Income Audit Manager / 0372 - Little Creek Casino Resort
Income Audit Manager / 0372
Little Creek Casino Resort
Shelton, Washington 98584
Dec 06, 2017
Jan 07, 2018
Type of Position:
Accounting & Finance
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Manages all functions pertaining to revenue and cage accounting
- Promotes positive public and employee relations through efficient, courteous, professional services
- Reviews audit spreadsheets for accuracy and compliance with GAAP.
- Provide corrective feedback to audit staff and follow up to verify that corrective action has occurred
- Provides training to audit staff on new and revised audit procedures.
- Communicates any changes or updates both in writing and verbally and follows up to verify changes have been understood and properly applied
- Prepares journal entries to record revenues and changes in cage, table ATM and ticket redemption kiosk accountability
- Prepares daily operating reports based on revenue reports from within the revenue and other accounting areas
- Review and distribute daily, weekly and monthly reports generated by Income Audit Staff. Following up on and correcting any errors or other discrepancies before distribution
- Maintain audit spreadsheets; submitting proposed changes to the Controller for approval
- Assist in answering auditing and revenue accounting procedural questions by researching and interpreting accounting policies and gaming regulations
- Evaluate and propose updates to revenue audit policies, procedures and reporting system to ensure efficiency and compliance with all necessary policies and controls
- Assist in the design, implementation, interface and management of computer based systems for all revenue generating departments as directed by the Controller.
- Assist in auditing the effectiveness of casino controls and accuracy of financial records by means of thorough investigations of discrepancies. Reports results of investigations to management
- Perform revenue and cage audits as-needed
- Assists in preparation for both internal and external audits. Cooperates with internal and external audits to provide requested information and follow up
- Evaluates all areas of responsibility for continuous improvement opportunities and develops plans to implement process improvements
- Monitors and reports on compliance with Title 31 Compliance Program, Federal Bank Secrecy Act (BSA) / Anti-Money Laundering regulations and Federal Tax Rules and regulation under the direction of the Controller Preparation and Filing of SAR‘s
- Other duties as assigned
GAMING INDUSTRY EXPERIENCE IS PREFERRED
- Bachelor's in Accounting, Business Administration, Finance or closely related field OR Bachelor’s degree and three years experience as a revenue auditor in a gaming environment can be used to meet education requirement
- Minimum five years experience in accounting, auditing and/or financial reporting required. Experience in a casino revenue audit capacity preferred
- One year supervisory experience required
- Experience with slot accounting systems preferred
- Casino and/or hospitality industry experience preferred
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret scientific and technical journals, financial reports and legal documents
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies or members of the business community
- Ability to write speeches and articles for publication that conform to prescribed style and format. Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups and/or boards of directors
- Ability to apply advanced mathematical concepts such as exponents, logarithms, quadratic equations and permutations
- Ability to apply mathematical operations to such tasks as frequency distribution, determination of test reliability and validity, analysis of variance, correlation techniques, sampling theory and factor analysis
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establishes facts and draws valid conclusions
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables
- Class III Gaming License issued from the Washington State Gambling Commission
- Ability to communicate effectively with other departments required
- Knowledge of audit and accounting functions, flexibility in regards to work schedules, detail oriented with strong math and analytical capabilities required. Experience in a gaming and hospitality environment required
- Thorough knowledge of financial and accounting principles and familiarity with GAAP
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organizational and multi-tasking skills
- Proficient in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with frequent interruptions
Our attractive full benefits package includes: Medical, Rx, Dental, Vision Care, Generous Deductible Reimbursement Plan, Life Insurance, 401(k) with Company match.
Salary Range: DOQ and Experience
All applicants must be able to demonstrate their US work authorization during the employment verification process.
Completed forms can be faxed to (360) 432-7493 OR scanned and emailed to email@example.com
Little Creek Casino
West 91 Hwy 108
Shelton, WA 98584
Little Creek Casino located in Shelton, Washington just minutes north of Olympia on Highway 101, features 1220 slot machines, blackjack, poker, roulette, craps, and many others.
The Creek offers resort accommodations with 190 rooms, 6 dining options, concerts & entertainment, meeting & convention space and many casino amenities. The facility also features an RV park with 44 spaces, a Golf Club, and a Spa.