Slot Shift Manager - Mount Airy Resort & Casino
47054 | Gaming Industry Experience Required
Slot Shift Manager
Mount Airy Resort & Casino
Mount Pocono, Pennsylvania 18344
Dec 15, 2017
Feb 16, 2018
Type of Position:
Casino Tables, Slots, Sports, & Online Gaming
Essential Job Functions:
- Responsible for analyzing and observing the integrity of play and tracking guest and employee activity on the slot floor.
- Supervises Slot Service Supervisors and Slot Service Assistants
- Assists in the development and implementation of Slot Operations Policies and Procedures.
- Responsible for the training of Slot Operations staff. Responsible that all employees have the knowledge required to perform their duties at an acceptable level.
- Settle all customer disputes not readily resolved by subordinates.
- Duties, responsibilities, requirements and expectations pertaining to this job are subject to change as needed. Hours are determined by 24-hour schedule.
- Communicate regularly with supervisors and attendants to keep them informed on all Department and company activities and events.
- Ensures staffing and work schedules are adequate to provide a consistently high level of service with the minimum of labor hours.
- Supervises Slot Technicians in the absence of a Slot Technician Supervisor.
- Attends all necessary meetings.
- Assists in other projects as directed.
- Provides exceptional customer service to all patrons and communicates in a pleasant, friendly and professional manner at all times. Maintains a professional work environment with supervisors and staff.
GAMING INDUSTRY EXPERIENCE IS REQUIRED
- Must be a minimum of 18 years of age or older upon employment.
- High School Diploma is required
- Five (5) Years of slot operations experience and at least 2 years of personnel supervisory experience.
- Strong organizational and leadership qualities, interpersonal skills and dedicated commitment to excellence.
- Must have the ability to deal effectively and interact well with the employees throughout all levels of the Mount Airy Casino Resort.
- Must be able to be approved for and maintain a valid license as required by the PA Gaming Control Board.
- Must have ability to deal affectively and interact well with customers and employees.
- Must demonstrate leadership, fairness and sensibility to the customers and employees.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to stand, walk, and move through all areas of the casino.
- Maintain physical stamina and proper mental attitude to work under pressure in a fast-paced, casino environment and effectively deal with customers, management, employees, and members of the business community in all situations.
- Adequate manual dexterity to operate office equipment and engage in light lifting.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a key license as required by the PGCB.
- Must be able to read, write, speak and understand English. Must be able to respond to visual and aural cues.
- Must be able to work nights, weekends and holidays as required with occasional travel.
Mount Airy Casino Resort
44 Woodland Road
Mount Pocono, PA 18344
Mount Airy Casino Resort in Pennsylvania, features a 68,000 square foot gaming area with 1,700 slot machines. Table games include Blackjack, Poker, “Let It Ride” Poker, Three Card Poker, Seven Card Stud, Hold ’em, Omaha, Pai Gow Poker, Roulette, and Craps.
The 188 room luxury resort hotel includes a full-service luxury spa & exercise & wellness center, Indoor/ Outdoor swimming pool, conference center with banquet & meeting room faciliites , four restaurants including Bistecca by Il Mulino, Guy Fieri’s Mount Pocono Kitchen, Mount Airy Buffet and Get Wet Ultra Pool Kitchen), Gypsies Lounge/Night Club‚ retail shops‚ and a covered parking facility. The facility is surrounded by an 18-hole championship golf course and is adjacent to a 27-acre lake surrounded by nature trails.
We are seeking talented, experienced, responsible and highly personable people to help foster an energetic and service-centered atmosphere. We employ about 1,000 people - at salaried and hourly wages and offer attractive and equitable employee compensation and benefits plans.
Mount Airy knows it takes great people to make great things happen. As such, we're dedicated to cultivating a diverse work environment, where our team members share ideas, collaborate and respect one another. Ideally, the Mount Airy team will include individuals from a wide array of backgrounds, with different experiences and viewpoints, which will be valued. Our work culture will be performance-based, where personal accountability, growth opportunities and recognition occur daily.
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to equal opportunity in all aspects of our business, without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, age, religion, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, family status, socioeconomic status or any other extraneous consideration not directly and substantively related to effective job performance. Applicants from diverse backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply.
All Applicants Must Be Able To Pass A Drug Screen.
Mount Airy Casino-Resort is an equal opportunity employer