Training Coordinator - Cliff Castle Casino Hotel
Cliff Castle Casino Hotel
Camp Verde, Arizona 86322
Dec 06, 2017
Jan 07, 2018
Type of Position:
Duties and Responsibilities: Specific areas of responsibility included, but not limited to:
- Assist in the assessment of company training needs and the development and implementation of programs specific to Guest Service to meet those needs.
- Implement other company course modules as assigned for Team Members.
- Develop and update mandatory classes and materials as necessary.
- Coordinate and conduct all Traditions programs.
- Administer computer lab classes.
- Maintain the training records for managerial and departmental programs conducted by the training department.
- Coordinate the maintenance of all training records using records database.
- Remain current with training trends, techniques and certifications.
- Publish monthly training calendar.
- Research, develop and update training manuals and materials as necessary.
- Assist in supervising training department library.
- Complete and submit Banquet Event Orders for training room events.
- Assess, research, develop, and when necessary conduct departmental training to help improve Team Member performance in individual departments.
- Consult and advise Team Members in a training improvement plan or selection of a career path within the Casino.
- Register students for higher education classes, or for company training, off-site.
- Coordinate on-site training by external trainers.
- Recommend and purchase training supplies.
- Coordinate and makes travel arrangements for Team Members attending off-site training.
- Ensure that all travel is within budget.
- Assesses success of each activity and makes recommendations for change or cancellation of the activity.
- Responsible for set-up, breakdown and clean-up of training room and offices.
- Lead by example on principles taught in classes.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
GAMING INDUSTRY EXPERIENCE IS PREFERRED
- Bachelor’s Degree in communications, instructional design or other related fields, or other equivalent work experience.
- Two (2) years training experience.
- Strong organizational and project management skills.
- Excellent platform skills.
- Prefer bilingual in Spanish and English.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work weekends, holidays, various shifts and special events.
- Ability to operate basic audio visual equipment such as but not limited to: VCR, DVD, overhead projector, video projector.
- Knowledgeable in Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel, Access and PowerPoint programs.
- Experience in curriculum development.
- Ability to work effectively within various levels of the organization.
- Must have employment eligibility in the U.S.
- Able to obtain a valid gaming license.
- Must be ServSafe certified or be able to obtain certification within one year of hire.
- Must attend State, Federal, Tribal, Casino and Department mandatory trainings and pass any applicable testing.
All applicants must be able to demonstrate their US work authorization during the employment verification process.
555 Middle Verde Road
Camp Verde AZ, 86322
Cliff Castle Casino Hotel is a family friendly destination located an hour north of Phoenix on I-17 just south of Sedona in Camp Verde, AZ. It is proudly owned and operated by the Yavapai-Apache Nation. The casino features Las Vegas-style Blackjack, live Poker, 665 slot machines and year-round, world-class entertainment in the Dragonfly Nightclub and the Stargazer Pavilion.
The 6-story hotel tower offers guests 122 luxury suites, king rooms, double-queen rooms, a pool, multi-purpose conference rooms, coffee shop, retail outlet and a 300 space parking garage.
The casino hotel also features a 20-lane bowling center, Kids Quest supervised child care and an arcade. Guests can enjoy fine dining at Storytellers Steakhouse and family dining in Mountain Springs buffet, Johnny Rockets-The Ultimate Hamburger or grab a quick bite at Three Sisters open 24/7.