Senior Human Resources Generalist - Tioga Downs Casino & Resort
Senior Human Resources Generalist
Tioga Downs Casino & Resort
Nichols, New York 13812
Dec 04, 2017
Jan 05, 2018
Type of Position:
- Provide excellent guest service to both internal and external guests.
- Actively supports the company culture of creating a fun and entertaining experience for internal and external guests
- Coordinate the daily processing of all employment related documents including leaves of absence, separations, disability and other actions.
- Oversee all information systems concerning human resource matters and ensure accuracy of the data.
- Oversee the maintenance of all record keeping relative to Associate related issues.
- Provide counseling to management staff with respect to Company policies and practices, as well as government regulations.
- Supervise the Associate licensing function, licensing renewals, compensation programs, and wage and hour compliance and Associate performance programs.
- Handles Associate inquiries on human resource issues.
- Performs Exit Interviews with Associates leaving the company, to ensure that all checkout procedures are complete. Process termination paperwork.
- Examines Associates’ files to answer inquires and provides information to authorized persons. Completes employment references.
- Process Worker’s Compensation C-2’s, C-240’s to carrier. Updates WC Spreadsheet and OSHA 300 log.
- Assist Director of HR with Bargaining Agreement and Union Grievances.
- Organizes Associate of the Month and Anniversary Celebration.
- Process 30 day and yearly wage increases.
- Process and return all requested information from NYS Agencies (Child Processing Unit, Tax Levies, Garnishments and Domestic Relations)
- Assists in organizing and planning Company Picnic/Pep Rally/Holiday Party.
- Administration of Cobra Benefits and process cancellation of benefits.
- Benefit Administration for Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability, LTD, STD and Life Insurance, FSA and 401K for all eligible associates. Reconcile Billing from all Carriers.
- Process and Contest all Unemployment Claims. Organize Unemployment Hearing Requests.
- Issues badges to employees and vendors per Internal Controls.
- All other duties assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Four-year college degree require or two to four years related human resource experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or Associates of organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to apply commonsense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an Associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the Associate is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The Associate frequently is required to walk and use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls. The Associate is occasionally required to stand and reach with hands and arms.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an Associate encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
2384 West River Rd.
Nichols NY, 13812
Tioga Downs Casino & Resort is located at the gateway to Finger Lakes Wine Country in New York. With 950 slot machines, 44 table games, including the World Series of Poker sanctioned Poker Room, it’s a gambler’s retreat.
Add in the best barbecue from around the country at Virgil’s Real Barbecue, fresh food at the County Fair Buffet grown in our garden and on local farms, headline concerts, live music from the best regional bands on the weekends and live racing all summer long and Tioga Downs is a sure bet for fun.
A 161-room hotel, spa, P.J. Clarke’s, swimming pools with water slides and 33,000 square feet of meeting and convention space, is scheduled to open in November 2017.
Tioga Downs Casino is the most inviting, entertaining and rewarding experience that the region has to offer. With the excitement of harness racing and the thrills of casino gaming in a friendly and casual atmosphere, this destination is rivaled by none.
Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action Employer