Director of Security - Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Sioux City
Director of Security
Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Sioux City
Sioux City, Iowa 51101
Dec 14, 2017
Feb 15, 2018
Type of Position:
(The following statements are intended as general illustrations of the work in this job class and are not all-inclusive for specific positions.)
- Hire, retain, motivate, evaluate and manage security staff, ensuring employees receive adequate guidance and resources to accomplish established objectives.
- Review activities throughout the facility in order to gauge and improve staffing levels, working conditions and other matters, which influence quality guest service and profitability.
- Establish department standards, guidelines and objectives and maintains other administrative processes such as budget and staffing to ensure proper planning and efficient operation of assigned areas.
- Monitor and evaluate security department in order to ensure the proper planning for short and long-term strategies.
- Assist in reviewing strengths and weaknesses of facility policies and procedures in order to most effectively implement changes to improve operations and most efficiently allocate resources.
- Ensure a safe and secure atmosphere/environment for customers and employees.
- Coordinate security investigation efforts in conjunction with outside law enforcement agencies to assure proper handling of civil violations of patrons or employees; may occasionally appear in court with corporate attorneys to assist in criminal justice proceedings.
- Establish implements and monitors emergency procedures to ensure prompt and safe handling of such emergencies as fire, flood, or bomb threats.
- Work with operating departments to design and conduct highly sensitive investigations to facilitate fact-finding and probe into potentially illegal or inappropriate activities.
- Conduct background investigations on prospective or newly hired employees.
GAMING INDUSTRY EXPERIENCE IS PREFERRED
Must have ability to:
- Communicate effectively with all levels of employees as well as outside contacts.
- Review and comprehend all necessary documentation.
- Observe and direct actions of employees and customers.
- Move around facility and respond to situations in an effective and efficient manner.
- Identify and understand cheating techniques in gaming and hard/soft count.
- Understand electronic equipment used in surveillance.
- Understand corporate and property-specific policies and procedures.
- Thorough understanding of state, civil and criminal laws. Knowledge of gaming regulations.
- This knowledge and these abilities are typically acquired through the completion of a bachelor’s degree in criminal justice, or a closely related field, in addition to five years of direct security/surveillance experience in a hotel/casino, or through a high school degree or equivalent and eight years of direct hotel/casino experience.
In addition to the other duties described herein, each and every employee has the following responsibilities related to compliance with laws and regulations:
- Attend required training sessions offered by the Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Sioux City.
- Perform the duties described in compliance with local laws and regulations.
- Take the necessary steps to ensure minors are not allowed to gamble or loiter in gambling areas, drink alcoholic beverages, or purchase tobacco.
- Have knowledge of the ordinances, regulations, laws, policies, and procedures relating to the employee’s department.
- Have knowledge of the Property’s programs to address problem gambling.
- Consults with the appropriate individuals and maintains and effective system of written policies, procedures, and internal controls to ensure compliance with Iowa Gaming Regulations and Internal Controls.
- Takes the appropriate steps to investigate exceptions, fraud, and potential violations and report such instances to the appropriate levels of management.
- Reports any acts of wrongdoing on behalf of any staff member that they have knowledge.
Hard Rock Hotel and Casino Sioux City
Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Sioux City was developed through a partnership between the Missouri River Historical Development and SCE Partners, LLC, an affiliate of Warner Gaming, LLC, and is operated under license from HRHH IP, LLC. Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Las Vegas is the flagship property owned by an affiliate of HRHH IP, LLC.
Missouri River Historical Development, Inc. (MRHD) is the non-profit organization that has held the license for gaming operations in Woodbury County, Iowa since 1992. Since its formation in 1989, MRHD has been improving the quality of life for all residents in Woodbury County via distribution of over $21 million worth of grants to non-profit agencies and governmental agencies.