Assistant Manager Banquets - Fantasy Springs Resort Casino
Assistant Manager Banquets
Fantasy Springs Resort Casino
Indio, California 92203
Oct 10, 2018
Nov 08, 2018
Type of Position:
Food and Beverage
Assists the Banquet Manager in running all aspects of the Banquet Department operational functions to ensure that all service standards, resort policies, and regulations are met while providing the highest levels of quality and service to ensure that all assigned contracted Banquet and catering Events are run in a timely, efficient, and professional manner.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Experience supervising a large banquet staff and familiar with all aspects of various positions within the department.
- Experience planning and supervising numerous banquets at the same time.
- Assures consistency in service through ongoing training.
- Coordinates all requests between banquet staff, food and beverage departments, and other hotel divisions to ensure smooth and accurate communication.
- Maintains open communication with Stewards, Housemen, Captains, Servers, and Bartenders to ensure smooth operation.
- Ensures all meetings and banquets are properly set to guest and resort/casino specifications and standards within acceptable time frames.
- Assists with recruiting, hiring, scheduling, counseling, and conducting disciplinary action of all banquet personnel.
- Is available during all major banquet functions and events and assists in supervising where necessary.
- Has clear, concise written and verbal communication skills with customers and service staff.
- Shows ability to instill a calm organized approach in all situations.
- Displays strong organizational and planning skills.
- Shows exceptional detail in follow up.
- Displays excellent safety and sanitation skills.
- Shows strong guest service orientation skills.
- Willingly assumes responsibility and accountability.
- Shows good judgment in making decisions and when reacting to events and incidents that take place thru the normal course of duty.
- Compliance with forecasts including payroll, forecasting revenue, ordering of supplies, safety, loss prevention, etc.
- Inspects all staff and event locations to ensure cleanliness, completeness and accuracy of set ups, dress code, regulations complain ace, etc.
- Ensures a safe working environment for employees.
- Attends all meetings as assigned and stands in as acting manager of the department when the banquet manager is not available.
- Ensures that all events are posted accurately.
- Regularly inspects the work of the banquet captains to ensure that they are consistently following all standards, guidelines and regulations as outlined.
- Coordinates requisitions for food, beverage, and necessary banquet equipment and supplies.
- Ensures that all requests and associate recommendations, requests and complaints are handled quickly and fairly.
- With assistance of the banquet manager, coordinates long-range departmental goals including staffing levels, equipment needs, training schedules and staff recognition programs.
This position is not limited to those duties listed in the job description. Duties and responsibilities can be changed, expanded, reduced or deleted to meet business needs of the company.
This position has supervisory responsibilities.
Must be able to understand and comply with all company and departmental rules and regulations, policies and procedures. Demonstrates skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with staff, department heads, company directors, Tribal Members and guests of the Resort and casino.
High school graduate with two or more years of college or a minimum of 5 years of supervisory experience within the Banquet Field at a 4 Star or 4 Diamond resort property. Must display the education, training ability and experience that is obtained from working in a 4 Star or 4 Diamond Resort Banquet Operation including job knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the duties and responsibilities of the job.
Valid Food Handlers Card required along with a current Gaming License.
Employees working the Casino or Bowling Center may be exposed to second-hand smoke and moderate levels of noise
All applicants must be able to demonstrate their US work authorization during the employment verification process.
Fantasy Springs Resort Casino
Cabazon Band of Mission Indians
84-245 Indio Springs Parkway
Indio, CA 92203-3499
Fax: (760) 238-5621
Web Site: www.fantasyspringsresort.com
Fantasy Springs Resort Casino is located on the reservation of the Cabazon Band of Mission Indians in southern California near the city of Indio, 22 miles east of Palm Springs and approximately 130 miles northeast of Los Angeles.
Fantasy Springs Resort Casino offers 2,000 slot and video poker machines, Bingo and 40 table games, which include Blackjack, Mini-Baccarat, California Craps, Jackpot Pai Gow, and Spanish 21.
The Resort offers 250 luxurious rooms with spectacular mountain views. Food and beverage venues include fine dining in The Bistro and casual dining or cocktails in JOY Asian Cuisine, POM, The Fresh Grill Buffet, The Pizza Kitchen, Lique , LIT bar & lounge, and the12th Floor Cocktail Lounge & Wine Bar.
Guests can enjoy live entertainment from concerts to boxing in the Special Events Center and relax on the Eagle Falls Golf Course, a masterpiece with unique elevations and water features that is open for public play.