Lead Surveillance Systems Engineer - Four Winds South Bend
Lead Surveillance Systems Engineer
Four Winds South Bend
South Bend, Indiana 46614
Feb 05, 2018
Mar 05, 2018
Type of Position:
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Maintains a working knowledge of all rules and regulations of the Gaming Commission and ensures strict adherence to same throughout the property.
- High level troubleshooting expertise utilized while analyzing complex system related malfunctions. Ability to lead and execute various installation and maintenance projects.
- Consults with Surveillance Systems Supervisor and Management on specific types of equipment needed for the successful completion Surveillance systems repairs and projects.
- Participate in installation, movement, and removal of Surveillance related equipment to ensure protection of gaming and adherence to regulatory controls.
- Documents and oversees preventative maintenance programs designed to minimize system failures.
- Ability to verify and update surveillance system programming and firmware updates for all surveillance system devices.
- Possesses the ability to calculate system power and load requirements for camera system devices. Assist in identifying and correcting potential problems or hazards with wiring or connectivity. Candidate must be able to provide timely reporting of such hazards in a clear and professional manner.
- Ability to identify and communicate inventory needs to Surveillance Systems management to ensure spare equipment is on hand at all times.
- Attends regularly scheduled departmental meetings.
- Held accountable for the accuracy and thoroughness of departmental records and reports.
- Ability to maintain a neat and organized workspace, to include Surveillance storage spaces and IDF closets located throughout each property.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required of personnel so classified.
Promotes the following within the department and among all employees:
- Creates an atmosphere of fun for all casino guests.
- Encourages mutual respect, dignity and integrity with all employees, by setting positive examples at all times.
GAMING INDUSTRY EXPERIENCE IS PREFERRED
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- High School diploma or general education degree (GED) required.
- Two (2) year degree in Electronics, Electrical or Network Engineering, or equivalent experience in electronic systems maintenance and repair is preferred.
- Successful Completion of Dallmeier training program.
Knowledge of, and experience with, CCTV equipment required. Must possess excellent technical and communication skills. Experience in gaming surveillance technology and knowledge of cabling standards required. This position requires a Level 2 Gaming License.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret the most complex of documents, such as Technical Reports, Schematics, and CAD drawings. Ability to respond to common inquiries, complaints from guests or regulatory agencies. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals, and work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference. Ability to proficiently understand and utilize Ohm's Law.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables. Ability to leverage technical expertise to fully understand and meet the Surveillance department's technical and reporting needs and requirements. Ability to develop and maintain a strong relationship with Surveillance department staff. Ability to communicate technical information to non-technical personnel. Ability to specify and develop queries/reports using a range of software. Ability to think logically and follow detailed instructions.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is also regularly required to stand, walk, sit, and use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms, and to sit, climb or balance, and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
The employee is sometimes required to work in high, precarious places. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee is regularly exposed to danger of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. When on the casino floor, the noise level increases to loud. A casino environment is typically smoky.
Employee Benefits & Programs
401(k) Plans, Tuition Reimbursement, Medical Plan, Dental Plan, Vision Plan, Flexible Spending Accounts, Long and Short Term Disability, Employee Dining Room, On-Site Health and Wellness Center, Life Insurance, EAP (Employee Assistance Program), Paid Time Off, Uniforms Provided, Recognition & Rewards, Personal Development Opportunities
All applicants must be able to demonstrate their US work authorization during the employment verification process.
South Bend, Indiana
Four Winds South Bend, located in South Bend, IN, is scheduled to be complete in early 2018. The first phase of the 175,000 square ft. gaming facility will include a casino, four restaurants, a player's lounge, coffee shop, bars, retail outlets and a parking garage.
The 55,000 sq. ft casino will include 1,800 slot games, including progressives which are linked to slot machines in other casinos around the country and produce life-changing jackpots. The Four Winds South Bend gaming property will also feature four restaurants including signature favorites such as Copper Rock Steakhouse and The Buffet, as well as three bars.