related field desired.
• Minimum of two years of internal audit experience with demonstrated knowledge of financial, operational and compliance audits or a minimum of three years related experience in lieu of internal audit experience.
• Must have intermediate to advanced computer skills in spreadsheets and word processing applications.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to analyze risk and develop recommendations to mitigate the potential for fraud.
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL DEMANDS
To perform this job successfully, the individual must able to stand, move and work throughout the office area and properties, including walking up to 1 ½ mile, climbing stairs and sitting at a desk/work station for the duration of the shift. Also may be subjected to a smoke filled environment.
Typically the individual will be housed in an office environment. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate, but will escalate when located in the casino environment. Must be able to grasp, bend, lift and/or carry or otherwise move goods weighing a minimum of 25 lbs. on an intermittent basis, and sufficient dexterity of hand in order to use office equipment including, but not limited to computer keyboard, calculator, general office equipment and multi-line telephone.
All applicants must be able to demonstrate their US work authorization during the employment verification process.
To be considered for this position you
must complete the
Employer Online Application via the company website.
Agua Caliente Casino Resort Spa • Spa Resort Casino Hotel
Rancho Mirage • Palm Springs
HotWaterCasino.com • SpaResortCasino.com
Agua Caliente Casino Resort Spa, a four-diamond resort in Rancho Mirage, and Spa Resort Casino in downtown Palm Springs offer the hottest slots, a variety of table games, and high-limit gaming, plus fine dining, shopping, relaxing spas and luxurious hotel rooms, all in a gorgeous resort setting.
Agua Caliente Casino Resort Spa in Rancho Mirage, California has been repeatedly voted "Best Casino" in reader's polls. It’s home to more than a thousand slots, a variety of table games, and a wildly popular 18-table non-smoking Poker room. The casino offers exciting lounge entertainment plus award-winning dining, adjacent to its luxury resort hotel. Guests can stay in style in 340 deluxe rooms and suites; enjoy a relaxing spa, pool and cabana complex, as well as a state-of-the-art conference center. The Show, a 2,000 seat entertainment venue completes this world-class destination.
Spa Resort Casino is located in the heart of downtown Palm Springs, California. The resort’s boutique hotel offers 229 newly remodeled guest rooms, and the world-famous Spa which offers natural hot mineral springs. Spa Resort Casino also offers the best in gaming with slots, table games and a private high-limit gaming room. The property features fine dining, live entertainment and dancing, all just steps away from the downtown shops and restaurants that make Palm Springs one of the America’s most adored resorts.
Both resorts are owned and operated by the Agua Caliente Band of Cahuilla Indians, which also owns the world-famous Indian Canyons and Tahquitz Canyon hiking trails, and Indian Canyons Golf Resort.